• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

tebunker

Banned
UH.... cradle of coaches. Briles, Sumlin, Herman. But of course not good enough to be a power program.

Because reasons.

I mean, I guess. What have any of these dudes actually accomplished though?

I do think that Tom Herman may end up being the best out of all of these, but honestly it wasn't because of UH.

Granted, this dude is gonna go H2H with Saban every year, so we will find out real quick how good he really is. Recruiting is king. LSU has a solid base and is a decent program, but dude is now competing for a different level of player against a different level of recruiters.

andycapps

Texas fans now.

LJr2MYG.gif

FootballScoop is reporting not necessarily all over according to some of their sources at Texas. They're claiming Texas officials are on their way to meet with Herman right now.

cashman

Banned
"Texas: Sources tell FootballScoop representatives of the University of Texas do not believe Tom Herman has agreed to become LSU’s next head coach and are on there way now to meet with his representatives. This is getting real…"

@PeterBurnsESPN
My best guess: Herman rumors tonight was a signal to UT brass for them to expedite their decision. Nothing more nothing less. Agents game.

I mean, Herman has at least got to hear from Texas right? If only to drive his price up.

SCChappy

Banned
If this really is just calling Texas out then the school needs to get its head out of its ass and pay attention

Herman clearly wants the job at UT if that's true

cashman

Banned
@DanWolken
If you're leaking that a deal could be in place 48 hours from now you're sending a message, not negotiating

Jesus Texas.. how'd you guys fuck up this situation this badly..

Helton was staying at USC.. you had it.

And now LSU possibly snaked Tom right under your nose while you were hemming and hawing..

Yeesh.. you had better give him everything he wants and sit the boosters down and get them to calm the fuck down or you are gonna fuck Tom up like you did Charlie.

ag-my001

I was expecting something like this, so whatever. 8-4 is still a lot better than what I thought heading into the season.

At least I get to laugh my butt off at Texas' expense.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
That same cupcake schedule that includes 3 wins over top 10 teams?
Seriously, the difference in the scheduling is Nebraska and Northwestern for tOSU versus Illinois and Iowa for Michigan, which is entirely out of both teams' control.

ag-my001

Huh, I heard that the toss handoff was why LSU didn't get the touchdown last week.

Sure looks effective against us.

We could use another consultant on staff.

Alabama has contacted Herman because Saban is on his way to Texas. Saban wants to rebuild the Texas program and win a national championship in Austin which would make him the only coach to win championships at 3 schools. His wife also loves Austin and they want to retire there

The only saving grace for Michigan is that Ohio is even worse.

Go Wolverines.

The gap in Texas was less than 10% which is a lot closer than I expected. However dems shouldn't get too excited in thinking Texas is almost blue because if Cruz was the GOP nom, he would have won by 30%+ so w/e. The fact that a New York City values businessman was voted for in Texas, when Texas historically hates NY is a testament to how red Texas is imo

ryseing

look on the bright side. after we fuck yall up tomorrow you get a new coach.

It's not gonna happen. We're not allowed to have nice things.

Us getting a new coach that is. Y'all are going to kick ass and take names. I've already accepted it.

That same cupcake schedule that includes 3 wins over top 10 teams?

Still no good road wins m8. I'll STFU if you win Saturday but OSU has wins @Wisconsin and @Oklahoma.

Wait a minute....Orgeron at LSU led his team to a 5-2 record as head coach, and a 7-4 season overall, yet he is definitely getting replaced while Charlie Strong could save his job by winning tomorrow and finishing 6-6?

So dumb

@JonSolomonCBS
Since 2014, Texas A&M is the 5th SEC team to lose 3+ games after getting ranked in the top 4 of the initial CFP rankings.

jfkgoblue

Wait a minute....Orgeron at LSU led his team to a 5-2 record as head coach, and a 7-4 season overall, yet he is definitely getting replaced while Charlie Strong could save his job by winning tomorrow and finishing 6-6?

So dumb

It's like those 2 schools have their expectations swapped

Top Bottom