• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor Mcgregor vs Floyd Mayweather (Can it happen?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-boxing_3466309.jpg

comp_boxing1.jpg

The best at what they do. Do you think this match up of the best pound for pound and counter punchers of this generation will meet in the boxing ring and or octagon?

Conor wants 100 million to go toe to toe with one of the best counter punchers in boxing history

"Floyd's not ready for this," McGregor said. "Much respect to Floyd. He's a solid businessman on what he's been able to do, he's a fucking animal at what he's been able to do. But as far as real fighting, as far as true pure unarmed combat, Floyd don't want none of this.McGregor continued: "He wants a boxing match, he doesn't want a fight ... I want $100 million cash to fight him under boxing rules. He's afraid of a real fight."

http://www.esquire.com/sports/news/a50750/conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-fight/

Mayweather responds to Conors dominate win over Alvarez, claiming he never saw the fight, and also slammed Mcgregor.

"I didn't know Conor McGregor was undefeated. I didn't know he had a reign in MMA for 20 years and undefeated and was world champion in five different weight classes. That's something I didn't know. So I guess you guys are telling me something new if you say he's the Floyd Mayweather of the MMA," Mayweather told TMZ Sports.

"If you say he's the Floyd Mayweather of the MMA, I’m trying to find out have you ever made $300 million in one night? Have you ever made $100 million in one night? Have you ever made $70 million in one night. So as far as saying he's the Floyd Mayweather of MMA — it's OK to say it but it's not true."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVeRk7piOnk

http://www.foxsports.com.au/ufc/conor-mcgregor-wants-100m-to-box-floyd-mayweather-says-money-is-afraid-of-a-real-fight/news-story/47bdbde2e1a3832976d64cb0e8f48f75

201603_0215_afihc_sm.jpg

01.png

DUNK360-Featured-Image-maywaether.png

113567984-conor-two-belts-large_trans++WS14qhYPBGny4Y46-fINE6l5nuCzI9HeEAsBR17YjP0.jpg

studyguy

Mayweather doesn't need to throw a charity bout for some guy 10 years younger than him so the guy can collect a check.

Say what you will about Mayweather but his fists are busted, he's retired, about to hit 40. Why bother?

Whoever wins? Same rules apply to Rousey vs Mayweather, Conor vs Mayweather, etc etc

MMA? MMA fighter wins
Boxing? Mayweather wins

Any top 10 145 or 155 mma fighter will fuck up Floyd so bad in a kickboxing or mma match. But they'd get staaaaaaarched in a boxing match though.

Will never happen. Conor would get wrecked in a boxing match and Floyd Mayweather in an MMA match would be another in a long line of colossal embarrassments for strikers in MMA.

bionic77

The best boxers in the world could not hit Floyd and now we are supposed to believe that Conor can because why?

Surprised Maywewther doesn't do this. Enough saps in the world to make this worth his time.

Madness

Mayweather would destroy Conor inside of 3 rounds. I am a giant McGregor fan but Mayweather's speed, quickness, power and ability have him on another level. I am embarassed for anyone who thinks Conor has a chance against Mayweather in a boxing match.

The best boxers in the world could not hit Floyd and now we are supposed to believe that Conor can because why?

Surprised Maywewther doesn't do this. Enough saps in the world to make this worth his time.

Conor is just grandstanding, he wants too much money

Mayweather would destroy Conor inside of 3 rounds. I am a giant McGregor fan but Mayweather's speed, quickness, power and ability have him on another level. I am embarassed for anyone who thinks Conor has a chance against Mayweather in a boxing match.

Mayweather would probably not go for the kill that quickly, but yeah Conor gets starched even with an out of his prime Mayweather

Furyous

*leaves outdoor pool for indoor pool to post a reply*

Has Conor made $20 million in a night? Conor isn't even the best fighter in UFC... Conor's lowest pay day against Floyd amounts to more than he's ever earned at UFC. Floyd works Conor something fierce in the boxing gym. I'd buy the PPV just to watch Conor tire out and get made to look like an amateur in the ring.

Mayweather doesn't need to throw a charity bout for some guy 10 years younger than him so the guy can collect a check.

Say what you will about Mayweather but his fists are busted, he's retired, about to hit 40. Why bother?

Because he would clear $100 million for one night of work and easily coast to a victory?

Whoever wins? Same rules apply to Rousey vs Mayweather, Conor vs Mayweather, etc etc

MMA? MMA fighter wins
Boxing? Mayweather wins

Not everybody agreed with that from what I remember reading. But since this is Conor and not Ronda I think it should be a consensus this time.

Boxing: Floyd dominates for 12 rounds, but I think Conor actually makes it to the bell. Well unless Floyd really wants to go for the kill. But I figure he'll do his usual and just hang back and pepper Conor repeatedly.

MMA: Conor wins whenever he feels like it. He could literally call it like when Ruth did.

Tekniqs

notta dis shitto agen

boxing floyd demolishes Mac

vice versa if MMA rules

edit for Rice Eater's post above

Conor makes the 12th bell only of Floyd allows him to. The talent gulf there (in terms of boxing) is massive as fuck. Diaz was able to put it on Conor, what more from Floyd

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

Yup, Floyd washes him in 3, even at the age of 40

Yep, It's amazing how people can't see the athletic disparity between the two.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
There are too many young fighters out there for Floyd in boxing to waste time on Conor. Keith Thurman, GGG, Danny Garcia, even Canelo Alvarez (again) or Adrien Broner...ok maybe not Adrien but maybe Shawn Porter. I don't wanna see some real bunk-ass "superfight" Ali Vs Superman shit.

McGregor vs Diaz III will do just fine.

Everybody that had a chance to beat Floyd either was past their prime or lost to him so I'm good.

KahooTs

I don't know the amounts involved. I always believed Floyd/Manny would happen because there was too much money involved for it to not happen.

How much more is a Conor fight to Floyd than the next person they could put him in a ring with? How much is Mayweather's current worth? These are the biggest factors I think.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Conor would be a damn fool, to get in the boxing ring with PBF, just like Mayweather would be a fool to step foot in an octagon.

Whoever makes the mistake will get embarrassed. Any other discussion is pointless.

This quote is so stupid, if he really believes it.

FStop7

Banned
It would be a massive payday for both Conor and Floyd but it would be a boring and one sided match. Floyd would outbox him every step of the way.

Chumley

Banned
Floyd is the biggest piece of shit in sports right now so I'd love to see him get knocked out but I dunno if Conor could do it.

old

Floyd would be a heavy favorite.

I'd definitely pay good money to watch this...but it would be a disappointing match to watch. An outclassed MMA fighter getting walked down by the best hit-and-runner the sport has ever seen. The last 6 rounds would just be Floyd ducking Connor.

Connor does not have the cardio to go 5 rounds let alone 12. He may have reach and speed but he's never been against someone with floyds feet, speed, and evasiveness.

A boxing match?

What a waste of time. Floyd made greats/champions of his era look like amateurs. Floyd would toy with Conor and get away with it.

Jerm411

Will never happen...they won't be able to agree on the $$$....don't think Floyd does it either, it's a lose/lose situation for him outside of the money. Does nothing to further his legacy.

Would this even get sanctioned anyways?

eggandI

Banned
Is the UFC really so trash that the only way these people can get recognition/money is by trying to goad a retired 40 year old fighter from a different sport? wtf

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Okay I missed the TMZ video. Floyd destroying the guy for calling Conor "the Floyd Mayweather of MMA" is gold. Straight facts.

Chumley

Banned
I can't comprehend the ballwashing of Floyd on this forum. He puts women in the hospital and doesn't apologize for it. That should be mentioned every single time anyone is talking about how good he is at fighting - he uses those same skills in domestic violence.

Fitts

Never say never, but I personally think this is a stupid fight to make. If it's boxing, Floyd wins and it means nothing. If it's MMA, Conor wins and it means nothing.

I do admit that I would love to see Floyd get smashed though. Dude deserves to get his ass beat and it would be a fitting nail in boxing's coffin.

Is the UFC really so trash that the only way these people can get recognition/money is by trying to goad a retired 40 year old fighter from a different sport? wtf

UFC is far bigger than current boxing so no.

Anyways this fight will never happen. Floyd would win a decision over Mac but there are way too many factors in the way

bionic77

I can't comprehend the ballwashing of Floyd on this forum. He puts women in the hospital and doesn't apologize for it. That should be mentioned every single time anyone is talking about how good he is at fighting - he uses those same skills in domestic violence.
He is a piece of shit. But he is a legendary boxer too.

You can be both. And the thread is about whether Conor can beat him in a fight, not whether Money is going to make it to heaven.

norm9

People here know and nobody is excusing it. But this topic is about Floyd vs McGregor.

UFC is far bigger than current boxing so no.

Anyways this fight will never happen. Floyd would win a decision over Mac but there are way too many factors in the way

What an odd statement. UFC is an American league. Boxing isn't under a league, it's a global sport that's under various different regulations with hundreds of different promoters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom