• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop (finally) releasing in Blu-Ray form in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
AnimeNewsNetwork
Funimation announced that Shinichiro Watanabe's classic Cowboy Bebop television anime will be released on Blu-ray and DVD in North America in December.

The 26-episode series will be released on DVD, standard Blu-ray, and in Amazon and Funimation.com premium Blu-ray/DVD editions. The two Premium Editions will each feature different packaging and premium items, but their precise details will be announced later.

Funimation describes the story:

Explore the far reaches of the galaxy in this undeniably hip series that inspired a generation – and redefined anime as an indisputable art form.
The Bebop crew is just trying to make a buck. This motely lot of intergalactic loners teams up to track down fugitives and turn them in for cold hard cash. Spike is a hero whose cool façade hides a dark and deadly past. The pilot Jet is a bruiser of a brute who can't wait to collect the next bounty. Faye Valentine is a femme fatale prone to breaking hearts and separating fools from their money. Along for the ride are the brilliant, but weird, hacker Ed and a super-genius Welsh Corgi named Ein. On their own, any one of them is likely to get lost in the sprawl of space, but together, they're they most entertaining gang of bounty hunters in the year 2071.

The anime streaming service Daisuki announced last year that it intends to stream the series before it is released on home video.

Bandai Entertainment previously held the license to the series. The series originally aired in Japan in 1998-1999.

EDIT: you can pre-order the Amazon exclusive edition now and here is what is included with that edition

Outlaw

Banned
iT9sneKR8MBom.gif

About damn time! I've come close to importing a copy from the UK but I can wait for this version. Premium edition will be mine.

Sounds like a damn good Christmas gift to ask for. Goes nicely with the Samurai Champloo blu-ray I got for Xmas a few years ago.

Assuming I can hold out until then.

Articalys

Heh, the differences between what's included with the Amazon and Funimation editions are probably going to piss off collectors.

Friggz

I hope it comes in a cool box set. My perfect sessions sits proudly on my shelf.

mfES2onUUotpxhWQ7eo5DWw.jpg

not my picture

Gartooth

I bought the complete show on DVD last year so I probably won't go for this, but still it is awesome news for those looking to get it on Bluray.

Reule

Damn, I'm buying that. I was just about to do a re-watch of the whole series too. Hopefully after Rebuild is done there will be a chance of the original Evangelion series on blu-ray too.

Guess Who

Banned
Damn, I'm buying that. I was just about to do a re-watch of the whole series too. Hopefully after Rebuild is done there will be a chance of the original Evangelion series on blu-ray too.

Pretty sure ADV is hellbent on taking the Eva rights with them to their graves.

ADV will be keeping that shit until all the stars turn cold and we turn into tang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom