• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crowdfunding Thread - 2016 - The future of gaming on Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and FIG

Added to Ongoing

The Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti
The Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti is narrative-driven action/adventure, music-sampling, platforming, rhythm laser-light guitar solo kind of game. Your dialogue choices shape the backstory, image, charisma and the name of Francis's new stage persona.

Legion TD 2
Legion TD 2 is an online free-to-play game and the standalone successor to Legion TD
OGk4FGt.png

Days of War (Early Access)
Days of War will deliver a fiercely competitive shooter in a visually stunning WWII environment.
it8Soot.jpg

Moira
A Game Boy Inspired Spellcrafting Action Platformer!
u03hewL.gif

Wrack: Starfall
Wrack: Starfall is a tower defense FPS with rogue-like elements
OFzNRID.gif

Mable & The Wood
An exploration game where you play a shape-shifting girl whose powers are destroying the world she is trying to save.
8GZ5MTZ.gif

A summary of the recently launched campaigns would be greatly appreciated.

Badass will do a better one but here's a quick look. (Unless mentioned PC means all 3 W/M/L)

The Wild Eight PC/PS4/Xbox One
The Wild Eight is a co-op survival game with a mysterious storyline featuring a procedurally-generated world

Racing Apex PC
Racing Apex is a fast and fun arcade style racing game that takes inspiration from some of the first 3D polygon arcade racing games from 1988 to 1992 and adds modern gameplay elements of car combat and multiplayer mayhem.

Arcadian Atlas Windows/Mac
Perfectly pixeled isometric SRPG featuring dynamic job classes, character driven plot, strategic grid battles & an eclectic jazz OST.

LUNA Windows/Mac/iOS
Luna – The Shadow Dust is an single player adventure point & click puzzle game based on an fantasy story setting.

Gibbious PC
A comedy cosmic horror point and click adventure made in Transylvania. Lucas Arts style, Lovecraft horrors, general insanity!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I remember first hearing about this a year ago. Looks really good.
The aping of FFT/Tactics Ogre is a little too much, though (there's even a "dragoon" class and a Gaffgarion rip-off...), and they completely lost me at "jazzy OST". :(

I still wish them well and hope they succeed where Unsung Story has spectacularly failed, though.

-NeoTB1-

The aping of FFT/Tactics Ogre is a little too much, though (there's even a "dragoon" class and a Gaffgarion rip-off...), and they completely lost me at "jazzy OST". :(

I still wish them well and hope they succeed where Unsung Story has spectacularly failed, though.

Agreed, though after listening to the tunes, I kinda dig it now. It reminds me of Breath of Fire III (which I believe was one of the inspirations). I backed it. Hope it continues to develop well.

Teknoman

I remember first hearing about this a year ago. Looks really good.

Sounds really good too. That shop theme is just great. More RPGs need to step outta the box when it comes to soundtrack. Worked wonders for Nier and the SMT series overall. Also Breath of Fire 3 and Wild ARMs.

Burt

I'm launching my Kickstarter for Chronicle of Ruin on April 19th --

Or something like that. Basically, it's not Ogre Battle.... but it's Ogre Battle, combined with traditional SNES-era JRPG mechanics like town and dungeon exploration and class-focused turn-based combat.

If you have any feedback, want to know more, or want to take a look at my Kickstarter campaign before it goes up, I'd love to share so just let me know here or shoot me a PM.

Added to Upcoming

Chronicle of Ruin - April 19th

Sector Six
Sector Six is elegant and innovative RPG/shooter hybrid. Build your own spaceship from randomly generated parts and fight the Machines to save universe from destruction!
Unleashed_lasers.png

Antraxx
Antraxx is a multiplayer isometric, arcade-style, mech battle shooter. Mixing classic pixel art with a highly stylized modern twist using dynamic lighting, shadows, physics, positional audio and more.
yWTLEeA.png

Stardrop
STARDROP is a Sci-Fi themed First Person Adventure game taking place on a selection of spacecrafts..
SD_StarDocks_08.jpg

Added to Ongoing

LUNA - The Shadow Dust
Together with our main character and his mystery friend, players will experience an unique adventure that requires both courage and determination. Enter the ancient tower that stands at the edge of world, help the character bring back his lost memories and find out the darkest secret beyond the tower itself.
screenshot02.jpg

Clique
"Clique" is a top-down action adventure game and also a first person adventure game. “Clique” is a dual story told through the perspectives of the young teenage girl and the avatar character within the game she is playing. Players will explore environments, solve puzzles, and defeat enemies to build trust with the world's unwelcoming characters
bovZYCC.jpg

Gibbous
A comedy point 'n click love letter to classic-era Lucas Arts adventures, Hitchcock, HP Lovecraft, and many, many others. A lighthearted spoof of the Cthulhu Mythos, Gibbous will have you controlling 3 protagonists, dealing with strange cultists, ancient voodoo, and Dead Cthulhu himself.
9ufC4GJ.gif

Racing Apex
Racing Apex is a fast and fun arcade style racing game that takes inspiration from some of the first 3D polygon arcade racing games from 1988 to 1992 and adds modern gameplay elements of car combat and multiplayer mayhem.
DangerousFaintAfricanbushviper.gif

City of the Shroud
A homage to our love of tactical RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem. As much as we love those games, ours has two key differences: an explosive, combo-based battle system, and a story where your choices, and the choices of every other player, determine how it all plays out.
sH3qgxy.gif

Arcadian Atlas
Perfectly pixeled isometric SRPG featuring dynamic job classes, character driven plot, strategic grid battles & an eclectic jazz OST.
IMfirDb.png

Gunkatana
Gunkatana is a turbo-fast action game, cracking top-down across speed rails. It’s the neon-infused pixel art dream of Geraldo Nascimento and CrazyArcadia. We want to deliver a tight, hyperkinetic action game that's easy to play, but hard to master!
yD5X6iQ.gif

The Wild Eight
The game tells the story of eight people whose everyday lives are forever changed after a horrific plane crash. They now find themselves stranded in the middle of nowhere, deep in the forests of Alaska. Welcome to a world without civilization, where you and the other survivors are at the mercy of nature — and wild animals starved by the cold!
vpY8O1s.jpg

Bate

I love your posts, but the gifs are seriously troubling my browser. Is it possible to hide them behind spoiler tags?

draetenth

I'm launching my Kickstarter for Chronicle of Ruin on April 19th --

Or something like that. Basically, it's not Ogre Battle.... but it's Ogre Battle, combined with traditional SNES-era JRPG mechanics like town and dungeon exploration and class-focused turn-based combat.

If you have any feedback, want to know more, or want to take a look at my Kickstarter campaign before it goes up, I'd love to share so just let me know here or shoot me a PM.

Wow, never played Ogre Battle (or tactics ogre), but that was a really nice trailer. I liked the music for it too.

Burt

I had no idea it was made by a gaffer. Will keep my eyes on it.

Wow, never played Ogre Battle (or tactics ogre), but that was a really nice trailer. I liked the music for it too.
Thanks and thanks! And yeah, I think the composer did a great job too. I think that Ogre Battle is probably a bit dated to get into this far out, but I can't recommend Tactics Ogre enough.

gabbo

Kickstarter deleted my payment link when I was trying to change cards. lol

Shit. I hung out with one of the team at GDC. Good guy.

Hope this gets turned around. Was one of the first games I kickstarted and was looking forward to it finally leaving EA

After failing on Kickstarter, the Consortium team tried again on FIG and the game was funded in a few days! So happy that the game is happening

Added to Ongoing

Consortium: The Tower
The Tower is a fully standalone, single player, first-person sci-fi immersive simulation. As Consortium officer Bishop Six, you can choose to fight, sneak, explore or talk your way through an interactive story driven by YOUR actions and decision.
Put another way, imagine the original Deus Ex videogame, combined with the film Die Hard.

PDQgE2P.gif

Fear Effect Sedna
Fear Effect Sedna is a real-time tactical action game. Become reacquainted with the famous team of Hana, Rain, Deke & Glas in a brand new adventure. From Hong Kong to Greenland, through Inuit mythology and with new partners, will you dare to face the spirit world once again?
v7SXy0X.jpg

I don't think I saw Ghost Theory mentioned. It looks like their initial funding goal is for a pretty stripped down version of what they really want to make, but I think the concept is interesting and the team has put out Dex, which seems to have reviewed well.

Labadal

I don't think I saw Ghost Theory mentioned. It looks like their initial funding goal is for a pretty stripped down version of what they really want to make, but I think the concept is interesting and the team has put out Dex, which seems to have reviewed well.
They asked for twice as much in their previous KS attampt.

Oh cool! The team making that are awesome people.

One of my good buddies has a Kickstarter up. Its called Gunkatana, a multiplayer Hotline Miami style Cyberpunk game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/solivagant/gunkatana

mclem

Pleased to say that my Hints and Tips for Videogame Pioneers has finally arrived... from backing it back in 2013!

Haven't done more than thumb through it yet, but it looks a pretty comprehensive tome; I'm never that much bothered by things taking a bit longer than planned, but I'm pleased it's arrived now. Besides, at least I've got a hardback book with some gorgeous Oli Frey artwork on it!

(Of particular coincidence: I tidied my room last weekend and found the package that was sent out earlier with the various non-book gifts in it; I wondered then what had happened to the book itself. A pleasant surprise to get that answered within a week!)

Acosta

Kickstarter for a new game: Ren-Hu.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lethalgames/ren-hu-rebel-yell-a-hardcore-strategic-beatem-up-g

Full disclaimer, I know the leader of the project but I made this post on my own accord as I haven't any involvement in the project and I'm just a backer myself. He is a fan of classic Japanese games and I really believe his game looks fairly interesting.

At worst, it has a playable demo, so you can check for yourself. The art and the OST are very promising too, but I feel its mechanics are commendable too. And I may be biased, but I think the KS is quite well done, with a clear road of development/work already done/stretch goals (they are asking for 25.750€ minimum).

In any case, check it if you please.

Kickstarter for a new game: Ren-Hu.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lethalgames/ren-hu-rebel-yell-a-hardcore-strategic-beatem-up-g

Full disclaimer, I know the leader of the project but I made this post on my own accord as I haven't any involvement in the project and I'm just a backer myself. He is a fan of classic Japanese games and I really believe his game looks fairly interesting.

At worst, it has a playable demo, so you can check for yourself. The art and the OST are very promising too, but I feel its mechanics are commendable too. And I may be biased, but I think the KS is quite well done, with a clear road of development/work already done/stretch goals (they are asking for 25.750€ minimum).

In any case, check it if you please.
Looks cool, but "spiritual successor to God Hand" sets one hell of a bar and expectations for a game. Not a good idea to use spiritual successor unless you or part of your team worked on the original game IMO

Acosta

Looks cool, but "spiritual successor to God Hand" sets one hell of a bar and expectations for your game

Probably they got carried away "a bit" with that (he is a huge fan of God Hand and Panzer Dragoon he always drops them whenever he can), but my guess is that he hope to translate some of that spirit to the combat, they were quite proud about having a rich combat system with many options and customizable combos.

However, yes, "spiritual successor" may sound quite grandiloquent, but I would vouch he has his heart in the right place.

Second InSomnia KS campaign has launched, a decent amount of the first campaign backers aren't happy do to a few reasons (mainly new campaign has Steam Early Access as a reward, those who backed the first campaign below that tier have to back it again but at the new tier if they want that....).

Added to Ongoing

Masquerada: Songs and Shadows
Masquerada: Songs and Shadows is a tactical action RPG, a colorfully grim song of masked deception, set amid a Venetian-inspired city haunted by the shadows of civil war, misplaced faith and fey manifestations.
LTZWzgX.png

Niten
Influenced by titles such as 'Dear Esther' and 'Gone Home', 'Niten' is a story driven exploration game set on a remote Japanese island.
niten4.jpg

Losswords
Losswords turns classic literature into a social word puzzle game.
gVYtLsH.png

Avorion
Explore. Build. Fight. Trade. Mine. Free to do whatever you want, find your way to the core of the galaxy in this vast space sandbox.
7paCXYW.jpg

Sentinels of the Multiverse: The Video Game - Season 2
The remaining expansions for Sentinels of the Multiverse are coming to the Video Game! Vengeance, Villains, OblivAeon, and more!
PemJLvB.jpg

Dark Souls: The Board Game
Dark Souls - The Board Game is a strategically challenging, deeply immersive combat exploration game for 1-4 players set in the Dark Souls™ universe. Players choose from a number of core character classes and explore dangerous locations full of monsters, treasures, and deadly boss fights.
Ly14Mob.jpg

Brrrainz
Roam the world as a lone zombie, infect humans, create a horde and wreck havoc with your undead army in this 2D action adventure.
fITJ7Yg.png

In The Shadows
In The Shadows is a puzzle platformer game where you use lights to scare away and transform shadow creatures into everyday objects that you can use to your own advantage. Confront your fears, solve puzzles and find secrets!
ncJXV11.jpg

Sumer
Sumer is a unique blend of modern board game design and exciting real-time action, set against the beautiful backdrop of a mysterious ancient civilization.
8dmFAt6.png

Beholder
"Beholder" is a simulation of the life of an ordinary human being at the frightening dystopian World where the State controls every aspect of private and social life.
H3StQxs.gif

InSomnia
Single player/co-op RPG in a retrofuturistic world. Explore a half deserted metropolis, slowly making its way through the universe.
xQIAqDH.gif

Ren Hu
Ren Hu is a hardcore strategic beat'em up setting out to challenge even the most skilled players with high-paced action, on-the-fly customizable combos and emergent gameplay.
vlcsnap-4503-12-28-10h05m08s160%20(1).png

Niche
Niche is a simulation/strategy game about population genetics. Breed your animals and evolve your own species, based on real genetics.
vwpqT1D.jpg

Alexious

Chronicles of Elyria went live about half an hour ago and it's almost at 10% (with a $900K minimum goal). It's probably worthy of a topic, but I can't create one yet.

cwI5EDM.jpg

Chronicles of Elyria is the first MMORPG where your character ages and dies, encouraging you to think beyond your character to their role in a larger story.

Fearless in its design, it embraces a character's ability to impact other characters. A closed economy, finite resources, non-repeatable quests, and a fully destructible environment means the world is experienced differently for every character.

Fully destructible world means we'll see some epic sieges.
Fully destructible world means we'll see some epic sieges.
Each time you log in there is a dynamic world waiting for you. Local, regional, and national conflicts are continuously unfolding, giving birth to repeated opportunities for you to change the course of history.

Top Bottom