• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrowbCat - 5 Years + $40M = ME Andromeda

What it looks like to me, is that a lot of the glitches in this game came about by improperly adding features to the engine.
Let me explain: in these big projects, you would usually have one or more people who work on the engine itself to support development and instruct people on has to do stuff with it. Here, something has to have gone wrong in that department. We know for a fact that frostbite is not a bad engine.

The post mortem will be one for the gaming history books, I'm sure.

A-V-B

What it looks like to me, is that a lot of the glitches in this game came about by improperly adding features to the engine.
Let me explain: in these big projects, you would usually have one or more people who work on the engine itself to support development and instruct people on has to do stuff with it. Here, something has to have gone wrong in that department. We know for a fact that frostbite is not a bad engine.

The post mortem will be one for the gaming history books, I'm sure.

Having a post mortem on this game might actually be very educational, especially if it's a real book like Masters of Doom. Except Masters of Doom was about one of the most awesome periods for a group of devs ever.

This made me so upset. I honestly have no idea why he'd say 'literally'! It's not even the usual misuse of the word, it's a whole new level of not using words correctly.

My only guess is that that was said because she also literally had to stand back up again.

But even then, it still sounds dumb.

And people in the OT are trying to be dismissive of complaints about how buggy it is lol
Judging by the posts in the OT it actually seems like they treat all the bugs and glitches as hyperbole and that some of them never experienced the majority of them.

HariKari

Judging by the posts in the OT it actually seems like they treat all the bugs and glitches as hyperbole and that some of them never experienced the majority of them.

I've experienced some in the video. The smooth criminal walk has happened to me at least half a dozen times without trying. Some sort of collision issue. You also get to a planet later in the game where walking up stairs becomes a problem.

I think fans of ME are trying to find the good in the game. There's a bit there, like some fun missions and characters. But the overall package is very lacking, and the lack of technical polish is just the tip of the iceberg.

I really would not recommend this game in its current state to anyone that cares about the franchise. Just wait on this one. Get some patches, some DLC, and buy it for half as much... you'll probably end up loving it.

Right now, it's a mess.

TI82

Banned
I've experienced some in the video. The smooth criminal walk has happened to me at least half a dozen times without trying. Some sort of collision issue. You also get to a planet later in the game where walking up stairs becomes a problem.

I think fans of ME are trying to find the good in the game. There's a bit there, like some fun missions and characters. But the overall package is very lacking, and the lack of technical polish is just the tip of the iceberg.

I really would not recommend this game in its current state to anyone that cares about the franchise. Just wait on this one. Get some patches, some DLC, and buy it for half as much... you'll probably end up loving it.

Right now, it's a mess.

It really seems like people trying to overlook obvious issues to justify their purchase/fandom. I'm a pretty huge Mass effect fan and I'm just so done after the trial :/

Nev

Banned
The dialogues seem to be written by some annoying tumblr meme/gif/shipping regurgitators. Just ugh.

I'll act like this embarrassing mess doesn't exist so I can still consider ME good.

Riptastic

Cp5IR7D.png

Right now, it's a mess.
Man this game is going through so much crap right now. Joking aside it's extremely unfortunate that this happened to a game so many were waiting for. Hope BioWare fixes....something at least!
well it was mainly easily offended white people whining about 'reverse racism' who got super mad about him
Oh! Sorry about that. I thought you were implying something else.

We talked about him for a bit earlier in the thread. I don't want to start again because it was off-topic and I shouldn't have done it but also cause I don't want a certain poster going after me again heh heh.

Madness

If you actually see the OT, you would see those defending it are the minority. Many of us openly acknowledge the issues. It isn't just one unified voice there. Plus you are always going to have more people be positive in an OT than a thread like this because people in the OT would have bought and/or are playing the game.

If you actually see the OT, you would see those defending it are the minority. Many of us openly acknowledge the issues. It isn't just one unified voice there. Plus you are always going to have more people be positive in an OT than a thread like this because people in the OT would have bought and/or are playing the game.
You're most likely right on this for sure. I just thought I saw more people doing what I mentioned in my previous post but I was also skimming so that might have been the cause for my confirmation bias.

I am sorry though! I'll check it out again!

The more I see, the more it's clear that Andromeda was really in need of two things:

1) more time in the oven free from whatever internal corporate dramas they had to deal with.
2) someone who was willing to say "no" before so much of this stuff got okayed...

...2 is especially relevant in regards to the dialogue + writing.

Right now, it's a mess.

The Kadara planet was a mess for me. I encountered bugs and glitches the more i progressed. I dont believe people saying that they havent had any bugs and glitches. Such statement is BS

Top Bottom