• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop (finally) releasing in Blu-Ray form in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example, here's a screencap from the BD:

cbvol1screen68efo8.png

Looks like they cleaned up the brightness problems with the Bandai DVDs? Seeing more of the image in the BD as well.

if8zTf8utRSQM.png

Awesome. Will get.

I'm still waiting on some of my other favorites to show up on Blu-ray in NA. The whole Namco deal really screwed up some that seemed poised to come over. Notably Code Geass.

Finally! I just started getting really into anime last year or so and started watching all the biggest hits. So I've never actually seen this anime since I've been waiting for the Blu-Ray, despite it being one of the ones I've wanted to see the most.

So this can't come soon enough. Sounds like a nice Christmas present for me.

tuffy

What's also exciting is that they also licensed Outlaw Star and Escaflowne, which both got much improved Blu Ray releases that we're likely to see in NA also.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
What's also exciting is that they also licensed Outlaw Star and Escaflowne, which both got much improved Blu Ray releases that we're likely to see in NA also.

OMG!!!!!!! Bebop was decent but this has me really excited!!!!

V82sD7t.jpg

Oh wow, I had no idea they were putting out Ranma on bluray. I might have to pick that up at some point for nostalgia purposes.

They are quite expensive(If we are talking strictly about bluray's) but damn did Viz Pictures do such an amazing job at remastering it. I cannot praise them enough. So far season 1 and 2 are released with 3 coming in at September 16th.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Now just sell me the Bebop movie in FUCKING 5.1.

I can't even process the fact that the blu ray is 2.0.

abadguy

Banned
Will buy! Fucking love Bebop!
Same with Outlaw Star and Escaflowne! Now if they could just get Gunbuster and Diebuster for Blu ray
and dub
releases.

Timeless

Price reference, comparing with Captain America 2 Blu-Ray (released around the same time on Blu-Ray, and we know how much CA2 costs in the USA - around $25).

UK version:
$72.55 or £43.25, 2.88x CA2
CA2:
$25.16 or £15.00

Japanese version:
$185.21 or ¥18,900, 6.01x CA2
CA2:
$30.81 or ¥3,144

Not a perfect measure: Japanese people are probably willing to spend more on anime than Captain America 2, and the JP box set looks to be much fancier than the sets the UK got.

bjork

Good news, I'd been wondering when/if this would hit. Didn't they announce that this was a thing like one year ago?

Joqu

This reminds me of the fact that the movie still hasn't been released in europe on blu-ray. What's up with that. :/

Brace yourselves for the price tag.

That's what I'm worried about. Especially with 13 episode Gundam OVAs sitting in the $300USD range, not to mention the $60 episodes of Gundam UC.

Anyway, we'll see. Two digits, I'm in. Three digits... I'm probably still in. And sub or dub, you can't go wrong, I'd personally say dubs since this was from that era where dubs were actually pretty good. As in really good.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
That's what I'm worried about. Especially with 13 episode Gundam OVAs sitting in the $300USD range, not to mention the $60 episodes of Gundam UC.

Anyway, we'll see. Two digits, I'm in. Three digits... I'm probably still in. And sub or dub, you can't go wrong, I'd personally say dubs since this was from that era where dubs were actually pretty good. As in really good.

I dunno the only time I felt I was guaranteed a good dub was if Geneon/Pioneer published it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom