• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross game voice chat rumored for Ps3 PSN+

jett

D-Member
That's a dumb feature list to be honest, but what worries me are delayed/exclusive content and demos for non-paying PSN users. Sigh.

MMaRsu

Banned
androvsky said:
Why is that the only sentence in English on the entire page?

Probably because it was copied from an english sony site/pr/document and pasted on there without any translation?

Strike

dontcare03.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
This is not mentioned on the uk site. Only on other countries ones, in english (despite the rest of the text being written in another language).

Sounds like they pulled it out at the last minute, perhaps for offering it later or for free.

Beardz

The funny thing is...

Right now playing online is free, and will remain free...

BUT

Everybody bitch because you have to pay to initiate cross game voice chat, why?!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
MMaRsu said:
Well then.. but at least on 360 you have cross game private chat for free right?

We don't really know how many people you can invite to PS3 cross game chat tho.

And we need an thread title mod-fix

Parapraxis

I suspect it is error, it'll be in a FW update for ALL users.
There was a LOT of negative feedback about x-game chat being a premium-only feature all over the internet.

Prine

Banned
davepoobond said:
L2read. PSN+ is a premium service on top of whatever is existing. They took nothing away, its only MORE stuff.

I just got on, having to sift through Nintendo and Sony conferences right now.

MMaRsu

Banned
NinjaFusion said:

ITS A MISTAKE

http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/

http://nl.playstation.com/playstationplus/

seems like it got pulled last minute and someone at SCEE didn't check their copy properly...

EDIT.... image before they take it down

Well you can say that, but who knows they didn't just delay it?

They could make it free. But they could also not.

Who knows really?

surly said:
Why wasn't it pasted into the English versions of the websites though? There's no mention of cross-game chat on the UK version of the site: -

http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/

Who knows? I'm just the messenger ^^

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Sony. If my experience with the vanilla PSN was anything more than putrid, I'd consider shelling out $50/year for your premium service.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Beardz said:
Everybody bitch about cross game chat... but nobody says something about this:

Dear GAF, never change.

Problem is you don't choose what to get. Sony does. Might very well be crap/old stuff.

MMaRsu

Banned
Beardz said:

Dear GAF, never change.

You pay 50 bucks a month for 4 games you might already have and will LOSE upon canceling your subscription. There has been plenty talk about it in the PSN+ thread.

You dont get to keep those games if you cancel your sub.

Mudkips

Banned
Beardz said:

Get your hands on at least four games a month at no extra charge.

Dear GAF, never change.

There are at least four games a month that I wouldn't bother to get if they were free. Automatic download or not.

Beardz

MMaRsu said:
You pay 50 bucks a month for 4 games you might already have and will LOSE upon canceling your subscription. There has been plenty talk about it in the PSN+ thread.

50 a year...

Alex

This service just seems silly to me.

And those games aren't impressive, PSN is not some treasure trove of DLC as is, and I'm sure they'll shove largely old/dying games your way. But the least impressive is that if you drop PSN+ you lose everything.

I dunno, I guess there's a use for some folks, but I'm not interested in this. I feel like they could have done better content wise and should have just saved core additions for free updates.

Cruzader

Banned
UnblessedSoul said:
Fail, how about improving PSN without making us pay for features it should already have
Sound what MS does for online play on 360...it should be free to begin with. The feature(X-chat) is not even that big of a deal compared to online play so I dont care its PSN only.

Sony probably saw the huge criticism about paying for this option, this feature is obviously ready to go, they just don't know how and when to release it

Are they still planning to add cloud storage for saves to the service in the future? That'd make the price worth it for me.

I think cross game chat should be free, but cloud storage plus betas and stuff would be cool.

soco

i still don't see why they didn't just copy MS here.

5 years we've had cross game chat for free on the 360, i don't see why it's a premium feature here unless it's maybe massive group chat.

MMaRsu

Banned
The Omega Man said:
Sony probably saw the huge criticism about paying for this option, this feature is obviously ready to go, they just don't know how and when to release it

They couldn't have acted so fast. This feature JUST came up on the website about 30 minutes ago or something..

Top Bottom