• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG secret WiiU news follow-up Rumor: 3D Mario to launch by October

Daingurse

I'd argue that having good online (i.e. that you can play an FPS online nearly flawless) is less of an option for much more people than it is finding someone to play local multiplayer with.

And your point? Who is talking about removing local multiplayer? Did I not say Couch Coop is the best coop? All my friends are in Illinois and I live in fucking PHX. If it wasn't for my brother I'd have noone to play local multiplayer with. Many people cannot take advantage of local multiplayer options, they have no value for them. Online multiplayer does.

Javier

So any time you wanna play some multi you just call your boys up and they come over? No wonder there's only 1000 people playing Black Ops U, everyone's on dat local multi jawn!
I play single player or with my siblings. Me and my friends get together every Saturday for StreetPass sharing and sometimes get together at someone's house and we play whatever, from Smash Bros. to Mario Kart to Monster Hunter to Just Dance. And this is coming from someone who is 30 years old and has a job.

And your point? Who is talking about removing local multiplayer? Did I not say Couch Coop is the best coop? All my friends are in Illinois and I live in fucking PHX. If it wasn't for my brother I'd have noone to play local multiplayer with. Many people cannot take advantage of local multiplayer options, they have no value for them. Online multiplayer does.
Did you not even bother reading the post everyone was responding to? Mileena's post was laughing at the thought of people still playing local multiplayer, that's why people responded so harshly.

I don't think anyone would disagree that having both is best.

I usually find more value in local coop as I play most games with my girlfriend. Online multiplayer only games on console have lesser value to me as I can't play those with my girlfriend.

Mileena

Banned
I play single player or with my siblings. Me and my friends get together every Saturday for StreetPass sharing and sometimes get together at someone's house and we play whatever, from Smash Bros. to Mario Kart to Monster Hunter to Just Dance. And this is coming from someone who is 30 years old and has a job.
That's the problem. I want to play Monster Hunter every day, not once a week. With no online mode that literally wouldn't be possible and I'd hate the game. Local and online multi are both equally important in a game like that, one or the other just will not cut it.

Darryl

Banned
So any time you wanna play some multi you just call your boys up and they come over? No wonder there's only 1000 people playing Black Ops U, everyone's on dat local multi jawn!

i've always seen video games as more of a fallback when you decide to hang out and start running out of stuff to do.

what about the people who live in PHX and have no friends in Illinois nor PHX so they buy Mario Party because it has online so they start joining random matches and it's just a huge cesspit of people fucking with each other?

Javier

That's the problem. I want to play Monster Hunter every day, not once a week. With no online mode that literally wouldn't be possible and I'd hate the game. Local and online multi are both equally important in a game like that, one or the other just will not cut it.
Honestly? I wish you would have said this at the beginning of your first post as this is something I can definitely sympathize with more. With the way you phrased your words at first it shouldn't be a mystery why so many people replied the way they did.

Oersted

I moved halfway across the country for a job. I can't play local multi with my friends because they all also grew up and moved on with life. Therefor we play games online. You crazies defending Nintendo for being too incompetent to implement such a simple option are just part of the reason the company lives in the past. Thanks, really.

You keep ignoring that Nintendo games have online MP. You keep acting like local MP ran over your dog. Keep it classy.

Hint: Capcom is not Nintendo.

I don't give a damn what you find more value in. She's laughing because it's hilarious in this day and age to place preference on local CooP over online. Not everyone has access to local coop, as I explained. I'm not coming in this thread again, have no patience for the obtuse people up in here.

And he can give a damn what you see less value in. Choices. Its fine to have them.

Daingurse

Did you not even bother reading the post everyone was responding to? Mileena's post was laughing at the thought of people still playing local multiplayer, that's why people responded so harshly.

I don't think anyone would disagree that having both is best.

I usually find more value in local coop as I play most games with my girlfriend. Online multiplayer only games on console have lesser value to me as I can't play those with my girlfriend.

I don't give a damn what you find more value in. She's laughing because it's hilarious in this day and age to place preference on local CooP over online. Not everyone has access to local coop, as I explained. I'm not coming in this thread again, have no patience for the obtuse people up in here.

DaBoss

And you're calling them obtuse? Wow...

Can't believe you're actually defending Mileena for his original post. I prefer online to local co-op too since I can't do local co-op often, but I understand some people prefer co-op.

And the person you were quoting was stating time and time again that was his opinion/stance about local co-op and explained why people responded to Mileena's post in a certain tone.

You should stay out of this thread since you don't seem to have reading comprehension.

Javier

Come on, man. I mean, really?

DaBoss

I hope 3D Mario truly looks next gen, just so the naysayers will stop spouting "Wii U is not next gen"

Tech-wise it isn't, chronologically it is. It's black and white simple, if you can't accept that, then you're going to have a difficult time on GAF.

One of the problems pervading all of gaming right now is the thought that everything needs to be online.

It doesn't. Games can still be incredible when played alone or with friends locally, and if the design of the game dictates that, shoehorning in online is a mistake. It will bring down the almighty metacritic rating where leaving it out and focusing on the single player or local multiplayer alone and not giving a hint of online would not.

If they have co-op using the gamepad screen I don't see why they couldn't do online. I want to play this with friends who can't make it to my house or who live elsewhere. There really is no problem, if they add it in it would increase my enjoyment of the game.

Hermii

I hope 3D Mario truly looks next gen, just so the naysayers will stop spouting "Wii U is not next gen"

The specs arent anywhere near PS4, so stop hoping for that. But when you look at how awesome galaxy looks on Wii running 60fps, you can be sure this is going to be a beautiful game.

Meelow

Banned
Tech-wise it isn't, chronologically it is. It's black and white simple, if you can't accept that, then you're going to have a difficult time on GAF.

The specs arent anywhere near PS4, so stop hoping for that. But when you look at how awesome galaxy looks on Wii running 60fps, you can be sure this is going to be a beautiful game.

Doesn't matter what the specs are, as long as the game looks next gen is fine by me :)

DaBoss

Doesn't matter what the specs are, as long as the game looks next gen is fine by me :)

Why should someone give a shit whether it looks next-gen or not? You should be fine if the game looks fantastic? SMG wasn't "next-gen" when it came out, but it had fantastic visuals. The same will apply here.

Why should someone give a shit whether it looks next-gen or not? You should be fine if the game looks fantastic? SMG wasn't "next-gen" when it came out, but it had fantastic visuals. The same will apply here.
I think you might be taking what he says a bit too literally.

DaBoss

I think you might be taking what he says a bit too literally.

Probably lol. Reading over the post again, it seems I came off aggressive, which I did not intend to do, so I apologize for that.

Though I've just noticed Meelow always hung up on the term "next-gen".

Moxx19

Banned

To be fair, while it isn't much better than this generation of consoles, it is finally a leap forward for Nintendo games, studios, and their franchises. So at least it'll look next gen by Nintendo standards.

Top Bottom