• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

R8TEDM3

13767754814_3401b92264_h.jpg

13905923515_8cc7c04691_h.jpg

13905925285_c5d6ebc358_h.jpg

shinnn

iprCRemMQV6U1.jpg

ibk33jE5X5W5lg.jpg

iDqFO4v7umDJg.jpg

He definitely should have chosen his words differently. HUD-less option will be available for SS soon. There is no mode where it supersamples like Forza.

Cant believe people still try to defend this behavior. No, its photomode, the menu itself is called "photo mode".

All the posts from that guy in this thread was to criticize Forza pics. Then he said I should stop posting "photo mode" pics because its "ruins the spirit of the thread". He is already wrong because the pics are not even from photomode as people pointed out. He continues trolling saying "Ok. bring on GT7". Now he is celebrating the Infamous "photo mode" and saying "Cant wait to see those pics here". wtf? If its not trolling, what is?

Actually the patch is adding more than HUD options. It is adding a photo mode that lets you edit pics, adjusting DOF and so forth.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbkvRpL72mo

Even freezing the game and rotating camera. But seeing as though this is happening in real time, I'm happy for the pics to remain here. Fake replays in car games are a different story.

What? the replays in Forza are not real-time? Even in photomode, every effect is generated in real-time (unlike GT for example). Fake replays. lol.

btw, I'm dont see any problem of posting Infamous photomode pics here. I was just talking about his hypocrisy (and looks like its not just him).

DoF is the only extra effect that's effecting the graphics. In Forza you have a seperate, much more detailed model, that is not in the 'interactive game', whereas inFamous uses its assets for everything, Level of detail is always the same.
Who said the lods in Forza are the same? The autovista mode is there, the photomode is there and they are "interactive". Everyone playing the game can see the lod0 models in real-time. But as I said, that was not even the case, because my pics were not from photomode neither using lod0 models.

Shin-Ra

Trials looks a little blurrier than I was expecting in stills, guess that's the FXAA at play and a little compression.

edit: eww and the HUD too.

If the photomode in Forza 5 is supersampling then that is not the same as is being done in Infamous at all. However, you are just shifting the DoF, it doesn't acually add any higher quality effects as far as I am aware. Aside from the DoF it is pretty similar to the photo feature in say Tearaway...

The quality of Infamous screens are going to take a massive leap though.

What? the replays in Forza are not real-time? Even in photomode, every effect is generated in real-time (unlike GT for example). Fake replays. lol.

You haven't got a clue.

It's not about whether the game renders it in real time. It's about rendering stuff that is not, EVER visible during gameplay. That's what is fake about Forza and many car game replay and photo modes. Misleading is probably the better term.

Why post a screenshot from a photo mode that shows image quality the in-game engine doesn't come close to?

Exactly.

And on another topic, wow Trials looks bad on Xbox. Low res, bad blacks.

shinnn

You haven't got a clue.

It's not about whether the game renders it in real time. It's about rendering stuff that is not, EVER visible during gameplay. That's what is fake about Forza and many car game replay and photo modes. Misleading is probably the better term.

Why post a screenshot from a photo mode that shows image quality the in-game engine doesn't come close to?

Exactly.

Because theres a in-game mode that allows you to see those stuff?

Because I lost hours and hours in the game seeing stuff like this?

izSrm28ng4gBE.jpg

iH7uji87mf4Wo.jpg

iZbxiKdilnJEG.jpg

Because this is MY experience with the game?

Caayn

You haven't got a clue.

Exactly.

Shinn is pointing out that mrJared is a hypocrite of the highest order. He first claims that he's against photo modes that alter the image. Ok, Forza's photomode does that replay doesn't!. Then he goes on saying that at least all other games are shown with their HUD on. Telling us that he prefers a HUD on the picture, as that reflects the game better. And now one page later he says that he can't wait for the I:SS photo mode, which doesn't include a HUD ( goes against his preferences) and allows the user to alter the shot ( DOF, blur).
Nothing that mrJared says in one post matches with what he says in another. I'm not even talking about his GT7 claim yet.

And you may want to play Forza 5 before you start claiming things that it does or doesn't ;)

sangreal

Isn't the Xbox One version 900p as well?

Could be adding to the blurry look.

Yeah, and the scaling is really, really obvious. I tried taking some screenshots, but they were all too ugly. I don't have a problem w/ other 900p games on xbox, like Ryse and PvZ

freakzilla3000

Zelda really does look UNREAL in motion. It honestly makes me want another cell shaded Zelda title but I think I may get crucified for saying that...

big_erk

Zelda really does look UNREAL in motion. It honestly makes me want another cell shaded Zelda title but I think I may get crucified for saying that...

You are not alone. I remember when the game was first showed and all the venom it got. Most people mellowed after playing the game but there were still folks who thought the game was kiddy because the visuals evoked whimsy.

ironcreed

Banned

I am not opposed to that at all. Windwaker HD looks better to me than many of the 'true next-gen' games on PS4 and Xbox One. That said, I still want this first:

untitled.png

wii-u-Zelda-tech-demo.jpg

Just because I have been wanting Zelda to look like that for years. It will be glorious.

tesla246

Because theres a in-game mode that allows you to see those stuff?

Because I lost hours and hours in the game seeing stuff like this?

Because this is MY experience with the game?

You may have fun looking at those screenshots (nothing wrong with that), but those screenshots are not in any way representative of the graphical quality during gameplay. Just because of that it is hard to compare the graphical capabilities of similar games (that may be on other consoles) and how you simply see it on your tv.

If these are allowed, then why not allow PS3/360 cutscenes of games that surpass PS4/Xone/Wiiu ingame graphical quality with added aliasing etc. and are in no way comparable to ingame screenshots? Or better yet; why not post some PS3 gran turismo 6 photo mode shots? I guarantee some cant even tell the difference.
Furthermore this is a thread where we can judge PS4/Xone/Wiiu (next-gen) titles to each other and see how they compare graphically to similar genres/games and/or the other 2 consoles. To be straight to the point: its quite the show off thread for games and non-ingame screenshots devalue that thought; there are more than enough other threads to show that imo.

TL DR; this is not a thread about anyones experience with a game (no offense) or how good that game can look at its best; this is simply a thread where we analyse the graphical cababilities of a system from in-game screenshots and compare them with other games/consoles. Some games may stand out as amazing and others are criticised for how they look.

Just my two cents.

sangreal

You may have fun looking at those screenshots (nothing wrong with that), but those screenshots are not in any way representative of the graphical quality during gameplay.

Those screenshots are from a game mode (Forzavista) that lets you explore and interact with cars in realtime. They are simply not racing gameplay. They are also not from a non-realtime photo mode.

Just because of that it is hard to compare the graphical capabilities of similar games (that may be on other consoles) and how you simply see it on your tv.

If these are allowed, then why not allow PS3/360 cutscenes of games that surpass PS4/Xone/Wiiu ingame graphical quality with added aliasing etc. and are in no way comparable to ingame screenshots? Or better yet; why not post some PS3 gran turismo 6 photo mode shots? I guarantee some cant even tell the difference.
Furthermore this is a thread where we can judge PS4/Xone/Wiiu (next-gen) titles to each other and see how they compare graphically to similar genres/games and/or the other 2 consoles. To be straight to the point: its quite the show off thread for games and non-ingame screenshots devalue that thought; there are more than enough other threads to show that imo.

TL DR; this is not a thread about anyones experience with a game (no offense) or how good that game can look at its best; this is simply a thread where we analyse the graphical cababilities of a system from in-game screenshots and compare them with other games/consoles. Some games may stand out as amazing and others are criticised for how they look.

Just my two cents.

I think your problem is believing that every screenshot in this thread is, or should be, usable in a console war pissing contest. If you want to do that, there are plenty of screenshots in this thread that are suitable, but it is also filled to the brim with cutscene and replay shots (and soon Infamouse photo shots). Those shots aren't my thing either, but as far as I know, this thread is simply a repository for cool next-gen console screenshots with no specific attempt at making comparisons. I could be wrong, it is not my thread, but nothing in the OP suggests the goal is to determine if (eg) Forza looks better than Racer X. I would think that instead, you would take whatever shots you believe are representative of the game to the next Forza vs GT |OT| and ignore the rest.

Oh, and there are actual photo mode and pre-rendered cutscene shots in this thread too, so I think it is kind of bizarre that people are suddenly complaining about these Forza images. Just ignore them if you're not interested -- I do. There are tons of examples of races in Forza available as well

Caayn

Absolutely, the only flaw that the WW HD has is that Link sometimes under certain conditions looks like a clay doll. Outside of that it's perfect and looks better than most next-gen games, plus the graphics will stand the test of time better. I do agree with Ironcreed though.

commedieu

Banned
PS4 version looks really nice.

I took the same shot from the PC version for reference. The different face is obviously a personal preference thing but from what I've seen the Tress FX hair is better on PS4.

12266236753_303a0439a4_o_d.jpg

seems like the PC has better shadows for the hair. But it reads like its a muddy alpha channel on the hair (Haven't playd, just looking at the screens) The detailed hair shadows aren't there on the PS4, but the strands look more individual due to it. Look at the one that drapes in front of her eye.

eso76

Wind Waker had its problems, but cel shading isn't one.
Cel shading is the only proper Zelda.

And it should either look like animal treasure island or any early Miyazaki work

Top Bottom