• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crowdfunded game "Ant Simulator" cancelled

The Kickstarter funds weren't even meant for developing the Ant Simulator game. I don't know why he needs to refund the money, when the funds were only there to support the development of a series of game development tutorials that he was going to release for free on YouTube anyway. This whole situation, and the reporting around it, is very odd.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I'm getting weird social experiment / pushing the boundaries and pitfalls of crowdfunding vibes here. Hopefully eventually the whole story comes out.

Fuchsdh

Until actual evidence comes out of court proceedings or the like I really can't trust anyone's side of the story. The business partner's story of him deciding to cut them out and not following up on a dev timetable sounds more plausible to me than the idea that they just took the money and used it on booze and women (I've seen the former happen in real life, the latter sounds like bad TV.)

Neither one has produced any real backup for their claims, and unless it goes to trial I doubt any will be produced.

TransTrender

Gold Member
So was there ever a follow up or a postmortem on this story?
I did a quick Google search and I couldn't find anything beyond the first sensational headlines and articles past a few days from when the story broke.

Top Bottom