• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Craig Ferguson may be getting replaced as Late Late Show host

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
Its no different from NBC. Oh God, they're just like NBC. They're going to ruin it!

Those maniacs! They're going to blow it up! Ah, got dang them! Got dang them all to hell!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Craig's getting too funny for his own good and most likely losing viewers since they don't get his comedy. I haven't looked at ratings or anything, but that's my guess. This is ironic because he's joked about how you have to be a white middle aged man in order to host a late night talk show. If he does go, I know he'll get scooped up to do something else. He's already signed on to do a science show.

Beant

If they pick Chelsea Handler I will protest by continuing to never watch the show, but now even harder!

really tho i like ferg

ivysaur12

Banned
Do you have a source? Because I'll be legit shook if true.

Also, Chelsea Handler sucks. I'd take Ellen any day.

From this past Wednesday:

From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (1.4/5 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.3/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.7/4 in 18-49) topped "Late Late Show" (0.3/2).

At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.8/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.

I mean, I'm not going to post every single ratings report from every day. But from skimming them, yeah, Carson beats Craig in the key 18-49 demo.

mj1108

Ratings from March 31 - April 4th:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/04/10/late-night-tv-ratings-for-march-31-april-4-2014/253022/

WEEKLY AVERAGES
(According to in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research for the week of March 31-April 4. Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”)

Code:
ADULTS 18-49

11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m. ET
NBC “Tonight,” 1.18 rating, 5 share
CBS “Late Show,” 0.63/3
ABC “Kimmel,” 0.66/3 *

12:35-1:05 a.m. ET
ABC “Nightline,” 0.38/2

12:35-1:35 a.m. ET
NBC “Late Night,” 0.59/4 *
CBS “Late Late Show,” 0.39/2 *

1:35-2:05 a.m. ET
NBC “Last Call,” 0.34/3 *

TOTAL VIEWERS

11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m. ET
NBC “Tonight,” 3.829 million viewers
CBS “Late Show,” 3.148 million viewers
ABC “Kimmel,” 2.627 million viewers *

12:35-1:05 a.m. ET
ABC “Nightline,” 1.629 million viewers

12:35-1:35 a.m. ET
NBC “Late Night,” 1.627 million viewers *
CBS “Late Late Show,” 1.420 million viewers *

1:35-2:05 a.m. ET
NBC “Last Call,” 0.869 million viewers *

* Friday’s “Late Night,” “Last Call” and “Kimmel” were encores. “Late Late Show” was in rebroadcast from Tuesday through Friday.

Ratings from March 31 - April 4th:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/04/10/late-night-tv-ratings-for-march-31-april-4-2014/253022/

WEEKLY AVERAGES
(According to in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research for the week of March 31-April 4. Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”)

Code:
stuff

To compare, Ellen just scored a 4.8. 4 times higher than Fallon. No way she leaves to do late night.

For what it's worth, just came across this short article: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a564041/cbs-plays-down-craig-ferguson-axing-reports-were-big-fans.html#~oBbn16a4x9IMdL

CBS has played down reports that Craig Ferguson is to be replaced as host of The Late Late Show.

Ferguson has fronted the talk show since 2005, but Deadline reports that CBS is considering more changes to its late-night lineup following the announcement that Stephen Colbert will take over from the retiring David Letterman on The Late Show.

However, CBS Entertainment chairman Nina Tassler told Entertainment Weekly that the network is still "big fans of Craig".

"We had an 11.30pm issue - that was our first order of business," Tassler said.

She added: "Obviously, as much as we knew that this day would come with Dave, Craig is here and doing his show at 12.30am, and we love having him there."

It was recently reported that Chelsea Handler - who is expected to depart E! at the end of this year - was in talks to take up Ferguson's slot on CBS.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a...e-big-fans.html#~oBbn16a4x9IMdL#ixzz2ydGirgmL

Craig's getting too funny for his own good and most likely losing viewers since they don't get his comedy. I haven't looked at ratings or anything, but that's my guess. This is ironic because he's joked about how you have to be a white middle aged man in order to host a late night talk show. If he does go, I know he'll get scooped up to do something else. He's already signed on to do a science show.

Science show ? What network ?

Squire

Banned
That show still exists?! Who's watching it? Who's making it?

It's not a traditional format anymore. He goes around the country interviewing indie-types in bars and restaurants and watching bands.

It's actually a pretty chill program if you happen to be up late enough to catch it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That show still exists?! Who's watching it? Who's making it?
I once counted and the production credits for the show is about 5 people long.

There is basically no way the show isn't profitable.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's not a traditional format anymore. He goes around the country interviewing indie-types in bars and restaurants and watching bands.

It's actually a pretty chill program if you happen to be up late enough to catch it.

He doesn't even do any of the interviewing anymore. The only involvement Carson has in the show is recording the intro/outro. Everything else is done by the production staff.

Squire

Banned
He doesn't even do any of the interviewing anymore. The only involvement Carson has in the show is recording the intro/outro. Everything else is done by the production staff.

Oh yeah, they did stop that, huh? I remember for a while he actually was having the conversations with people, but yeah, now he just introduces stuff and they cut to it.

Craig Ferguson is the best late night host there is, the way he interacts with the guests is second to none. I would be pretty annoyed if he gets replaced, if he stood down on his own accord i would also be sad.

lenovox1

Oh yeah, they did stop that, huh? I remember for a while he actually was having the conversations with people, but yeah, now he just introduces stuff and they cut to it.

He had a full-time gig on the Today Show in addition to The Voice, so I guess that makes sense. They should probably just call it simply "Last Call" now.

jk7260v.jpg

CBS, you're racist!

Chandler comes off as a snob who thinks she's the hottest shit, yet her shit stinks. She likes to brag a lot about her so called Hollywood shin digs, too.

as for Craig, I remember he used to have C/D listed actors. Now he's up A/B listed actors.

I am actually a pretty big fan of Craig's late.night show when I can tune in. Him and Colbert would probably get me to totally switch, even though it would be super hard to do with still living Conan!

I'm not worried. In this business, you only get replaced if you're leading your time slot.

But yeah, Craig's the only late night guy I watch. Him getting the boot would be a tragedy that I'd never forgive CBS for.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
The only way this would be fine is if we end up getting the Ferguson Reportguson on comedy central.

Cat

I love Craig so I'd rather they not unless he wants to stop anyway. I thought him and Colbert would be a good late night combination.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
They better not. Ferguson is perfect where he is. Colbert and Ferguson would be amazing. Let Colbert's spot be taken by John Oliver. I can see him doing well there. (Well, if his HBO show gets cancelled)

I like Handler, but no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom