• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 Box Art Leaked through Origin [Update: Large Banner Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

J33Cf.jpg

Thanks, though that's the Norwegian one, the one in the OP is Swedish. But I suppose they both can come out on the same day.

So basically no one can make any sense of the ending to Crysis 2.

The confusing thing is why would anyone care, the game isn't very good with story or character so why would the main guy being taken over by someone just as dull as him mean anything.

In 3 we are still going to be just a hand holding a gun.

DarkChild

Banned
I really hope that this is PC & nextgen title.
I don't. I think Crysis 3 should be swan song for this generation and than new IP next gen.

Tiago Sousa (lead gfx engineer) said there is more to push on GPU side on 360, and that both consoles can give a bit more on CPU side. I hope my 360 catches fire when I boot this beast!

Metal-Geo

Maybe it's Big Ben on the left and the Sydney Opera House on the right?
Hopefully. But the building on the left looks like the Empire State building to me.

Another city environment wouldn't bother me much. But if it's New York again... argh.

derFeef

Oh, Crysis 3 has dinosaurs? Eff yeah ;)
On a serious note, I would not mind some more interesting enemies this time, Crytek :p

Looks like Sydney.

With big ben to the left... holy shit, the aliens smashing up the planet so that all different landmasses end up next to each other would rock.

You could clime the Eiffel Tower to get out of the Grand Canyon, you could slide down a pyramid in order to get to the UN Headquarters.

panty

With big ben to the left... holy shit, the aliens smashing up the planet so that all different landmasses end up next to each other would rock.

You could clime the Eiffel Tower to get out of the Grand Canyon, you could slide down a pyramid in order to get to the UN Headquarters.

Well that thing on the right looks like the Sydney Opera House.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
way too early. this game will bomb.

I have a feeling it will be Crysis 2 with a different city and a bow.

Color me disappointed.

NBtoaster

Ending of Crysis 2 highlights London, Hawaii, somewhere in Eastern Europe, Sydney and I think Hong Kong..

See:
<<<<spoilers>>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-5T19v3zliY#t=127s

Tzeentch

-- Crysis 2 looked great and was fun to play single-player, but had a dead-end multiplayer and terrible story. The CryEngine development kit has basically bombed too, so hopefully they can resurrect interest with this.

Sojgat

With the ending of 2 my reading of it was that
Alcatraz was injured so badly that he essentially died and the suit, which still had Prophet's consciousnes on board, merged the two.
It seems to only make sense in a vague sort of way.

DarkChild

Banned
-- Crysis 2 looked great and was fun to play single-player, but had a dead-end multiplayer and terrible story. The CryEngine development kit has basically bombed too, so hopefully they can resurrect interest with this.
Not true at all. It was downloaded in record numbers.

Well that thing on the right looks like the Sydney Opera House.

That's what I mean, England and Australia smashed together, Big Ben Opera house a stones throw from on another.

Ending of Crysis 2 highlights London, Hawaii, somewhere in Eastern Europe, Sydney and I think Hong Kong..

See:
<<<<spoilers>>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-5T19v3zliY#t=127s

All those places at the same time or I'm disapointed.

With the ending of 2 my reading of it was that
Alcatraz was injured so badly that he essentially died and the suit, which still had Prophet's consciousnes on board, merged the two.
It seems to only make sense in a vague sort of way.

But why should I (the player) care?

Am I suppose to keep reminding myself that the hand holding the gun is actually a guy who merged with another guy through a suit?
There's no real affect from it.

AHA-Lambda

So basically no one can make any sense of the ending to Crysis 2.

Pretty much, hell it was hard to make sense of crysis 2's story in general, bloody horrendous stuff there -_-

Well colour me disappointed with this announcement, seem too early after crysis 2. Plus, after buying crysis 2 day one, this will be a rental and no more (then again i'm getting pickier about the games i do buy nowadays =/).

The music indeed was incredible!

I do agree with this though, bring back Hans Zimmer and i'll buy the OST :lol

DarkChild

Banned
Pretty much, hell it was hard to make sense of crysis 2's story in general, bloody horrendous stuff there -_-

Well colour me disappointed with this announcement, seem too early after crysis 2. Plus, after buying crysis 2 day one, this will be a rental and no more (then again i'm getting pickier about the games i do buy nowadays =/).
When they show the footage you will sing a different song :p

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so from the looks of it it's coming pretty soon :(

I was hoping for a nextgen title. Especially considering it's no 3.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
way too early. this game will bomb.

I have a feeling it will be Crysis 2 with a different city and a bow.

Color me disappointed.

By the time it comes out it will have been at least 2 years. It's unlikely they'll release Crysis 3 this fall when they already have Warface planned.

As far as location goes, what if it was an under water city? In any case, it's highly unlikely the whole game will take place in a city again next time.

AHA-Lambda

When they show the footage you will sing a different song :p

If it is the same as crysis 2, then really i don't think i will =/

Hans Zimmer did like, one track.

This trend of hiring big-name composers and then having them do one freakin' song while someone else does the rest needs to stop.

really? didnt know that o_O

well get back all the guys from last time and i'll buy the ost then :p

GrizzNKev

Banned
Hans Zimmer did like, one track.

This trend of hiring big-name composers and then having them do one freakin' song while someone else does the rest needs to stop.

Agreed. Hans Zimmer shouldn't have been on at all, his stuff was the worst part of the soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom