• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contest: Voice an NPC in Mass Effect: Andromeda

Citadel

I've been told that my voice sounds like "an old guy trying to sound young, or a young guy who's trying to sound old, but has also been yelling the night before."

Don't think my voice is suited for either role, but let my try my hand at the merc script. Or maybe I could do that "annoying reporter" role, even though he sounds more honest. Would be interesting to see the results. Sounds like fun, too. Good on BW to include fan entries like this.

Gxgear

Sounds fun, gonna give this a shot. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been told on occasion that I have a decent speaking voice.

Garlador

I think I'll enter this. Always was told I had a face for radio....

I'll record something when I get home. Always wanted to try my hand at some voice acting.

Well I tried, I know I've probably got no chance but at least there was an attempt made. Wish I had a better mic/place to record! Anyway good luck to everybody who enters!

TEJ

It would be nice to win and be a part of the game, but being honest with myself, my acting abilities are terribe and if I was chosen i'd drag down the quality of the game.

Not that they'd ever choose me. I'd probably enter if I had abilities worth a damn.

Fun contest.

I suspect I'm a bit too English for what they're after, and I may have gone a bit too varied between Jordan and the Merc (one was my phone voice, the other my 'blending in with chavs' voice), but what the hell, I enjoyed myself and have nothing to lose by trying!

Psykoboy2

Yeah uh, I think of anyone on Gaf you've got the best shot there. Jesus, that's an amazing voice. On the other hand though...

And the contest is over! For Tate anyway.

Welp, it's over. Rip Tate auditions

Yo, you've got a great voice.

Thanks everyone! That really means a lot, you have no idea. I haven't submitted yet. Those were a first pass read type of thing so I may do a few more takes and tweaks but I plan to submit by the end of the week. Sticking with Tate, but I'm going to try a few more takes on the Merc and see if I can pull some toughness out of my voice.

Paganmoon

Eligibility: Explorers Wanted (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec),New Zealand ,United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia)

boooooooooo!

Will definitely do this. People have told me I've got a broadcaster voice and so I feel like Tate would be a pretty good fit! I've done some Theater so who knows!

Thores

Question for you guys, since even the fine print didn't really state this in clear, explicit terms: what qualifies as an "entry"? Can an entry include readings of both scripts as long as they're in a single e-mail? Or is an entry the script reading itself, and thus you can only include a reading of one character in your submission?

My buddy submitted both of his takes-in a single e-mail- and I think his Jordan Tate in particular has a pretty good shot. I just hope he didn't somehow disqualify himself. Is there anything that states the terms of that more clearly?

Monocle

Made a few attempts.

Tate Scene

Merc Scene

Without accents or voices they probably sound the same pretty much. Not sure on the one I'll finally decide to submit though.
You sound exactly like an NPC, lol. I'd hire you in a second.

Question for you guys, since even the fine print didn't really state this in clear, explicit terms: what qualifies as an "entry"? Can an entry include readings of both scripts as long as they're in a single e-mail? Or is an entry the script reading itself, and thus you can only include a reading of one character in your submission?

My buddy submitted both of his takes-in a single e-mail- and I think his Jordan Tate in particular has a pretty good shot. I just hope he didn't somehow disqualify himself. Is there anything that states the terms of that more clearly?
This is pretty good too.

shandy706

I doubt they want a southern draw....then again, it is a game full of different sounding aliens. Maybe I should try...lol.

My attempt.
Tate
Go easy on me. It's the first time I've uploaded one of my voice overs... who am I kidding, if I suck, please let me know. All criticism is welcome.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Honestly, I'm curious about this too. It's not very clear on what constitutes an entry. I feel like you should be able to submit for both.

So what's the best way to do this? Speak the line, then wait a bit so the other line can fit in then say the next line, or just focus on the lines themselves and not the timing of the conversation?

Should someone else be on the recording doing the other character's lines?

I keep getting compliments on my voice at work but I don't think they want a radio voice for an NPC you'll interact with :p

Might do it just for kicks though

jryeje29

Damn gonna have to give this a try it would be so awesome even though I'd be pretty nervous in a real studio.

Top Bottom