• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Critical Role: Voice Actors Playing D&D

I'm going to try to coffee my way through this. Should still be able to get 2 hours of sleep or something before I need to head out in the morning. This is a great plan.

Famassu

Who does Vecna have within his ribcage? The name didn't ring a bell.

Also, lulz, Ashley holding true to her shitty initiatives. xD

What in fucking fuck, 130+ damage? D:
Matt going for that one-shot-TPK.

Matt Mercer is not fucking around. This is seriously an epic final boss battle.

EDIT: Where the hell did he find the time to build all this shit?

Famassu

Valora, the twins half sister
Ah, ok, that's why I didn't remember it. Not like she has been featured all that much in the scenario.

Matt Mercer is not fucking around. This is seriously an epic final boss battle.

EDIT: Where the hell did he find the time to build all this shit?
I think he muttered something about "community help" as well as other people helping with everything.

EDIT:
Oh well, at least Grog will stay alive in whatever endless maze dimension he is in. At least until he starves to death...

One will heroically save two while sacrificing himself. :p

EDIT: Lol @ Matt when he fails

EDIT2: Dear lawd, a second one. TPK! TPK! TPK!

If you don't mind, a quick recap of the fight to this point I just got here and I didn't wanna wait till rebroadcast. spoiler tag of course :D

Arrrammis

If you don't mind, a quick recap of the fight to this point I just got here and I didn't wanna wait till rebroadcast. spoiler tag of course :D

Major events:
Vecna broke the tower apart into sections
Grog got plane shifted out, came back when Vecna lost concentration
Vecna used 4 legendary resistances so far
Scanlon 2 got dispelled
J'man Sa'ord (dragon) joined the fight (I didn't spell that right probably)
Scanlon got downed, back at 1 hp from death ward
Keyleth turned into a planataur (angel)
Vecna used 2 9th level spells so far
tons of damage thrown around
Everyone's HP+stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tNwvQ86U2c81w/htmlview?sle=true#gid=761150514
(updated occasionally)

Bonus: Sam's mug tonight https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousCooperativeZebraEagleEye

Major events:
Vecna broke the tower apart into sections
Grog got plane shifted out, came back when Vecna lost concentration
Vecna used 4 legendary resistances so far
Scanlon 2 got dispelled
J'man Sa'ord (dragon) joined the fight (I didn't spell that right probably)
Scanlon got downed, back at 1 hp from death ward
Keyleth turned into a planataur (angel)
Vecna used 2 9th level spells so far
tons of damage thrown around
Everyone's HP+stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tNwvQ86U2c81w/htmlview?sle=true#gid=761150514
(updated occasionally)

Bonus: Sam's mug tonight https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousCooperativeZebraEagleEye

oh cool thanks for that update and link!. Is
Arkhan dead?

kk, I remember that from last episode, didn't know if we had an update or had
the death knight walk upwards, signifying arkhan's death

thanks all

Famassu

*Matt starts the fight with Meteor Swarm that deals 133 damage to quite a few characters (66 blunt & 67 fire, or the other way around), in addition to destroying many locations we've come to know in Vasselheim below
*Meteor Swarm breaks the fucking tower they are on, though pieces of the top are then held up by Vecna's magic
*Vecna sends Grog into some kind of Endless Maze realm right after the first turn and keeps him there with 4 or 5 legendary resistances, so far I think Grog has only gotten one turn against Vecna
*Matt gets super frustrated when first Scanlan prevents Feeble Mind with Counterspell that Vecna tries to do to Keyleth and then with the second one there was some cocked dice shenanigans that lead to Keyleth succeeding (the cocked dice was a nat 3 and then Keyleth makes the save with the second throw thanks to inspiration from Scanlan), Matt hadn't quite decided if he'd let Marish re-roll so there was a bit of confusion at that point
*No Mercy Percy lives up to his name and does two Crit 20s in a row (though one of them was against a skeleton and only one against Vecna)
*Scanlan #2 was Dispelled
*Scanlan #1 has mostly been falling down and hasn't done much of use except inspiring people (though, admittedly, those inspirations have been vital to surviving some shit).
*they've dealt hundreds of points of damage at this point
*Keyleth is a Planetar. Vecna would've tried to Counterspell that but he was too far high up
*Grog is back thanks to Percy's crit attack against Vecna but didn't get a second turn of attacks in before the break
*that brass dragon from before came in to help, hit Vecna something like 51 points of damage with its fire
*Vex & Vax's half sister was trapped within Vecna's ribcage from the start of the battle and fell down at some point (I think Vex caught her), not sure if she's alive
*did a second Meteor Swarm right before the break, killing Scanlan (but with Deathward he's now at 1HP)
*I think Ashley might've thrown her first (spell) crit hit ever. Or second at most. :D
*there's a noticeable hole in Vecna's armor by this point, they need to start using those things Grog blacksmithed
I think that's about it as far as the important events go.

*Matt starts the fight with Meteor Swarm that deals 133 damage to quite a few characters (66 blunt & 67 fire, or the other way around), in addition to destroying many locations we've come to know in Vasselheim below
*Meteor Swarm breaks the fucking tower they are on, though pieces of the top are then held up by Vecna's magic
*Vecna sends Grog into some kind of Endless Maze realm right after the first turn and keeps him there with 4 or 5 legendary resistances, so far I think Grog has only gotten one turn against Vecna
*Matt gets super frustrated when first Scanlan prevents Feeble Mind with Counterspell that Vecna tries to do to Keyleth and then with the second one there was some cocked dice shenanigans that lead to Keyleth succeeding (the cocked dice was a nat 3 and then Keyleth makes the save with the second throw thanks to inspiration from Scanlan), Matt hadn't quite decided if he'd let Marish re-roll so there was a bit of confusion at that point
*No Mercy Percy lives up to his name and does two Crit 20s in a row (though one of them was against a skeleton and only one against Vecna)
*Scanlan #2 was Dispelled
*Scanlan #1 has mostly been falling down and hasn't done much of use except inspiring people (though, admittedly, those inspirations have been vital to surviving some shit).
*they've dealt hundreds of points of damage at this point
*Keyleth is a Planetar. Vecna would've tried to Counterspell that but he was too far high up
*Grog is back thanks to Percy's crit attack against Vecna but didn't get a second turn of attacks in before the break
*that brass dragon from before came in to help, hit Vecna something like 51 points of damage with its fire
*Vex & Vax's half sister was trapped within Vecna's ribcage from the start of the battle and fell down at some point (I think Vex caught her), not sure if she's alive
*did a second Meteor Swarm right before the break, killing Scanlan (but with Deathward he's now at 1HP)
*I think Ashley might've thrown her first (spell) crit hit ever. Or second at most. :D
*there's a noticeable hole in Vecna's armor by this point, they need to start using those things Grog blacksmithed
I think that's about it as far as the important events go.

ahh even more detail, thanks!

Famassu

Zara and Kass! Wooooo!

Wait why are we using tags?!
This is showing in such a shitty time to so many people (in and out of US) that I don't want to spoil too much if some people can't watch live and can only watch this within the next 12-24 hours, but happen to peep in the thread.

Everyone is back to full. Matt is sweating. DM mind reading here: he's deciding to juke some stats to make the fight more interesting since he's been pretty kind to them this fight

Famassu

Everyone is back to full. Matt is sweating. DM mind reading here: he's deciding to juke some stats to make the fight more interesting since he's been pretty kind to them this fight
Wouldn't say he's been nice
two meteor swarms, dispell of scanlan 2, two attempts at Feeble Mind, Greg's plane-hopping, killing scanlan, that magic cage thing around the dragon, Hold Monster at the guests etc.
, his plans have just been mostly foiled with some bad luck for his own saves/spell throws and some good luck from the PCs side with save/spell throws.

Top Bottom