• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

CoolS

cs-go-logo-2eefoo.png

Genre: First-person multiplayer shooter & gambling simulator
Plattforms: PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360, PS3 (lol)
Prices: $14.99/13.99€/£11.99​

What is this?
It's Counter-Strike!​

What's so special about Counter-Strike?
There is no character progression. There are no perks. There are no unlocks.
Everyone has access to the same weapons (with some differences between CTs and Ts), which you need to buy at the beginning of each round with the money you get from killing enemies and completing objectives. That's it! Winning or loosing depends on your skill with the weapon of your choice. And of course, your team. CS:GO is a team based shooter, and unless you are a CS god against a team of first-timers you can't win most of the rounds by yourselves.​

Video Tutorials
Here are some great Youtube channels that provide a wide range of information about basic mechanics, tactics and grenade guides. Check it out, there is new information to be found for all skill levels.

adreN TV
Former iBP pro, has a lot of great videos on tactics and grenades, as well as positioning and shooting. Also POV vids from his team, The Stream Team, which are really interesting to watch.

WarOwl

A great way to get started, with lots of tutorials.

Hatton's grenade tutorials
Some of these might be a bit outdated but I included it anyway since the grenades are really useful and easy to learn.

Operation L2P

Looking to nade a specific spot on a map? Operation L2P most likely has a video on that! Apparently they also have some guides and a crosshair generator now.​

Videos

Mrtweeday
Great highlight of plays by pros.​

HLTV
Great highlight of plays by pros.​

Great highlight of plays by pros.

A CS GAF Montage done by Ludono

Current Operation

Operations in CS feature maps made by the community and can be accessed by anyone. You can also buy the Access Pass, which normally is 5.99$/4,69€ to receive crate drops or do extra missions which net you skin drops. A portion of the money goes to the map makers, so it usually is a good deal for everyone.
The maps featured are:

No Operation at the moment

Betting
cs_by_k2_kun-d86qqyh2nakor.png

Like it or not, skins and betting have become a thing in professional CS and are part of the reason why the game has become this successful as an e-Sport and is continuing to grow. I'm not going to discuss the different aspects of it here, instead I'll just link the most important sites on that topic.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN BETTING ON MATCHES! GAMBLING CAN EASILY BECOME AN ADDICTION AND IS IN NO WAY TO BE TREATED LIGHTLY!
Just look at poor Odah :(

Other

CS GAF Steam Groups

OT1 Wall of Shame

wosm8urb.png

If you do a giveaway, use the nolurker command!

If you want something added to the OP, just send me a PM and I'll try to do it :)

MayMay

Banned
I'm in the Top 25, or was last time I checked. Not a very active poster... busy playing CS most of the time llele

Omega

Banned
This smoke sucks (the more accurate version of it)

It helps the other team more than it helps you. It lets the enemy know that there's most likely someone in checkers (if there's not then this smoke is the worst smoke ever), so they can freely push in because you're not going to be in B halls, or behind that box in b halls since you don't have smoke to cover you.

By the time they're in checkers it's already too late because up until then you have no information. Maybe they sent 4 guys to fake a B push and the guy is at A. Maybe all 5 are there, or maybe no one is there but you don't know that so you still have two guys at B while your team is gonna get pushed mid or A.

You want to put yourself in a position where you can make an educated guess as to what the enemy is doing. That smoke does none of that. pls stop using it.

Xizk

The better smoke is to throw it from heaven so it bounces on the wall where you would smoke CT if you were T. Lands to the right of the entrance so they can't get to checkers through it without you seeing it.

Mokoi

Banned
Thank you, I will try to add stuff that might be missing if people request it :)
Great OT, and sent up a pm about something you can add.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Mokoi:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

360fx360f

Sticker | Ninjas in Pyjamas | Katowice 2014 -- MB-69E3365D8A35D48A - Taken by ericksakti. 15 entrants total.
t1418166272z1.png

Wunder

How do I give away a non-game from Modbot? Do I just enter the item name with no key? How does it know what image to grab?

Mokoi

Banned
How do I give away a non-game from Modbot? Do I just enter the item name with no key? How does know what image to grab?
I always just make up my own key, and you have to add the image in yourself.

Ex.
Fade Bayonet (FN) - givetomokoi1234

CoolS

How do I give away a non-game from Modbot? Do I just enter the item name with no key? How does know what image to grab?
You just put in random letters for the key if i remember correctly. And I just added the image when I did a giveaway.

Beaten twice. Really going to bed now.

This smoke sucks (the more accurate version of it)

It helps the other team more than it helps you. It lets the enemy know that there's most likely someone in checkers (if there's not then this smoke is the worst smoke ever), so they can freely push in because you're not going to be in B halls, or behind that box in b halls since you don't have smoke to cover you.

By the time they're in checkers it's already too late because up until then you have no information. Maybe they sent 4 guys to fake a B push and the guy is at A. Maybe all 5 are there, or maybe no one is there but you don't know that so you still have two guys at B while your team is gonna get pushed mid or A.

You want to put yourself in a position where you can make an educated guess as to what the enemy is doing. That smoke does none of that. pls stop using it.

It's not a horrible smoke, but it isn't the ideal one either. It slows down Ts. Helps you funnel them to checkers. It gives you the advantage if they run through it. It can keep the Ts guessing whether a CT is in checkers or not. The better one is to of course block off the Toxic area and not the entrance to the site, but it's much better than no smoke.

Wunder

ModBot said:
Instructions for Wunder:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Wunder, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

42cfc0f8ad.jpg

M4A1-S Nitro (FT) -- MB-FCCDE2903EFFEC70 - Taken by TheSeks. 16 entrants total.

t1418092292z1.png

Wanted to give away a AK but the one I got off csgl had a dumb name. Might do it anyway but you'd have to get a nametag :<

Omega

Banned
It's not a horrible smoke, but it isn't the ideal one either. It slows down Ts. Helps you funnel them to checkers. It gives you the advantage if they run through it. It can keep the Ts guessing whether a CT is in checkers or not. The better one is to of course block off the Toxic area and not the entrance to the site, but it's much better than no smoke.

Well yeah it's better than no smoke..but throw the good one. Watching GAF play right now and they did it a couple of rounds ago. T side sent one or two guys B and GAF over rotated leaving A site completely clear.

Luckily for them terrorist were retarded and they didn't capitalize, but still, that smoke is terrible.

Spookie

Right time to get in to CS:GO this month on top of Dota 2 and give Valve even more money. If only they would make flash Arcanas for CS:GO as well.
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

Ludono

WHAT A FEELING DA DA

CS GAF IS BELIEVING

May we see OT3 in less than a years time :D

Also bet on 3Dmaxx who lost.... THIS IS WHY I DONT BET ON THE D TIER TEAMS ;(

Yuuichi

The CS:GO de_train stops for no man!

I should really get in to betting, any solid resources on how to start?

hmm, looking to get back into CS, been watching some of the recent tournaments and they're great fun to watch. plenty of drama to spice things up too haha

many EU players here?

Would like to reiterate from the previous thread that Redline skins are shit.

Also which machine gun is less bad?

The negev is best one, but neither of them are worth the money. The negev is more of a joke buy at the end of lopsided games.

The CS:GO de_train stops for no man!

I should really get in to betting, any solid resources on how to start?

There are a few links in the OP that should be a good starting point.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So... serious question, no trolling: Is there any way to see the console population a la BF4's third party stat services to see global population on all platforms?

Top Bottom