• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

crazy car accident driving in snow vs truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Wisconsin, and REFUSE to go traveling on the highway during conditions like these because of this very reason. Just ONE fuck up. JUST ONE and it could be lights out.

That's why I wish all highways and interstates had medians. This accident would have been alot less terrible (and less fatal, from the look of it)
It's not that bad in SE Wisconsin.

whitehawk

Banned
Oh my god.... no words

and there is a video linked in the comments... If you watch it:

WARNING! Possible worse than the OPs video. (there is blood)

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I live in Wisconsin, and REFUSE to go traveling on the highway during conditions like these because of this very reason. Just ONE fuck up. JUST ONE and it could be lights out.

That's why I wish all highways and interstates had medians. This accident would have been alot less terrible (and less fatal, from the look of it)

Wisconsin here too. I avoid driving in those kinds of conditions as much as possible too, but there have been some times in the past when I had experiences that were, how should I put it, adrenaline inducing. Driving 60pmh at night during a snow storm on icy roads is not something I want to experience again.

Jangocube

Banned
Holy shit. At least it was a quick death I guess.

And are people really saying that the SUV is terrible? It got T-Boned by a semi going full speed(didn't see it slow down at least). No consumer vehicle will live through that.

Biff

Oh my god.... no words

and there is a video linked in the comments... If you watch it:

WARNING! Possible worse than the OPs video. (there is blood)

Yeah I'd say its worse.

At least OP's video leaves something to the imagination. This one does not.

I'm not linking directly to it, but if you guys really want to see it's on Youtube.
(?v=EW_7tzU-o8s) Figure it out.

Yeah I'd say its worse.

At least OP's video leaves something to the imagination. This one does not.

I'm not linking directly to it, but if you guys really want to see it's on Youtube.
(?v=EW_7tzU-o8s) Figure it out.

Holy shit at the "red mist" and what seems like body parts.

kaskade

Both of those videos are insane. I can't even imagine that feeling. Being completely out of control and seeing a truck rocketing towards you.

pulga

Banned
I've got a worse accident caught on tape, happened back in my home country (SUPPOSEDLY, some comments debate this point) in some rural village. I've got to warn you, it's pretty fucking horrible. You WILL see flying bodies. Anyone has a problem with it, I'll take it down. I couldn't bear to watch it again, just quickly searched it for thread purposes on what not to do when driving.

I REPEAT, HORRIBLE VIDEO INCOMING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1F8PgFRx0s

FyreWulff

I've got a worse accident caught on tape, happened back in my home country (SUPPOSEDLY, some comments debate this point) in some rural village. I've got to warn you, it's pretty fucking horrible. You WILL see flying bodies. Anyone has a problem with it, I'll take it down. I couldn't bear to watch it again, just quickly searched it for thread purposes on what not to do when driving.

I got to about :32, saw the tires start to fishtail, and thought better of it for now.

Ugh, shouldn't have watched this. Giving md terrible flashbacks to when my friend and I went into the median on the interstate. In our case there was remnants of a tire in the middle of the lane that he tried to swerve and avoid but ending up clipping it instead.

We ended up a foot from oncoming traffic, facing the completely opposite way we were going. :D

hteng

Banned
maybe if the SUV accelerated he would be able to avoid a direct hit. but hell, that impact was spot on, right into the driver seat... and through it... :/

oatmeal

Banned

Hollllly shit.

That guys head!

GloveSlap

That one is pretty crazy just because of how many people were involved, but there is no way it is worse than the OP. There is a good chance that every single person in your video survived.

Edit- On second look, a couple are pretty hopeless.

pulga

Banned
That one is pretty crazy just because of how many people were involved, but there is no way it is worse than the OP. There is a good chance that every single person in your video survived.

Edit- On second look, a couple are pretty hopeless.

I dunno, I can watch the OP multiple times and hardly flinch but this one I just can't muster the resolve. All those bodies flying through the air really get me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom