• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Jiraiza

Anyone using the Ledger Nano S with the ARK wallet right now? Do you have to make a new wallet and vote again or is the current desktop ARK wallet leveraged by the Ledger? Won't get mine until early next month, but wanted to know.

Putting fiat back into BAT, good dip and if Mercury comes out on time it's going to be in the next week or so.

Not touching my ARK anymore, just gonna let that grow

Is this thread about Bitcoin? I've been wanting to get into that, and was wondering where to really start.

It's about all crypto, and the front page is a good place to start in terms of learning how to get started.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Putting fiat back into BAT, good dip and if Mercury comes out on time it's going to be in the next week or so.

Not touching my ARK anymore, just gonna let that grow

It's about all crypto, and the front page is a good place to start in terms of learning how to get started.

Yep holding my position.

Cipherr

You guys were right, wtf though why is it taking 5 minutes (or not at all) to load every damn page?
Fuck this shit, i'm switching to another exchange.

Ill be honest, I have had that bug before too. But if its any consolation, thats the worst bug I have experienced on Bittrex, and although its annoying, it only happens every now and then. I had it cost me time once though and I missed a quick gain on a trade; not gonna lie that pissed me off.

Reading about IOTA rolling their own hash.

Why.jpg

The more I read, the more it's so painfully obvious that people will attack you if you start questioning or being negative on their investment. This shit reads like a console war.

Cipherr

Wow, just finding out about and looking into Coinigy. It looks powerful as hell for trading. Had USD/BTC pairs and all. I keep imagining the luxury of being able to duck my BTC into USD when dips take hold, and rebuying lower in the bear run. It sounds SO damn convenient, and I don't completely trust Tether.

DonMigs85

I am too. I think 9/15 or next week is the release of Mercury so I am hoping that BAT can finally go up in price.

I am contemplating the Blackmoon ICO, need to look at pre-registering.
Yeah Blackmoon looks promising, probably better than Enigma
I don't know if the Avalon ICO is gonna manage to hit its goals, but I think Tokenlab is another promising ICO.

FeD.nL

So with Ark doing really well it's time to look at another sub 50m coin to invest in. I think I'm gonna put some in SKY. Project looks interesting, might wait for the price to drop some more but would like to pick some up before it gets put on Bittrex.

Sony

Nintendo
I'm pleasently surprised by ARK's support level. Don't see it dropping below 59 anytime soon unless a whale dumps its load.

pieface

For you long term ARK and or NAV holders, when do you plan to sell? Just looking at the roadmaps I think these two will not peak until at least mid to late 2019.

Holding both ARK and NAV and probably won't sell either for 3-5 years. I see crypto integrating into society and becoming the "norm".

However, I will sell ARK voting rewards as soon as it hits £5.

Anyone using the Ledger Nano S with the ARK wallet right now? Do you have to make a new wallet and vote again or is the current desktop ARK wallet leveraged by the Ledger? Won't get mine until early next month, but wanted to know.

Yup i'm using the Ledger with ARK. The ledger creates a new wallet so you will need to vote for someone again.

I'm pleasently surprised by ARK's support level. Don't see it dropping below 59 anytime soon unless a whale dumps its load.

Well you would think a whale wouldn't do that as they'd lose money themselves.

For you long term ARK and or NAV holders, when do you plan to sell? Just looking at the roadmaps I think these two will not peak until at least mid to late 2019.

I really have no idea. By the time it's clear the project has failed, I would most likely be caught stuck holding. I plan on keeping my ARK until at least next year.

I'm more concerned about a bitcoin crash, considering ARKs value is tied to bitcoin.

Edit: just got my first payout! .3371 ARK by doing nothing!

giphy.gif

From what I understand most people buying bitcoin in China already did so with VPN's. They won't be able to stop over the counter trading either.

It's impossible to ban bitcoin. They can certainly make it harder, especially for newbies trying to enter the market. But I think attempts like this only serve to reinforce the value of a decentralized currency. I agree that short term volatility is likely, but I don't think this is a long-term problem.

Here is a good YT vid you guys should check out, this guy is pretty level headed and I like his videos. He's sharing his thoughts on the China Exchange Ban and the death of many of the alt coins that have no real use cases. I think that a lot of us here already know that there is a lot of shit coins that will die off at some point.

https://youtu.be/Lxa-UhYTudo

Sony

Nintendo
I have to say it's good for me that I don't have fiat to spend on crypto, it's really calming and I can't do shit about FOMO because I have nothing to invest =p

jamsy

Fuck, wish I sold off my NEO and bought more ARK.

Is it a bad move to buy more ARK now? I bought some a little while back at like $1.50 and now it's over twice that...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Fuck, wish I sold off my NEO and bought more ARK.

Is it a bad move to buy more ARK now? I bought some a little while back at like $1.50 and now it's over twice that...
Huge amount of ARK are being bought and sold on Bittrex right now... Thousands of them together.

I would say that everything under 5 $ is still cheap. But looks like it found new support level at 70k

bigedole

This stuff is so shady though. Feels like we're all helpless at the whims of the whales. 5 minutes ago there was over 100 btc worth of wall between 780 and 800, now there's only 80. Someone is just putting up ARK on the sell books to make it look like it can't go higher than that, then buying and removing that sell order.

Oh well. Guess this is why we HODL.

Edit: Just a quick edit to clarify a little better for anyone who is new to crypto... if you think a coin is a good long term investment, it's very dangerous to play the day trading game with it. For one, you already believe it's going to end up significantly higher than the level of support it already has, and two while there are absolutely wonderful short term profits available, it's very easy to mistake a spike for a fluctuation and be stuck under a new floor. What's happening with ARK right now happened almost exactly like this 2 weeks ago, when the floor was in the 350-400 range. It spiked up and quite a few people sold between 400 and 500 hoping to make a quick profit when they bought back in, except the floor came back in at 500-520. I'm guessing the new floor will be in the 700-720 range, but be wary! Ultimately, I'm one of those who thinks ARK is going to $10+ in the next 6-9 months, but we all know how fast things can happen in the crypto world!

This stuff is so shady though. Feels like we're all helpless at the whims of the whales. 5 minutes ago there was over 100 btc worth of wall between 780 and 800, now there's only 80. Someone is just putting up ARK on the sell books to make it look like it can't go higher than that, then buying and removing that sell order.

This is the way all coins work.

We are always at the whim of the whales, riding the currents they create

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
As someone who as a little over a grand to invest in cryptocurrencies as a newbie, would it be smart to jump on the ARK train now? What about Civic, Ripple, NEM, Stratis, or BAT?

As someone who as a little over a grand to invest in cryptocurrencies as a newbie, would it be smart to jump on the ARK train now? What about Civic, Ripple, NEM, Stratis, or BAT?

ARK is rising, but has yet to create a clear support line. ARK is always long term, so you haven't missed the boat.

Civic is another long/mid term coin, cheap but it just had a major jump as well. Could level off again.

Ripple has too many coins to take seriously, the price will always be cheap.

BAT is a good short term coin atm, major release is (hopefully) coming out in a week or two. I'm holding BAT to ride the short term pump when the release hits. BAT is a steady coin, it won't get much cheaper than 20 cents and has potential for good growth

Edit: ARK is getting me close to my first 2K profit line. Never would have dreamed this shit in a million years.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Do your own research. Don't worry about "being too late". People thought it was "too late" to invest in BTC when it was $100, $1000, $2000, etc.

As for which coin, just do some research before deciding. I wouldn't put all of my money in one basket but would probably spread it over 3 or so coins.

Edit: Just a quick edit to clarify a little better for anyone who is new to crypto... if you think a coin is a good long term investment, it's very dangerous to play the day trading game with it. For one, you already believe it's going to end up significantly higher than the level of support it already has, and two while there are absolutely wonderful short term profits available, it's very easy to mistake a spike for a fluctuation and be stuck under a new floor. What's happening with ARK right now happened almost exactly like this 2 weeks ago, when the floor was in the 350-400 range. It spiked up and quite a few people sold between 400 and 500 hoping to make a quick profit when they bought back in, except the floor came back in at 500-520. I'm guessing the new floor will be in the 700-720 range, but be wary! Ultimately, I'm one of those who thinks ARK is going to $10+ in the next 6-9 months, but we all know how fast things can happen in the crypto world!

Yeah, it's how this whole darn market works which is unfortunate. The last 2 days I have been waiting for OMG to drop in price since the volume is low on how much money is coming in. I was keeping an eye to the buy/sell walls for shits and giggles, you can see these whales bringing one down as they would bring the other back up just messing with the prices. I said screw it this morning and just bought more OMG at the lowest it has been in the last few days. My luck, the price will go lower in the next few days which is how it always works.....but this is a long term investment for me with OMG. It sucks that they just won't allow the price to drop to a certain point so we can buy cheaper. ;)

People didn't want to buy Eth at $10 because they had the opportunity to buy at $5. Don't be that person :)

Yea, I bought in at $1.20, $1.60, $2.40, and $2.70. I worried about being late on all of them, but took the shot anyway haha. Feels good atm. Just wish my other coins could perform like that.

bigedole

Research whatever you're considering buying and think about what you want that purchase to be. Do you want to take a risk on something that could blow up and return 100x? Do you want something with high volume to try and flip for 5-10% gains? Do you want a slow and steady return on a solid project that weathers market fluctuations well? Because you named coins that fit each of those, and each of those obviously have very different investing mindsets.

And of course, only invest what you're comfortable losing. The entire crypto market could be shut down by the new world order tomorrow :)

Top Bottom