• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

newsguy

WOW! 2K are really showing everyone else what a sports game on next-gen hardware should look like. All the other sports games I've seen on PS4/XB1 don't even come close to this.

The best part is that it looks that way in motion. It's the first time I experience the effect that when something like an animation looks awkward it breaks the immersion completely. Some faces are so spot on they look like pictures.

massoluk

Banned
I posted on other thread.
gpKoI1A.jpg

qatXA2q.jpg

Bloody walking in a cartoon world, I'm telling you.

Effect

You all aren't cheating with those wind waker shots right? Straight from wiiu? Looks fantastic. Sigh. Gonna have to try and buy so much shit.

Keep in mind that's a remake/remaster of a GameCube game too. Just imagine what Nintendo's going to put out when they make a Zelda game that is 100% Wii U based.

At least next gen will do away with the oft repeated addage that off-screen footage looks better. Those direct feed KZ screens look incredible.

EhoaVash

wow NBA2k14 looks amazing on ps4, to bad the controls suck for that series of games >.>
pikmin 3 & ww look really good too, why are people posting Lego city shots, game looks ugly. Killzone looks nice but stop posting the same shots, need some different locations.

knack looks like a nice dreamworks movie but very boring looking.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
This thread is such a great idea! Need some intra-console love around here

FLAguy954

It's in the same position as the original Wii. People are still arguing over semantics for some reason.

That said, in a screenshot thread, I would hope people would stick to posting games that actually look nice. Pikmin, Zelda, and a few other Wii U titles are beautiful...but stuff like Lego City and Wonderful 101 (image quality wise) look awful and don't really fit in this thread, I think. Some of those horribly compressed PS4 images don't look great either.

I gotta agree with this. Lets do the these consoles justice by uploading screens that have minimal/no compression and don't look like an aliased mess (W101, Lego City. The games may look fun but fun doesn't hide aliasing lol).

I gotta agree with this. Lets do the these consoles justice by uploading screens that have minimal/no compression and don't look like an aliased mess (W101, Lego City. The games may look fun but fun doesn't hide aliasing lol).

But its on a next gen console. Wich is what this thread is for. And PS4 and Xbox One wont be without ugly games because they are more powerful. They always exist. If the game is good, even if its ugly, it should be posted aswell.

Frodo

Compression is indeed ruining most of Killzone shots.

TW101 is my GOTY so far, but the screenshots look horrible. Game still has aliasing problems, but looks way, way better in motion.

This guy looked like Tom Hanks to me.. well, from afar. Not so much anymore.
BZLX0ZvCEAA1gLP.jpg:orig

Wow what happened to killzone, those look like much lower LOD versions of the buildings in the trailers
I remember especially that twisted building and the white curved building looking decidedly next gen in the trailers/early footage because they were so smooth and high poly

You can count the edges here

scitek

kind of annoying TBH. i loved Wind Waker's visuals a decade ago but yeah..

Pikmin 3 and Killzone look fantastic. i want more pics of AC4 on PS4! those Wii U shots look pretty underwhelming.

WWHD's one of the best looking games out, period. I don't care what anyone says.

NBA 2k looks amazing, makes me wish they still did NHL games.

Makes me wish they bothered putting the next-gen version on PC.

Pjsprojects

Here are some shots of Deus Ex on the Wii U. It may be a bit of an older game, but I really love the style and the atmosphere in the cities. (Imgur links imported via Miiverse)

LFmV33n.jpg

9UCCvqA.jpg

NtcW3Dh.jpg

ei4brDR.jpg

You just made me buy the game, thanks! Is the frame rate ok because just looking at the last picture makes it look great.

velociraptor

I know screenshots generally look worse than the actual game but how does BF4 look, in person, on the PS4? I know it runs at 900p but is that obvious?

ozfunghi

Ok, i like this thread, Obviously WiiU games are running on enferior hardware but that's not keeping WW or Pikmin from spitting our great looking screens... If anything, i think it's both relevant and interesting to see just how wide or narrow the gap is in reality.

A question though, let's not turn this into a "what game is that/this" guessing game. Please clearly state what game/platform a screenshot is from in your post title. Maybe the OP should put this in the thread rules as well. Maybe to you it is obvious which game it is, but to others it might not be. You might think it is obvious which are PS4 and WiiU shots, but once XBO hits, you'll have to be clear about that (especially for multiplats) anyway.

frayne182

Banned
Ok, i like this thread, Obviously WiiU games are running on enferior hardware but that's not keeping WW or Pikmin from spitting our great looking screens...

A question though, let's not turn this into a "what game is that/this" guessing game. Please clearly state what game/platform a screenshot is from in your post title. Maybe the OP should put this in the thread rules as well. Maybe to you it is obvious which game it is, but to others it might not be. You might think it is obvious which are PS4 and WiiU shots, but once XBO hits, you'll have to be clear about that (especially for multiplats) anyway.

I agree. Just want to see pics and that's it

Blues1990

zlCfzRGH2kYVp5s3-w

zlCfzRFvKWwxdsNqaR

zlCfzQ_-LwQQM4zamN

zlCfzRLMAXwVsFRUuQ

zlCfzRLuKh8O6wdt3a

All taken from my Wii U Gamepad, as I was experimenting to see how much compression there is from taking screen captures between the television screen & the gamepad.

big_erk

I'm speechless at how good Killzone looks. Wow! :O

EDIT: Lego City UC is quite a looker as well, I may grab it at a low price, I know it's LEGO...but is it 'too easy' or is there a bit of challenges at some points?

Here's my contribution with Injustice on the Wii U, quite a looker too.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01w4ib5.jpg

Picked up Injustice WiiU during the Gamestop Power Hour thing earlier this year for $10. Great looking game.

Top Bottom