• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Brandson

This doesn't make any sense. Bitcoin has fallen but to a relatively small amount of what BCH has gained. Literally billions of dollars out of thin air overnight. The value isn't coming from anything. Yes I'm aware that's how a bubble works. But I've never seen anything like this.

Or am I missing something?

Sometimes the crypto market is irrational. Other times, it is being controlled by various interested parties. There are also temporary moments where technical factors play a role. I think the current price of BCH has a bit of all of those things influencing it right now. It doesn't seem sustainable for too long. BCH could eventually be worth something, but it currently has at least a few problems:

(1) the mining network is insufficient as presently structured to support a high volume of BCH transactions; and

(2) BCH currently has no real world use.

Until those problems are addressed, I don't see how it could maintain the current price.

Tk0n

This doesn't make any sense. Bitcoin has fallen but to a relatively small amount of what BCH has gained. Literally billions of dollars out of thin air overnight. The value isn't coming from anything. Yes I'm aware that's how a bubble works. But I've never seen anything like this.

the real marketcap is not billions because the number of coins available for trading is not even close to the max potential of 16,5 mil.
but even so, a volume of 80 million $ alone on bittrex in the last 24h is quite an achievement.

x3sphere

It's dumping hard on an exchange called HitBTC. Down to 0.065 there atm. That's about $190. Can't vouch for the exchange, but people say deposits there are working.

Brandson

Bitfinex is going to have an own token (NEC) and new eth exchange (ethfinex)
https://www.coindesk.com/bitfinex-is-issuing-another-token-and-a-new-ethereum-exchange/
Good luck

We may be about to enter a phase where individual websites start operating their own chains and issuing tokens to users to pay for services. This may have beneficial transactional cost benefits, such as reduced fees to payment processors. I don't think this will be limited just to crypto exchanges.

I sold part of my GNT and SC stock and bought 5000 DGB. Hopefully it blows up

Nice! I'm considering doubling my amount of DGB, I would love for it to even hit .50-$1.00. Could make some real decent money. I don't know if DGB has a future as the type of coin that will rack in big money, but it could surprise us with the cross block chain features that they are talking about.

I'm still high on Neo, I feel like they are about to blow up any moment in the next 6-12 months. I still wish I would have loaded up even more at the $4.50 range.

I'm also on the digibytes train. As for NEO I have a few but also want to get more. I'm waiting for my next paycheck to invest in them.

Let's hope next year we're all dancing around our piles of money :)

I'm also on the digibytes train. As for NEO I have a few but also want to get more. I'm waiting for my next paycheck to invest in them.

Let's hope next year we're all dancing around our piles of money :)

That would be so awesome. :) I'd load up as much Neo as you can, it is one of those few coins that through a lot of these bloodbaths has really been solid sitting between $6.75-$8+ at times.

I sold off most of my Eth last month to hop on Neo. Now if we can get one more $5 Neo day, LOL!

I do have some Bat too, but, do you guys think that they could go anywhere? The thought of the creator of Javascript/co-founder Firefox is cool, but the coin seems like it is like Stratis, gets to decent highs but comes crashing down hard when it does.

DonMigs85

Nice! I'm considering doubling my amount of DGB, I would love for it to even hit .50-$1.00. Could make some real decent money. I don't know if DGB has a future as the type of coin that will rack in big money, but it could surprise us with the cross block chain features that they are talking about.

I'm still high on Neo, I feel like they are about to blow up any moment in the next 6-12 months. I still wish I would have loaded up even more at the $4.50 range.

What sold me was the Minecraft and Microsoft Azure partnerships. If they can get more like that I think it'll do well.

Technically, speaking, you could say BTC was being held back because of the fork; essentially, BTC @ $2700 was undervalued. The alternative would have been for BTC to break $3000, and then have a dive.

What sold me was the Minecraft and Microsoft Azure partnerships. If they can get more like that I think it'll do well.

Both of those partnerships sold me too, but the icing on the cake was the news about cross blockchain relationship with BTC and LTC. Plus, their little mascot dude is as cute as the ant from Antshares. LOL!

DonMigs85

Both of those partnerships sold me too, but the icing on the cake was the news about cross blockchain relationship with BTC and LTC. Plus, their little mascot dude is as cute as the ant from Antshares. LOL!]

ARK should take off with all these different chains too. Or are they actually rendered redundant by this?

Sometimes the crypto market is irrational. Other times, it is being controlled by various interested parties. There are also temporary moments where technical factors play a role. I think the current price of BCH has a bit of all of those things influencing it right now. It doesn't seem sustainable for too long. BCH could eventually be worth something, but it currently has at least a few problems:

(1) the mining network is insufficient as presently structured to support a high volume of BCH transactions; and

(2) BCH currently has no real world use.

Until those problems are addressed, I don't see how it could maintain the current price.

Yeah, this is the crazy part, (2) BCH can't be used on anything. I mean BTC only was worth a fraction of $ at the time you could buy pizza with it.

PolishQ

Alright, since July I've gotten some SIA, NEO, OMG, I participated in the Tierion ICO, and now I'm getting some DGB. I think that's a good portfolio for now.

Donos

After some more reading, i ditched my Golem (GNT) and ARK two weeks ago and switched the funds into NEM (XEM), which then got a nice boost on top of the fork surge this week . So no regrets in that regard. I like Golem from the tech but i'm not sure that it's not getting serious competition in the Computer Graphics realm or manages to swim above the rest.

Alright, since July I've gotten some SIA, NEO, OMG, I participated in the Tierion ICO, and now I'm getting some DGB. I think that's a good portfolio for now.

I had SIA for awhile, before I sold it, but I'm not too sure with them since the ASIC announcement. I know they have had a hard time selling through the pre-orders on the ASIC equipment. It looks like a good project for Cloud storage.

PolishQ

I had SIA for awhile, before I sold it, but I'm not too sure with them since the ASIC announcement. I know they have had a hard time selling through the pre-orders on the ASIC equipment. It looks like a good project for Cloud storage.

Think I should sell and split between NEO and DGB?

Think I should sell and split between NEO and DGB?

Not sure, I'm not good at giving advice on crypto. I'd hate to tell you to sell it off and then it jumps to $1.00 or higher. LOL!

I do feel like Neo is going to be huge though from everything I've read, so if you do have any extra money laying around it wouldn't hurt to keep on adding to it every week or when you have extra funds.

Yesterday I posted a video interview with the co-founder that one youtuber did with him and he seems to be a very level headed guy with a strong vision.

I'm gonna keep stocking on NEO as much as I can. I already bought a couple hundred last night. If this blows up like ETH did, I'm going to have a small fortune on my hands. Wishful thinking aside, even through this past few weeks it always managed to hold its value and slowly rising.

I'm thinking we could even see 10/12$ by the end of the year. It's on very few exchanges right now and when it hits a few big ones, expect a pump.

I'm gonna keep stocking on NEO as much as I can. I already bought a couple hundred last night. If this blows up like ETH did, I'm going to have a small fortune on my hands. Wishful thinking aside, even through this past few weeks it always managed to hold its value and slowly rising.

I'm thinking we could even see 10/12$ by the end of the year. It's on very few exchanges right now and when it hits a few big ones, expect a pump.

I think that is what we need with Neo, just an incremental rise and stability which is what it seems to be doing. Unless there is a massive bloodbath with the market, I doubt we see $4.50-$5 range again. I am kind of hoping we can get to the $7-8 range again even for a day, I'd like to buy up some more in the next few days. I think even $9 is good buying point, considering one day when this is like $20+ and we will be saying that is a good price.

I think that is what we need with Neo, just an incremental rise and stability which is what it seems to be doing. Unless there is a massive bloodbath with the market, I doubt we see $4.50-$5 range again. I am kind of hoping we can get to the $7-8 range again even for a day, I'd like to buy up some more in the next few days. I think even $9 is good buying point, considering one day when this is like $20+ and we will be saying that is a good price.

Totally agree with you. Of course one would always want to maximize their holdings but even buying at the current price seems like a good investment. The returns ought to be very good if we hold.

Anyone who jumped on OMG train? I had completely ignored it until yesterday; it has gone up 500% in almost 2 weeks (and went up another 50% since yesterday)

Totally agree with you. Of course one would always want to maximize their holdings but even buying at the current price seems like a good investment. The returns ought to be very good if we hold.

I know, I always want to try and sell high in anticipation for a dip to add more at a lower price but sometimes doesn't work out for me like that. I agree, even at $9, this is at a really good undervalued price.

Don't forget, the team has another conference with announcements for the rebranding on 8/8-8/9 so that will really help boost the price too a little bit.

Anyone who jumped on OMG train? I had completely ignored it until yesterday; it has gone up 500% in almost 2 weeks (and went up another 50% since yesterday)

My brother had told me about OMG when it was at a little over $1, I should have jumped on this.

Great investments!

It seems to have a future:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/05/omise-go-ico-25-million-omg/

They had already raised $20m from VCs before their ICO, which was capped to $25m and required participants to be identified as real persons. They plan to introduce their initial products starting from Q4 2017.

I'll wait for it to drop and will buy some for a long position (it will drop soon, it is overbought right now)

edit; looking at the order book, it seems unlikely for it to go under $1.8, but can go up to $2.1 easily. Kinda risky though to invest any large amount in it

Donos

*wiping tear* i was close to putting 100 € into it back then... but then i was already over the limit i had set myself with other altcoins... well...

Didn't some members mention it here weeks ago?

*wiping tear* i was close to putting 100 € into it back then... but then i was already over the limit i had set myself with other altcoins... well...

Didn't some members mention it here weeks ago?
Almost the same situation. I have been skeptical of all alt-coins, that is why I had ignored all of them, which seemed like a reasonable choice given what happened to EOS and IOTA. OMG is different though, its appeal is not tied to some form of potential application in the next decade. I should have had learned dmore about it, or at least looked at the charts... oh well

edit: it actually went up another 10% since my post about it going up 500% lol. Ready for crash

Donos

EOS was at least good for a quick buck. When i saw EOS at 5 $ i thought *i would sell everything right now* and since then it hovers under 2 $. Let's see what will happen with Tierion after they give out the tokens. Was in a mood and put in 100 €. If i read that right, that could be around 1300 TNT. With TNT as acronym, the price can only explode up *Badum tish*.

Most know this probably but i saw it only a week ago on reddit: better view of coinmarketcap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/ (1h,24h.7d % instead of just 24h%, although you lose the graph and other sorting of coins)

EOS was at least good for a quick buck. When i saw EOS at 5 $ i thought *i would sell everything right now* and since then it hovers under 2 $. Let's see what will happen with Tierion after they give out the tokens. Was in a mood and put in 100 €. If i read that right, that could be around 1300 TNT. With TNT as acronym, the price can only explode up *Badum tish*.

Most know this probably but i saw it only a week ago on reddit: better view of coinmarketcap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/ (1h,24h.7d % instead of just 24h%, although you lose the graph and other sorting of coins)

When I saw EOS freshly arrived at kraken at 1 euro per coin I thought the exact opposite: This will soar and crash quickly. At the time I had around 3K in fiat to invest and it still hurts not jumping on it.

We can't win it all. I've made a few bad calls and some other good ones. If you're not starving for money this is just a game to make a quick buck. One has to be ready to lose it all and it not impacting your life negatively. On the other hand, if it goes well you'll get insane amounts of money no honest job could ever get you.

Donos

The NEO "partnering with china certificate authorities" news is driving the price up again, although it seems like old news.

The NEO "partnering with china certificate authorities" news is driving the price up again...

It is at $10 right now. I might buy a little bit more now even though I should wait for it to dip, but it could reach its ATH of $15 I think before its all said and done.

Shit, I was being very reserved on my price predictions with NEO. Glad to see it pumping like this. I'll wait for the weekend to buy some more since i'm expecting the price to dip a little by then. Even if it doesn't I'll jump in.

Donos

Would be interesting to see where the price would go if neo got added to another big exchange like polo or bfinex.

Would be interesting to see where the price would go if neo got added to another big exchange like polo or bfinex.

I think if it does get added on other exchanges, expect the price to explode.

I transferred some BTC 30 minutes ago and the confirmations are taking forever so I can get some more NEO. UGH!!!!

Holy shit, the 110btc wall at 350k get blown apart in seconds...

Red

Almost the same situation. I have been skeptical of all alt-coins, that is why I had ignored all of them, which seemed like a reasonable choice given what happened to EOS and IOTA. OMG is different though, its appeal is not tied to some form of potential application in the next decade. I should have had learned dmore about it, or at least looked at the charts... oh well

edit: it actually went up another 10% since my post about it going up 500% lol. Ready for crash
IOTA is back over .30¢, it's been more or less around here since it became available. It's not making huge gains but it's held steady value.

I think if it does get added on other exchanges, expect the price to explode.

I transferred some BTC 30 minutes ago and the confirmations are taking forever so I can get some more NEO. UGH!!!!

Holy shit, the 110btc wall at 350k get blown apart in seconds...

I use LTC or ETH to get NEO. It's been quicker this way, for me at least.

Yeah, I've never had it take this long before to transfer over.

NEO at almost $11 now, I did get some just earlier. The Chinese have been sleeping during all this price action so what will happen when they wake up soon.

I transferred some fiat today to buy back tomorrow or during the weekend if it dips. I'm thinking it'll dip a little but never again to the 5$ range. Maybe 7/8$.

I transferred some fiat today to buy back tomorrow or during the weekend if it dips. I'm thinking it'll dip a little but never again to the 5$ range. Maybe 7/8$.

Good idea. I wonder if it will get back down to $7-8 range now that we are testing $11. It will be interesting when they wake up in China here in a bit.

Good idea. I wonder if it will get back down to $7-8 range now that we are testing $11. It will be interesting when they wake up in China here in a bit.

I also was thinking if I should just sell everything now to buy back in again in full power tomorrow or during the weekend. If I sell now and buy back even at 8/9$ It'll add me 50/70 more NEO coins. Decisions, decisions...

I was lucky to buy at 4.5$ so I basically doubled my investment today. Don't wanna be too greedy.

I also was thinking if I should just sell everything now to buy back in again in full power tomorrow or during the weekend. If I sell now and buy back even at 8/9$ It'll add me 50/70 more NEO coins. Decisions, decisions...

I was lucky to buy at 4.5$ so I basically doubled my investment today. Don't wanna be too greedy.

We should of loaded up at $4.50. I bought a decent amount, but I should of just added a ton. I've bought all the way from $4.50 to $10 over the course since I've been talking about Neo on here.

I honestly wouldn't place all your eggs in one basket especially if you are in it for the long haul. It's good to diversify on a few coins and if you have money to put in every so often while we are still at a low price might be worth going that route.

Though if it does drop over the weekend, I may take my remaining Eth and dump it on Neo.

Top Bottom