• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CronusMAX now officially supports PS4 (Use Xbox Elite controller on PS4)

nOoblet16

If you don't want to do the button combination on the controller every 5-7 minutes for authentication purposes.

Having a PS4 controller hooked up the same USB hub as the Xbox One controller allows you not to worry about the authentication anymore.

So wait, unless I do all of that.
I can't really use my elite controller's paddles despite the fact that the dongle can now auto authenticate with the new update ?

shanafan

So wait, unless I do all of that.
I can't really use my elite controller's paddles despite the fact that the dongle can now auto authenticate with the new update ?

Sorry, not sure I understand.

The update allows the authentication to remain throughout playing, and the paddles on the Elite controller still work totally fine.

got one from best buy today. i'm up and running using my elite on ps4 cod blops3. however, i realized that the options button on controller is mapped to share button. how do i remap the options button to touchpad (so i can see my score)?

So I tried to use my Sony gold at same time...doesn't seem to work. Also tried plugging directly into elite controller and no go. Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work?

Nvm had to change output to all audio on headset.

Bgamer90

Banned
Definitely getting this to use my current fight stick with Street Fighter V.

I GREATLY prefer the Xbox Elite controller in comparison to the PS4 controller but I'll still more than likely stick to using the Xbox One for most games outside of PS4 (console) exclusives unless a single player multiplat is just absolutely terrible on the Xbox One in comparison to the PS4.

I love my Cronus. Just got gone using my elite controller on my PS4.

I mainly use it for fight sticks, but this thing has never let me down.

RS4-

Ordered the elite controller a few days ago. Might have to buy a Cronus again since I sold mine a few months ago.

Darknight

Play Asia are still selling the Street Fighter X Tekken TE Fightstick Pro with a CronusMax + and some Street Fighter 2 gatcha toys packed with it for free, if you're willing to wait a couple weeks - http://www.play-asia.com/street-fighter-x-tekken-arcade-fightstick-pro-tournament-edition/13/704krj. That's how I got mine, and this news makes me very happy. Roll on the next SFV beta phase!

Ok GAF I need advice.

I got an Elite control and want to use it with my PS4. So I need a CronusMAX.

Questions:
a) Is this fight stick a good one?
b) Is the included Cronus device the latest version?
c) how often do they release these cronus devices? (I dont want to buy this and then few months there is a new better one for same price - I hope they can just push an update
d) Is this bundle worth it??? I can wait a few weeks for it. (as long as shipping isnt a lot for NY)
e) can this fight stick be used on PC for arcade emulators?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
BROOK_XB360XB1_P4__68439.1448805412.1280.1280.jpg

Just got this for Xmas. Can use my 360 Madcatz on my PS4. Works perfect so far. I'm no input lag expert but it seemed great in that regard, just messing with USF4.

Found out a while ago my old one doesn't count for the Pro upgrade because it was bought before the new company took over and I missed the grace period that I had no reason to look out for (didn't even know someone else took over). Not on the new company but I'm still a bit annoyed.

BroBot

So I picked up the CronusMax Plus from GameStop last week.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/cronusmax-plus/126013

Man the Xbox One controller feels so nice. Currently playing Dragon Age Inquisition on my PS4. As long as I keep my PS4 controller plugged into the PS4 via usb hub, the X1 controller never shuts off from controller authentication. Vibration works and there's no noticeable input lag. Definitely worth the money.

shanafan

Man the Xbox One controller feels so nice. Currently playing Dragon Age Inquisition on my PS4. As long as I keep my PS4 controller plugged into the PS4 via usb hub, the X1 controller never shuts off from controller authentication. Vibration works and there's no noticeable input lag. Definitely worth the money.

Yep!! Try the Elite controller as your next mission :)

shanafan

The Dualshock 4 is the greatest controller, why would you want to use something else in its place?

I do like the DS4 quite a bit. It feels more comfortable than the DS3, and it has a nice weight to it. However, an issue that I have with it when playing FPS is slipping the run button when I try to aim. It happens mostly with Destiny, so it may be an issue with the game - who knows. I sometimes even have the issue when I try to aim after running, and I go for a melee attack, which usually results in an instant death.

With the Elite, assigning a paddle to run makes it very convenient to run, and then stop and aim.

In regards to the DS4, let's not ignore the battery life issues.

So, using the Elite on the PS4 is a godsend.

How are these? Do they work with xbox one elite?
They work wonderfully and Brook is very fast with firmware updates to fix Sony firmware killing the authentication. I use mine specifically (and exclusively) to use my Elite on PS4. The fact you don't need a rat's nest of cables and hubs to make it work like the Cronus is important, IMO.

The Dualshock 4 is the greatest controller, why would you want to use something else in its place?

I prefer the DS4, yes, but the Elite is a fantastic controller and useful as hell for playing games like Destiny. I'm still strongly considering modding a DS4 with programmable buttons on the handles (the kits to do this are cheap enough) but this is a great solution, anyway.

Serohiro

Neo Member
What's the point of this? I thought both Microsoft and Sony had stated that they would be supporting mouse and keyboard later on.

BROOK_XB360XB1_P4__68439.1448805412.1280.1280.jpg

Just got this for Xmas. Can use my 360 Madcatz on my PS4. Works perfect so far. I'm no input lag expert but it seemed great in that regard, just messing with USF4.
So how has your experience been with this since Christmas? I've heard stories of the Cronus frying usb ports and maybe not working so well with the PS4 so if this Brook device is actually good I'd like to give it a try.

SpecX

Any sales data round this? I want to be hopeful that if Sony saw the demand for these they would see there's a big enough demand to put effort into their own "Elite" controller.

Karish

They work wonderfully and Brook is very fast with firmware updates to fix Sony firmware killing the authentication. I use mine specifically (and exclusively) to use my Elite on PS4. The fact you don't need a rat's nest of cables and hubs to make it work like the Cronus is important, IMO.

I prefer the DS4, yes, but the Elite is a fantastic controller and useful as hell for playing games like Destiny. I'm still strongly considering modding a DS4 with programmable buttons on the handles (the kits to do this are cheap enough) but this is a great solution, anyway.

Purchased from Focus Attack just now for $38 shipped.

My CronusMax from 2014 still works perfectly for going:

PS4 --> XOne
PS4 --> PS3
PS3 --> XOne
X360 --> XOne
X360 --> PS3

I never tried XOne to PS4 but I really bought it to keep using my TE sticks for KI on my XOne and it worked perfectly. I might pick up another in the future.

I need to do this at some point.

Otherwise though, this thing works as advertised. Mainly bought to use my arcade sticks with my new consoles, and it works perfectly. Saves me a LOT of money not having to buy more sticks.

a buddy just soldered another PCB into my old stick with a toggle :D 360/PS3/PC/PS4 all work with one stick.

stick2.jpg

Drewfonse

I may just pick one of these up. Was it easy to set up? I don't have a computer at home, only a tablet.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Will this allow 360 controllers on XB1? Would be nice to have my fightstick and ION drums work on XB1.

The new hardware manufacturer for the RB series is coming out with an adaptor that will work with IONs on Xbone around the time the expansion pack hits.

Karish

I just got my Brook Accessory and I'm blown away. Setup is so simple. Elite working on PS4 no problems. It's wired and audio jack doesn't work but both to be expected

I just got my Brook Accessory and I'm blown away. Setup is so simple. Elite working on PS4 no problems. It's wired and audio jack doesn't work but both to be expected
I also just took a chance on the Brook converter and can confirm that it works well. After updating the firmware to get around the PS4 8-minute controller timeout, I played through the entirety of the Nioh alpha with a 360 controller. Easy to use, minimal lag, and the converter I got works with both 360 controllers and X1 controllers. Also, the Xbox guide button functions as the PS4 Home button (which my X360->PS3 doesn't do), so that's also good. All in all, great product, and would recommend to anyone looking to use a non-Dualshock 4 on their PS4.

Shaneus

I still can't believe they don't have wheels with proper force feedback working on PS4 yet. That GIMX software is open-source, it shouldn't be that hard to have Brook make something that lets us use our older wheels on PS4.

Top Bottom