• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG Kojima Interview on Metal Gear Solid V (User-generated missions, MGO confirmed)

Introducting a new game mode:

CAPTURE THE KAZ

007_1.gif

Really excited for it. Plus MGO in an open world setting ? Yes please.

MormaPope

Banned
The only thing I can think that he might do is make you shoot and kill child soldiers. That would be pretty unsettling I think.

So excited for this game.

I would not doubt that event happening. It'll probably be a gameplay choice that the player can choose to make. Sneak around and be non confrontational with child soldiers or treat them like adult soldiers and shoot them dead.

This might sound really fucked up, but I welcome this concept or idea with open arms. There was a German child soldier unit in World War 2, there have been militia styled child soldiers in the Middle East and Africa. Children have fought and died on the battlefield, not owning up to that in a game about race and war is negligent.

Infinity Ward is so ball-less that they have you murder an airport full of adults, but terrorist cells using children as suicide bombers or child soldiers is a big no no. Gotta keep entertaining violence away from thought and emotion.

Excellent news. Some of my fondest memories of MGS4 aren't from the campaign, but from making up custom games with people in MGO.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So now he's saying "we haven't decided" even though he retweeted Ken Imaizumi saying that GZ and TPP made up MGSV?

To be fair that tweet didn't proof shit, it just said GZ and TPP together will be MGSV that doesn't mean it will sell as ONLY ONE GAME.

Salaadin

I hope they bring back Konami ID just so I can read the gaf thread.

So now he's saying "we haven't decided" even though he retweeted Ken Imaizumi saying that GZ and TPP made up MGSV?

The day they confirmed TPP was MGS5, Kojima said the same thing...something like "Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain make up MGS5". The whole thing has always been confusing. The wording makes it seem like they are one but I really think they mean that its one story...but its going to be told across both games.

Jb

I still hope they will have coop in the game. It was so well implemented in Peace Walker that it would be a shame for them not to use those lessons in this game.

Have you watched The Hobbit yet?

I still hope they will have coop in the game. It was so well implemented in Peace Walker that it would be a shame for them not to use those lessons in this game.

Yeah I'm interested in that, so far it only looks like they've shown the GZ mission, and the first two PP missions (hospital escape and rescue Miller), these are all single player, but also before any base building will begin, so it's not clear what will follow. I could see them only having Co-op as a side mission thing this time around.

To clarify, will Ground Zeroes be part of The Phantom Pain or released separately?

So you can think of it that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is the big game and within that the first prologue to it is Ground Zeroes.

As you saw in the trailer, The Phantom Pain provides a vast world where the player can really go anywhere and get lost. But for past Metal Gear fans used to a linear experience it would probably be hard for them to get used to that without having a prologue and a way to get used to it. So Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes is an interpretation to really give them a very short, smaller version of that scale.

In The Phantom Pain there are real-life day and night cycles but in Ground Zeroes the weather doesn't change and it's at night time. This is to help the past Metal Gear fans to get used to the fact that it's now open-world.

Man, he really doesn't have much faith in his fans does he lol? We're not imbeciles Kojima, it's not hard to adapt to some different gameplay.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm still very curious about what we can expect to do in the open world settings. The player created missions sound good, but I'm hoping for special side missions and locations to explore.

I'm gonna be very disappointed if it's mostly just the main missions to do, with just massive ground to cover. I'm not expecting Fallout, but I do hope it's like RDR at least.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Put C4 on a horse, get off the horse in the middle of the road, watch and wait for an enemy to go near or mount the horse, detonate the C4.

Put C4 all over the horses's face and ride straight into a group of enemies. Jump off horse and detonate.

To be fair that tweet didn't proof shit, it just said GZ and TPP together will be MGSV that doesn't mean it will sell as ONLY ONE GAME.

Ken saying that "Ground Zeros + The Phantom Pain = MGSV" seemed pretty clear. Kojima also said in that interview that Ground Zeroes was meant to ease people into the new gameplay style, so if they release it separately not everyone who buys MGSV will have GZ.

UNLESS they put Ground Zeroes up on PSN/XBL for like $15 bucks and also include it in the retail release. That is actually pretty smart, business wise. MGS fans will pay extra to play it early.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Kojima Productions, If you read this:

- Please keep the ingame chatbox
- Please keep the teamsneak mode
- Please keep the character customization/ shop

A new MGO. Oh my god.

1. Get some fucking decent servers for fucks sake.

2. Drop any goddamn extra konami account requirements.

3. Keep dat headshot damage fuck the haters.

4. Don't region lock the servers. At least allow switching. I fucking hate not being able to play with my brother. You are supposed to take advantage of the online aspect not limit it.

But yes please GIVE IT ME

Headshot damage wasn't the problem, it was the stupid fucking invincibility frames that made anything other than headshots absolutely useless.

Mr. RHC

I feel like this gif is going to become the equivalent of the itshappening.gif - not complaining, love em both!

Also excited for MGO. Never got to play it back in the day

Oh you missed something! You will hear about the legends in MGO3, minstrels will sing about it in the chats! ^^

ezekial45

Banned
I wish I enjoyed MGO as much as you guys did. I only played twice during MGS4's launch and never went back.

I hope they got some talented devs at the LA office working on it. Since its in the LA area, they might've landed some guys from the various developers in the area.

Buntabox

Those headlines. Hot damn. This game is too far off (most likely).

It's been too long since a mainline release. Only played MGO first the first few months and I missed out on the last days before shutdown. I had just moved and no internet =(

After spending 4 years and over 2000 hours on MGO, I'm glad they're bringing it back. Midas well save up my money now, because I'm probably going to get fired for never showing up to work and always being on MGO.

Exr

New MGO is the most exciting news I've read so far about this game, and I'm already frothing at the mouth for it.

Top Bottom