• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CronusMAX now officially supports PS4 (Use Xbox Elite controller on PS4)

shanafan

The wait is finally over. Presenting the new CronusMAX PLUS Firmware v1.20 with full PS4 Cross Over Controller Support!! Many said that it couldn't be done, yet we have made the impossible possible by engineering a state of the art USB gateway that enables the CronusMAX PLUS to communicate with the PS4 controllers security authentication via a simple USB hub, allowing it to stay connected full time without the disconnects or resets that have plagued the device for the last 2 years. This also cures the "kick back to menu" issue if you were a second player in a fighting games such as Mortal Kombat X or Street Fighter 5 - at last, making the CronusMAX PLUS 100% Pro Tournament Ready! We also added USB Hub support for Xbox One & Xbox 360 consoles so it made controller authorization easier than ever before.

http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151231

Xbox_One_Elite_CM.png

Note from me - I love the CronusMAX. I have been using it with the Elite controller and Black Ops 3 since Friday, and it is pretty awesome. There was the minor hiccup when you would need to reestablish the PS4 authentication with a button combo during gameplay, but it appears that CronusMAX have fixed this. I really do recommend this USB dongle to use an Elite controller on PS4, for example. Never encountered any troublesome latency, and the setup is pretty easy.

Kyoufu

Okay, but what about the touchpad? It's required in games like Destiny. How do we use that function on the Elite pad?

What are the chances Sony just updates the PS4 to disable this?

If they want to keep MS peripherals devices off of their system, then pretty high...but I don't think they will though you never know.

I would probably give this some time before I jumped on it just to see.

shanafan

If they want to keep MS peripherals devices off of their system, then pretty high...but I don't think they will though you never know.

I would probably give this some time before I jumped on it just to see.

I was using a 360 controller on the PS3 with this as well. I think the firmware can always be updated, scripts generated, etc to go around any security precaution.

But, I don't think Sony cares. People are still playing on their consoles, right? ;)

charpunk

This is amazing! I've been using the script to enable elite support, but this will be a way better option now. Just in time for fallout too!

What are the chances Sony just updates the PS4 to disable this?

Very low, but if you're worried about it, spend more and get a XIM. It's the only device I know of that is a pure pass through of a native controller. The PS4/XBone can't tell the difference. Pretty neat.

Justified

I guess games the uses "swipe" motions on the touch pad will not support this.

Also do the Hair triggers work on the PS4

C-Sword

So does it have the 8 minute timeout after the recent firmware update (3.11)? Cause the Brook adapters didn't have that issue until today.

What do they mean by support for the elite controller? Is it just the basic functionality? Do the paddles work? Can you fully customize the button configurations?

Just purchased one of these last week, and I gotta say, using a Xbox controller on a PS4 is a surreal experience. Best of all, it just works. Glad they figured out the authentication problem, though.

shanafan

What do they mean by support for the elite controller? Is it just the basic functionality? Do the paddles work?

YES. I have been using it before this update, and paddles work great. I would update the button combo on Xbox One, and then just connect the elite controller to my PS4.

The only prior downside was that I had to press Back and A every like 5-7 minutes when the controller would vibrate for the authentication.

Very low, but if you're worried about it, spend more and get a XIM. It's the only device I know of that is a pure pass through of a native controller. The PS4/XBone can't tell the difference. Pretty neat.

Isn't XIM meant for mouse and keyboard use only? You must have a valid controller on one of the ports, so it doesn't allow you to use an Xbox controller on a PS4.

pr0cs

I'd like to use my old 360 wheel on my xbone and or my g27...will this device allow either? I hate using a controller for forza

Isn't XIM meant for mouse and keyboard use only? You must have a valid controller on one of the ports, so it doesn't allow you to use an Xbox controller on a PS4.

It excels in mouse and keyboard, but offers support for different/opposite controllers/flightsticks. You still have to have a PS4/Xbone controller plugged in to the proper port but you plug in your xbone/PS4 controller into either the mouse or keyboard slots. It reads it as a "joystick"

Cleve

Sweet, I've been using my elite pretty heavily on ps4 the past few days. Anything to make it easier is cool with me.

I was using a 360 controller on the PS3 with this as well. I think the firmware can always be updated, scripts generated, etc to go around any security precaution.

But, I don't think Sony cares. People are still playing on their consoles, right? ;)

True. Didn't look at that way nor did I know this was going on since the PS3 days. Well everyone wins. Maybe I'll do this.

Nice! I've been looking for a good adapter to use on my PS4. If I'm using my Xbox One controller on the PS4, is rumble enabled?

Ihyll

So I can use an Xbox elite controller to game on my PS4? Did I read this correctly?

No lag issues or anything like that?

shanafan

So I can use an Xbox elite controller to game on my PS4? Did I read this correctly?

No lag issues or anything like that?

Correct! It worked fine before the update, but this new update fixes the authentication issue with PS4.

bronk

Banned
Can i use this with my ps4 controller on xbone? Is it just plug and play because if its that simple im buying it tomorrow. I hate the xbone controller so much.

shanafan

Can i use this with my ps4 controller on xbone? Is it just plug and play because if its that simple im buying it tomorrow. I hate the xbone controller so much.

Yeah, it works both ways. You can even use a Wii U Pro controller on PS4 or Xbox One.

Falchion

This is amazing and I'll get one whenever the next PS4 exclusive shooter comes out that I want to play but damn, they are expensive.

thenameDS

This might be a game changer for me, if I can use the Xbox one pad on the PS4 I will happily play all the shooters on it. It will also tempt me to buy a elite controller.

Need to find somewhere to buy this in the UK.

I wonder if the Titan One can be updated to support this. I already have a PS4 stick for this reason, but it'd be nice to use my Atrox instead.

shanafan

Tried an original Cronus and it didn't work at all, so I'm hesitant to even spend money on this

Well, consider it came out when the new consoles were released. The model has been upgraded since that post from Jan 2014, and it has come a long way.

Valanarro

I bought one of these converters earlier this year. Outside of how much of a hassle it is to get them to work as intended, I haven't had much of an issue with input lag or usb ports getting fried like people have claimed. Could also be an isolated incident though

Cleve

Errr, what aboot input lag?

about 1ms allegedly. I don't notice it at all in fighters or fps games. I originally bought it to use my ps3 stick for KI. works like a champ

I have the 2014 edition can I just do a simple firmware update to get this feature?

yeah

-edit- I guess some older models don't support it, but they aren't very specific. if you can update it to 1.2 it will work, if it only updates to 1.1, nope :(

Top Bottom