• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

n3648The%20Last1356o86.jpg

Is it me or is that like Nathan Drake's gun holsters and shirt?

Pjsprojects

Xbox one - Warframe.

Snapshots taken the only way with out a capture card (so low quality).

ibmTRvZ7QUooB3.png

ibrxkSjYONv2DN.png

iMqaMD5dbWOc2.png

Very pleased compared to PS4 & PC version.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
More proof that cartoony graphics aren't easier to render than realistic ones. And that's on the mighty PS4.

Whatever. Skylanders Swap Force is cross-gen and a launch title and looks/runs a hell of a lot better than that.
And The Tomorrow Children looks insane.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
So you've got the video signal from the Wii U going through your graphics card and back out to the TV, adding MLAA without any noticeable delay?
No, that tool I linked to just adds MLAA to existing screenshots.

There's a tool for doing what you described, from the great Durante himself, but unfortunately it only works with Blackmagic Design Intensity. (My capture card is ExtremeCap U3)

Chabbles

How is the performance of the golf club ?

I played for afew hours yesterday (EU release with patch), and its pretty good and playable, but not a rock solid framerate all the time, alittle stutter here and there, not too frequent...
i forgot to try with v-sync enabled aswell, its off by default. But all in all it could be a bit better, and hopefully it will with updates.

Really love the way 4A uses lighting, smoke, and colors in these games. Gives me a Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay vibe where you know Ubi and Starbreeze were showing off their tech, but doing it in a cohesive, artistic way. If they drop the framerate back to a rock solid 30 for their next game, 4A can absolutely melt faces this gen.

xHRH9f.jpg

QwRGJa.jpg

Mji91D.jpg

I played for afew hours yesterday (EU release with patch), and its pretty good and playable, but not a rock solid framerate all the time, alittle stutter here and there, not too frequent...
i forgot to try with v-sync enabled aswell, its off by default. But all in all it could be a bit better, and hopefully it will with updates.

Is there any flickering on the PS4 version?

I have it on Steam but no graphic settings can remove the terrible flickering textures in the distance and foliage popping in and out for no reason.

I've read positive comments of the console release, but from my perspective, the engine seems buggy as all hell for me.

Oh and Sucker Punch could really cash in on Infamous by selling a bunch of DLC skins. Even make them 99c each and they'd make millions. Give the screenshot tool more variety and I'm sure most of us would jump all over it.

I have it on Steam but no graphic settings can remove the terrible flickering textures in the distance and foliage popping in and out for no reason.

I've read positive comments of the console release, but from my perspective, the engine seems buggy as all hell for me.

Oh and Sucker Punch could really cash in on Infamous by selling a bunch of DLC skins. Even make them 99c each and they'd make millions. Give the screenshot tool more variety and I'm sure most of us would jump all over it.

Yeah there is a lot of flickering/pop in on the PS4 version, it's pretty unfinished if you ask me. I picked it up and kind of regret it, hopefully they can release a few performance patches to sort out the little issues here and there.

Also from reading the forums there seems to be issues with playing courses that were created via the PC rather than PS4/X1 but that's being fixed in a patch apparently.

T-0800

My 50 inch tv broke down yesterday so I'm playing the game on a tiny tv at the moment so probalby can't see many of the flaws. The tv really is tiny.

That said it plays a great game of golf. Much much better than the Tiger Woods. Hopefully they continue to patch the game as there is no excuse for this to not run at 60fps with zero pop in.

Chabbles

I didnt notice the flickering in the distance, it may be there though, but if it is i wasnt distracted by it. But the pop in, i noticed that, and theres quite a bit of it when getting an overview of the hole with the "scout camera", or after hitting a ball as the camera follows the shot loading in new parts of the course, trees popping in everywhere. And some of the shadows are funky too..
Hopefully they'll improve on all this with updates..

Top Bottom