• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrossCode - 2D Action-RPG for Browsers, PC (now on IndieGoGo; Wii U stretch goal)

I'm seriously shocked that this hasn't reached its goal yet?

FYI, there's another dev stream today:

You know what we didn't have for quite some time already?
A dev stream!

So, how about we have one today?

20150406032016-lea-stream.jpg

Time: Today, 20:00 (CEST), 11am (PST)
Place: http://www.twitch.tv/radicalfishgames
Today we plan to improve the destructibles! You'll also be able to see stuff like the new destructible plants and all. Also the usual chatting and ask-us-anything.

Dr. Buni

It would be reached its goal if it was on kickstarter, but sadly that wasn't an option. I really hope it reaches its goal soon, this game needs to happen.

Wonko_C

It has been so long since a game's setting has instantly captured my imagination. After playing the demo it's all I have been thinking about all day. Can't wait to see where they'll go with the "This world is a game, but it's real, but it's a game" thing.

TheMoon

I recently discovered this and have gotten extremely excited about it. This is in part due to the simultaneous discovery that indiegogo now supports fixed-goal campaigns, making it essentially like kickstarter in that you get your money back if the campaign does not reach its goal so you're not pumping your cash into something (as) blindly (as you would otherwise).

Now get hype and fund this baby!

I recently discovered this and have gotten extremely excited about it. This is in part due to the simultaneous discovery that indiegogo now supports fixed-goal campaigns, making it essentially like kickstarter in that you get your money back if the campaign does not reach its goal so you're not pumping your cash into something (as) blindly (as you would otherwise).

Now get hype and fund this baby!

Didn't Indiegogo always support fixed-goal campaigns?
I'm pretty sure the campaigns for the AVGN movie, Skullgirls and Yatagarasu were fixed goal campaigns, and the first campaign in that list was held in 2013 or so?

Anyway, the developers are having an AMA on reddit today (April 10th) at 10pm CET on the regular /r/IAMA subreddit.
Ask them anything. Literally anything. Like what color are the pants they're wearing.
Or if they cry themselves to sleep at night.
Or maybe something about CrossCode.

TheMoon

Didn't Indiegogo always support fixed-goal campaigns?
I'm pretty sure the campaigns for the AVGN movie, Skullgirls and Yatagarasu were fixed goal campaigns, and the first campaign in that list was held in 2013 or so?

I don't know. Everything I've ever seen on indiegogo was "give us money but if we don't reach the goal, tough luck" which is why that site was always an instant "nope" for me until I stumbled over CrossCode.

Nordicus

Looks great. The more scifi/industrial looking screens really give me Scurge: Hive flashbacks. I really liked that game

Hopefully they can get to 70,000 at the very least:
20150420165240-lea-sprint.jpg

Less than a week until Indiegogo is over - and this is the final deadline!

Yes, the goal still seems far away - but anything can change during the last days. And you know what? If we reach 70,000€ by the end of this week we might just be able to make it work~

But of course for that we need to get the word out - more than ever!
So please tell everyone about CrossCode and remind them that this week is the last chance to donate!

Also remember that there is no big risk here:

We either reach our goal, push CrossCode’s development and make sure you all get your perks - or you'll just get your money back!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/crosscode

Sölf

So if you guys don't reach the goal then the game won't get made or will it just get delayed by a year or two?

They will continue to work on the game, but instead of doing that full time they need to find "normal" work and continue to do so in their freetime. So they can't promise a release date. Could be in 2016 or 2017 or even later.

Dr. Buni

Man, I really wish them the best. The ~20 minutes I played from the CrossCode were great and I'd love to play the full game.

CrossCode is nearing the end of its campaign. I think it gained 13% in the past one and a half day, so if the growth keeps up, it should barely make it.

M3d10n

I hope they don't plan on selling the actual browser version. It will be up in shady web game portals the next day it's released. Securing Javascript code is very hard.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I hope this will work out :(
Seriously. Game looks amazing and there's a great playable demo, boggles my mind that this is barely getting by and other projects I won't name that barely have concept art get insta-funded because they namedrop a big name or two.

(Yes, I'm salty.)

Seriously. Game looks amazing and there's a great playable demo, boggles my mind that this is barely getting by and other projects I won't name that barely have concept art get insta-funded because they namedrop a big name or two.

(Yes, I'm salty.)
If this was on Kickstarter it would have been funded already. No doubt about that. IndieGoGo only gets a fraction of the exposure that Kickstarter does.

The last 24 hours are starting now!

Only 2.5k€ to go!

I'm actually super excited!

I'm pretty confident they're reaching their minimum goal, but I really really hope they'll somehow break the 100k line also, so we can get that sweet Wii U version, just so I can double dip!

Well, they got over 70k at least =D

So the game is being made, right?

That's good news. I shared a around a bit, but I'm not very influential, so I don't know how much I helped =P

Either way, they should have really gone with Kickstarter, but hey, at least they got the money.

Sorry for the double post but they just reached over 80k€, so this game's being made, yeah!

Now let's see if they can raise another 20k in the last 20 hours for the Wii U version :D

Dinda

Yay! I'm so glad for these guys. The Demo is fantastic and would have been backed in no time if they could have used Kickstarter.
That they now have been able to fund it on Indiegogo speaks even more for the quality of the title. Great stuff, looking forward to the final Game.

TheMoon

Yay! I'm so glad for these guys. The Demo is fantastic and would have been backed in no time if they could have used Kickstarter.
That they now have been able to fund it on Indiegogo speaks even more for the quality of the title. Great stuff, looking forward to the final Game.

What's stopping you from using indiegogo?

TheMoon

Me? Nothing, i backed it. But Indiegogo is no Kickstarter. At least a the moment it is just harder to get funded on there since it still isn't as well established as Kickstarter.

Oh, I misread/misunderstood your post, I guess.

TheMoon

The fact that this is EU based makes me worried that not much will be happening over night since it ends in 12h and it's 10pm now. And we're so close to the Wii U stretch goal! But the pace has slowed since the funding goal was reached. Getting 15k together until tomorrow morning seems tough.

Welp, 8 hours left at the time of this writing. I'd estimate its rate to be at about 1k per hour, possibly higher. Assuming these last moments see increased growth rates it's possible it may just reach the Wii U version in the nick of time!

I'd personally prefer to play it on Wii U as well. Any ideas where else we can spread the news?

Wow, the campaign ended at exactly 90.026 €!
So we at least got to the New Game+ stretch goal!

I'd like to spill the beans here about NG+ since I talked with Stefan from Radical Fish Games yesterday evening, asking him a few other questions too (most of which I can't talk about publicly, sorry).

So New Game+ is going to be basically a bit Dark Souls-esque where you bring your level and stuff into a new game but enemies are stronger in return for more experience and better loot which brings of course a whole new kind of challenge to the game.

Also the Wii U version is not lost, yet!

There will be a slacker backer option, which means you can still donate money. They will probably show how much money has been donated on their website (this is just a guess, though), so you can check back and see if you can expect the Wii U version or not, in addition to the rest of the stretch goals, of course.

There will definitely be more info from the devs themselves in the near future, explaining it better and definitely more accurate than I did just now. Take everything I said with just a little grain of salt, things may change unexpectedly.

EDIT: Sölf, hör auf zu posten, wenn ich posten will, Jeez! >:eek:

SigSig

I don't expect them to make another 10k for that Wii U version, but I didn't expect them to hit their goal in the first place, so theres that.
I'd really love to play this on my Wii U :/

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Last night I came back home from a long day out of town and saw an email notification saying the game's goal had been reached. Phew! Today I see it ended at 90k. Sweet!

Awesome news, congrats to Radical Fish. :)

Chariot

After Soelf sold his family into slavery to fund the game he has earned the right of disruption, I say :p

Good to see that Crosscode made it o

Top Bottom