• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Donos

With my noob knowledge of crypto and seeing all the eth based tokens, i think eth is here to stay and is going to be an even bigger player in the future. Based on that, i think it's really undervalued (old granny btc stealing the show). Don't have any eth atm but maybe I'm going to put another 1k € into eth just in case.

1000$ for eth in the next years is maybe not that unthinkable but than again who knows how everything plays out. Or btc is going to be the immortal emperor nit willing to give up the throne.

Ether out of slump yay; I sold mine for today (realized 10% target profit), but wish had bought the last night -_- My biggest regret is not shorting OMG before sleeping though, could make a lot of money

I totally agree :D Ether might correct somewhat soon though :( it 15 minutes CCI is signaling a bull trap: the actual price is getting higher, but CCI's high is getting lower. I'll probably short IOTA today too; its 3 hours CCI is signaling a similar bull trap [and it has a heavily manipulated market that will make sure it drops lol]. That one seems ready for a good crash :D

Edit: I bought a small amount of EOS for trading; its chart looks really good, might break out anytime [give that it has already seen a lot of correction, I doubt it'll drop anymore]

DXPett1

Some pretty sweet gains with STRAT and ANS today. Must be riding that BTC wave. Still waiting for Sia Coin to do something :\

Some pretty sweet gains with STRAT and ANS today. Must be riding that BTC wave. Still waiting for Sia Coin to do something :\
Sia is a project with long term potential; however, that is heavily dependent on whether the development team can see through their project and meet their goals within the deadlines they have set out.

Ether might be about to reject a correction; if it does (say, if it breaks 243), it'll probably see another large upward move. I decided to buy back in a small amount

DXPett1

Sia is a project with long term potential; however, that is heavily dependent on whether the development team can see through their project and meet their goals within the deadlines they have set out.

I agree. One of the few projects out there with a fully fledged product instead of just concepts and whitepapers. Keen to setup a node on a RPI + mSATA SSD (might dual wield and have it stake ANS too)

Brandson

I totally agree :D Ether might correct somewhat soon though :( it 15 minutes CCI is signaling a bull trap: the actual price is getting higher, but CCI's high is getting lower. I'll probably short IOTA today too; its 3 hours CCI is signaling a similar bull trap [and it has a heavily manipulated market that will make sure it drops lol]. That one seems ready for a good crash :D

Edit: I bought a small amount of EOS for trading; its chart looks really good, might break out anytime [give that it has already seen a lot of correction, I doubt it'll drop anymore]

I agree with everything except EOS. As I understand it, EOS themselves are buying up some EOS on the market to artificially prop up the price. They could theoretically do that for a long time based on how much money they have taken in so far. I don't want to accuse anyone of running the crypto equivalent of a pyramid scheme, but if any recent ICO is worth investigating and regulating/fining, EOS might be tops on that list.

Good stuff these last few days!
Mine grew up 750$. About damn time I started to see some green. Spent the previous 2 months in the red.

My Neo alone has grown very nicely over the last few days. I added some more last night. Profit wise I'm doing pretty good with. There were a few times I was tempted to take profits but glad I didn't because this shit just keeps going up. Lol

Eth is making a slight comeback too. Some were saying that EOS though could be a threat to the platform. Based on what Brandson is saying that is not good what the team is doing.

Do you guys think Siacoin is worth buying back into for the long term? I'm reading that Filecoin could be a huge threat to the Sia project.

AmFreak

Can you recommend a site for graphs/analysis?

I agree with everything except EOS. As I understand it, EOS themselves are buying up some EOS on the market to artificially prop up the price. They could theoretically do that for a long time based on how much money they have taken in so far. I don't want to accuse anyone of running the crypto equivalent of a pyramid scheme, but if any recent ICO is worth investigating and regulating/fining, EOS might be tops on that list.
I don't like it as a project either [I think it is kinda useless? and especially because the circulating coins are only about 35% of the cap], just day trading based on the chart data, will cash out @ 1.97

Can you recommend a site for graphs/analysis?
I use tradingview.com for the charts; stockcharts.com school section has a lot of good articles about trading too

---
OMG looks like it is about to break down too; I have shorted a small amount @ 2.9. Might be around its ATH for the next few weeks

Everything is rising up so fast I am afraid to see the fallout, if any.
I'd cash out all the alt-coins that have been pumped too much in the past few days. OMG & IOTA specifically. People will be cashing them out to get on BTC and Ethereum train.

Edit: My Eths hit a stop order I had put @ $250. I guess that was it for me for today. I have a small short order on OMG, that will be canceled if it hits $3.0 (which I doubt it will), but that's about it.

Edit: I lied; just bought some Ripple lol

Edit 2: My omg stop order was executed; can't believe it is going up again -_-

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
If bitcoins are in a bulltrap, it's right now.

KVkCXob.png

LmPPol3.jpg

I'd cash out all the alt-coins that have been pumped too much in the past few days. OMG & IOTA specifically. People will be cashing them out to get on BTC and Ethereum train.

Edit: My Eths hit a stop order I had put @ $250. I guess that was it for me for today. I have a small short order on OMG, that will be canceled if it hits $3.0 (which I doubt it will), but that's about it.

That NEO train is not stopping and official rebranding launch is in 3 days.

Yeah I'd there are alts that have gone up an insane amount probably best to cash out soon.

I believe Neo was so undervalued for so long that it is finally getting to the price it should have been a month or so ago.

I don't get this thinking process. Invest thousands to have, at best, 3/4x their initial investment. BTC is so strong that you'd need a couple 10's of thousands to have a modest return. On the other hand, if you invest a couple thousands on alts and they hit it big you'll probably have upwards of 50,000$. Basically it's high risk high reward.

Investing solely on BTC is basically for people with a lot of money already.

I don't get this thinking process. Invest thousands to have, at best, 3/4x their initial investment. BTC is so strong that you'd need a couple 10's of thousands to have a modest return. On the other hand, if you invest a couple thousands on alts and they hit it big you'll probably have upwards of 50,000$. Basically it's high risk high reward.

At this point like you said, you need a lot of big money to invest in BTC at its current price where the returns will be minimal. Alts offer an opportunity to make good money if you buy in at the right price since you can buy more.

It's what has me also thinking of taking the small profit from Eth since I don't have much anymore and placing it on a few alts that I believe could go to the moon.

Not sure why you've decided 3/4x the current price is the BTC ceiling. That's not the moon.

It was $600 last August. It's had more than 5x growth over the past year, yet 3/4x is the best you could hope for over the rest of time?

Not sure why you've decided 3/4x the current price is the BTC ceiling. That's not the moon.

It was $600 last August. It's had more than 5x growth over the past year, yet 3/4x is the best you could hope for over the rest of time?

I'm being conservative. I'm not saying it's impossible for BTC to get to 10,000$ or 15,000$. It's going to face more resistance the further ir grows in value. If it does I'll be happy for those who got in but let's be generous and say next year it's 30,000$. It's a 10x return which isn't bad but for the same 3000$ you could invest in various other promising alts and maybe have gains superior to 10x.

That's my opinion on investing in crypto for now.

PolishQ

I'm being conservative. I'm not saying it's impossible for BTC to get to 10,000$ or 15,000$. It's going to face more resistance the further ir grows in value. If it does I'll be happy for those who got in but let's be generous and say next year it's 30,000$. It's a 10x return which isn't bad but for the same 3000$ you could invest in various other promising alts and maybe have gains superior to 10x.

That's my opinion on investing in crypto for now.

Seems like the best strategy for those of us holding would be to put, say, $1000 in BTC, $1000 in ETH and $1000 in a carefully selected group of alts.

OMG ICO was for $25m, and now its market value is $350m; that is 14 times increase in value; even if a sellout pushes the price down to its current half, that is still a 6x profit realization. Some people definitely have become rich in a matter of weeks.

If bitcoins are in a bulltrap, it's right now.

KVkCXob.png

LmPPol3.jpg
It is all about how you scale it; the whole crypto market is maybe 0.005% of the gold market? You can say it is still in its infancy; most people still believe it is used for drug trafficking and stuff

Brandson

My crypto holdings are up 5 figures in the last 24 hours. I expect half of that to probably pull back by Monday though. Good job on anyone holding a lot of NEO before this recent pump. I would probably sell it now personally. I continue to consider its hype to be outpacing its current state and realistic potential.

My crypto holdings are up 5 figures in the last 24 hours. I expect half of that to probably pull back by Monday though. Good job on anyone holding a lot of NEO before this recent pump. I would probably sell it now personally. I continue to consider its hype to be outpacing its current state and realistic potential.

Congrats Brandson!!!!! That is awesome.

I just don't know what to do with my NEO. I am in it for the long haul, but a part of me thinks what if I sell now and what if we have hit a range of new low around the $14 range. The past 2 hrs, it dropped about $2 dollars, but now it is back up climbing again. I would not doubt if it does hit $20 tomorrow, before really falling back. The only reason why I'd be selling anyways is to buy back in at a lower price to add more, but I fear I am not good at knowing when to sell high and buy low. I did okay with doing that with Eth, but I feel like that is a different beast.

I did grab some more Neo today when it was around $11 and $13, but not a lot. It'll be interesting to see if I lose a bit on when the dip happens.

For shits and giggles, I bought $25 each of Siacoin (again) and Safex to see if these go anywhere. Should I of bought these last week when prices were lower, sure, but I can hold for awhile.

This is what I wanna be saying next year I hope. Good job!

I'm also very sceptical with these huge pumps but I'm not good at the buy low/sell high game (yet) so I'll just ride it out. I bought all my alts around half of current price so I don't mind if they crash in the coming days.

Brandson

This is what I wanna be saying next year I hope. Good job!

I'm also very sceptical with these huge pumps but I'm not good at the buy low/sell high game (yet) so I'll just ride it out. I bought all my alts around half of current price so I don't mind if they crash in the coming days.

I hope to be able to say 6 figures in a good day by 2020. I am hesitant to try to trade ETH for longer than a few minutes at a time right now. It could retreat to 230, or it could reach a new ATH first. Not holding is too big a risk right now. I will consider trading it again if/when it goes above $500.

I hope to be able to say 6 figures in a good day by 2020. I am hesitant to try to trade ETH for longer than a few minutes at a time right now. It could retreat to 230, or it could reach a new ATH first. Not holding is too big a risk right now. I will consider trading it again if/when it goes above $500.
We should just have you manage our assets lol

I managed to double $300 to $500 by margin trading Ether and EOS since yesterday ($600 if I hadn't stubbornly bet against OMG crashing), but watching the charts takes too much time and it is too risky unless there is an obvious move in the market.

I am hesitant of holding anything right now, after seeing that Ether crash from $400 to $135, but it probably is just a fear not well founded. Have you just been adding to your assets little by little at different price points?

I'm also wondering what is your plan for cashing out and taking profits?

I managed to double $300 to $500 by margin trading Ether and EOS since yesterday ($600 if I hadn't stubbornly bet against OMG crashing), but watching the charts takes too much time and it is too risky unless there is an obvious move in the market.

I am hesitant of holding anything right now, after seeing that Ether crash from $400 to $135, but it probably is just a fear not well founded. Have you just been adding to your assets little by little at different price points?

Walking, do you know what is going with OMG dipping so quickly besides people just taking out profits? I almost bought in when it was $1.20 and missed the boat.

Donos

Which site do you guys use to buy those small/new/unknown cryptocurrencies? NEO and others.

I also do most on Bittrex since they have almost all the alts and NEO exclusively (which is my biggest position) beside China exchanges.

I buy eth on coinbase or anycoindirect then send it to Bittrex to get alts.

Business

Yeah I agree the risk of not holding is too big, I'm not selling my NEO and still I wish it goes down so I add more cheaper, I'm in for the long run.

What I should do is set up a paper wallet for these. Anyone can help with that?

x3sphere

Don't you essentially have to doxx yourself for ByteBall? Sounded sketchy when I read about it earlier.

To get in on the byteball distribution all you need to do is sign a message using an address you control. I don't see how it would dox anyone apart from the fact that it is possible to see which addresses were involved in the distribution.

I did it the past few times and made a good amount of a BTC from it. I ran the Byteball client in a VM because I don't trust it though.

Brandson

I grew my stack through trading during the bear market and also by injecting a bit more fiat in July. I could have done better but I'm not complaining. I'm sure we'll see a period like that again but not likely at those price levels.

I have a price in mind for cashing out at least half ($3000 per ETH). I don't have any urgent need for the money so I'm fine with letting it grow for a few years. I'm constantly re-evaluating though. If the 1D charts start to turn downwards again, I will probably look to trade a portion of my stack, but I don't see that happening again until it hits a new ATH. If ETH development winds down after a few years, I would look to sell then too regardless of the price.

Top Bottom