• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrowbCat - 5 Years + $40M = ME Andromeda

J 0 E

I've been waiting for this more than the game itself

https://youtu.be/7KWkao73HuU

If you EVER thought of purchasing Andromeda... DON'T WATCH THIS!!!

This is catastrophic in a lot of regards specially the writing + motion

Issues like the poor writing can't be fixed by a patch ... it's an embarrassment

I laughed very hard at 11:40

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ok I gotta ask, where did people get the $40 million budget number from?

tumblr_n0wj61hiNg1slik4to1_400.gif

Griss

I knew he'd start with Bioware's awful dev-narrated marketing. 'How far will we go?' Hate that kind of pretentious shit. Rope for them to hang themselves with, in the end.

A few minutes in and to be honest there's not much new for Crowbcat to pick over here, because everyone got there first. Good lord, whatever about the faces, the cutscene direction and voice acting is atrocious, though.

Griss

Wow, the airlock scene really demonstrates everything that appears to be wrong with the storytelling. Lack of a genuine human reaction to events, substituted with 'funny' banter, thereby completely robbing the scene of any dramatic tension or believability.

The video this man was born to make.

Do we know who crowbcat is? I wonder if they want to stay anonymous to avoid any trouble with publishers.

I'm sure people would have noticed things like bad textures and weird faces and the bugs but that the some of that dialogue and VO work in some parts is just goddamned terrible really exacerbates that.

dzelly

I haven't played the game, so all I have to go on are impressions/footage

I just can't believe how terrible everything seems to be. The animation jank is one thing, but the bugs seem to be terrible. I've heard the writing was not great as well.

It'll be interesting if we ever get the full picture as to what happened during production.

haikira

Could maybe do with a spoiler warning. Yeesh...

EDIT: Tend to find that when a game isn't beloved, people take a lot less care with spoilers, but you should still think of people who're enjoying it.

The game is only just out for goodness sake.

I feel like we have been hearing stories out of anonymous EA developers that frostbite was giving them trouble for years.

I wonder if all that talk came from this team because outside of the BF4 bruhaha frostbite has been solid as a rock then along comes this train wreck.

Havent seen texture streaming that bad since early UE3

Top Bottom