• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG Kojima Interview on Metal Gear Solid V (User-generated missions, MGO confirmed)

Dunk#7

I really hope they keep MGO similar to MGO2. It is my favorite multiplayer game of all time minus the glitches and problematic hit detection. Everything else was great.

PLEASE DON'T CHANGE MGO TOO MUCH.

You can make additions, but please keep the core gameplay and modes.

Bishop89

They should set up the Konami ID registration process, NOW!
For the love of god kojima, no dont do it! The game is sounding amazing and im stoked to hear mgo is back. Konami setup really turned me off from playing it for long.

Still Unsure why they are unsure how they are going to package the "2" titles, I was told they would both b on same disc

I really hope they keep MGO similar to MGO2. It is my favorite multiplayer game of all time minus the glitches and problematic hit detection. Everything else was great.

PLEASE DON'T CHANGE MGO TOO MUCH.

You can make additions, but please keep the core gameplay and modes.
^ this guys knows it. I really don't want 32 players online or large maps. Keep the lobbies, the text chat(which surprises me that no other FPS/TPS even implement this), etc in MGO3. Especially the humor such as skills like charm or the mags. That's one of the best part about MGO.

Hopefully they put up a beta up like they did with the MGO2.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
WOah" open-world sneaking, and horses.

Mr. X

Headshot damage wasn't the problem, it was the stupid fucking invincibility frames that made anything other than headshots absolutely useless.

Don't forget the flinching after neckshots or not in kill range headshots. People could line up during the flinch and shoot as soon as they recovered.

RedSwirl

MGSV was nearly my game of the show but this now confirms it.

Fuck COD Ghosts
Fuck BF4
Fuck Destiny
Fuck Titanfall

MGO is gonna be my online shooter of next gen.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Which is to say, metal gear solid 5 is my most anticipated title since the products will likely be bundled together.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ongside-mgs-5/

My only concern is that since it's being developed by a western division, it might be leaning toward the CoD gameplay style.

The emphasis on head shots in mgo1 and mgo2 may have turned away some beginners but it meant a more skill based shooter since getting kills was very reliant on your analog stick aiming ability, and less so on getting the drop on your opponent and map awareness (CoD).

On the plus side i would trust a western developer to place a greater emphasis on tighter netcode for a shooter.

Additional general hopes for mgo3:

- no konami id
- no perks (or at least no grinding for perks/gear)
- same japanese quirkiness (capture the flag turning into capture the frog/KEROTAN and the duck/GA-KO)
- another absolutely BLOOD PUMPING, ADRENALINE GUSHING, KICK ASS OST.

favorite ost tracks for when i needed to kick some ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRHRA...731EA&index=26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LCSb...731EA&index=10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovzgl1RO4AQ

what are your hopes and dreams?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MGO? MGO!?

iez9fgb7vciush7qhn.gif

(Please don't be entirely different...)

o god, this is me.

web01

MGO by US studio = do not want.
They will fuck it up for sure.
Wouldn't be surprised if most the devs on the US team never even played MGO1 or 2 before themselves, it was a niche game on western and european servers. Very small but hardcore dedicated player base. Also there was a very large Japanese player base so any significant changes could anger and turn them away too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No thank you, I don't need MGO. Too many unbalanced things and headshot exploits the previous three outings for me to give a damn about that. Unless Kojima Productions LA has slapped Kojima's suggestions for it down to make it a better balanced and more listened to multiplayer.

AND if they actually fix exploits that Kojima Productions never did because of the English/Japanese barrier on international servers, that'd be great.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
User created missions? A way to extend the singleplayer gameplay beyond getting ranks and easter eggs?

FINALLY MGS2'S TRUE SUCCESSOR HAS ARRIVED. THIS IS A HUGE PLUS FOR ME. ALTERNATIVE MISSIONS ARE BACK :0

No thank you, I don't need MGO. Too many unbalanced things and headshot exploits the previous three outings for me to give a damn about that. Unless Kojima Productions LA has slapped Kojima's suggestions for it down to make it a better balanced and more listened to multiplayer.

AND if they actually fix exploits that Kojima Productions never did because of the English/Japanese barrier on international servers, that'd be great.
This. Metal Gear Online is one of the most unfun experiences I've ever had and I deeply regret buying two of its expansion packs.

MGO by US studio = do not want.
They will fuck it up for sure.
Wouldn't be surprised if most the devs on the US team never even played MGO1 or 2 before themselves, it was a niche game on western and european servers. Very small but hardcore dedicated player base. Also there was a very large Japanese player base so any significant changes could anger and turn them away too.
What kind of racism is that?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
" The other reason for the game going open-world is that we wanted to use multiple devices for this game. So using tablets and smart phones you can also enjoy MGSV and create user-generated missions within the world. That's another reason we had to go open-world - if it was linear we wouldn't be able to do that."

ugh, I hope you don't NEED a tablet to create your own missions.

I don't even need a map editor, just let me make an objective location, place guards in certain spots with patrol routes that I can define, and export these scenarios to other players like Little Big Planet. I would fucking be doing that for the rest of my life.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Konami/KojiPro please do not fuck up MGO3 like you did with 2. It was so much fun until you let the cheating assholes ruin it.

jsnepo

Konami/KojiPro please do not fuck up MGO3 like you did with 2. It was so much fun until you let the cheating assholes ruin it.

Since the LA branch of KojiPro is working on this, I doubt they will not give a fuck about regions other than Japan which is what they did in the previous game.

Brera

Banned
MGO was fucking awful.

Too many cunts running around with knives. I learned a valuable lesson that day. Don't bother jumping through hoops for shit.

Top Bottom