• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk shooter RUINER releases on PS4, Xbox One & PC on September 26 + New Trailer

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely excited for Ruiner as it's being released two days before my birthday and im on vacation that week. Woohoo!!!

Trailer was the same as E3 but with the last 20 seconds being different. Just need to know the price.

Taker34

Banned
From what I've played, you go to what feel like dungeons where it's all about combat. You go from one wave to another, with usually respite in between to heal up. When you go back to the city, it's a typical hub with quests, dialogue, etc.
ruiner_game_exploration_by_bondgeek-dbktsbp.gif

ruiner_game_map_by_bondgeek-dbktsmt.jpg
Wow that looks fantastic, insta purchase!

Sidewalks and Skeletons music + Susumu Hirasawa music = 10/10 soundtrack!
Let alone how much I love cyberpunk anyway, this is so bought. September/October is so crazy for games.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So in which terrible ways I have to debase myself in order to get a new Crusader game in this style?

Hey Devolver, are you listening?

Karak

It is just crazy how much these kinds of games are getting much better word of mouth now as well. Am jumping on this one.

Espada

It is just crazy how much these kinds of games are getting much better word of mouth now as well. Am jumping on this one.

That's definitely a good thing, as one of the things that always gets me down is seeing a fun smaller title get lost amidst a ton of releases. Aside from creativity, I think one of the reasons why indies have such strong, varied, and experimental aesthetics is to catch as many eyes as possible before they get drowned out.

After looking at the various gameplay videos of this, I'll be picking it up fairly early (barring abysmal reviews). This thing looks like how I'd imagined top down games would look in the future.

Kildrek

I played this at pax south and it was very atmospheric and amazing combat.

I have been waiting for this to release for awhile now, it was like crusader, judge dredd, and blade runner in the feels

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I remember seeing this flashed at the Eric Devolver Show, and it looked interesting then. I like the bit of melee weaponry they show... it's good to have some, to break up the endless use of guns in gaming now-a-days.

Am I the only person completely tired of the cyberpunk aesthetic at this point?

It was cool a few years ago, but damn.

I'm much more tied of EVERYTHING having strong language in the ratings, tbh. But Cyberpunk? Why? It fits so nicely with the music, personality, and gameplay style that games so for, that it never feels unfitting.

If more Cyberpunk games meant I got more human / mecha hybrids that I could "kill"... and they'd still get up, due to said cybernetic parts, I'd love it forever. There's so many offshoots and directions to pursue in CyPunk, that I find it hard to tire of the genre. But I guess one could tire of certain over-used direction.

Aaron

So in which terrible ways I have to debase myself in order to get a new Crusader game in this style?

Hey Devolver, are you listening?
You're expecting EA to show that series the least bit of remorse? Come on. They don't have any regrets dumping it.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
This looks amazing. Are the levels randomly generated/is it a rogue like?

Based on the long gameplay videos I have seen, im pretty sure it's not but I could be wrong.

pswii60

Looks stunning with that lighting, certainly a great looking game.

It looks PERFECT for the PS4. Will definitely pick it up on PS4. This type of game feels at home on PS4. Can't wait to not play this game on the go, but at home on my comfy couch.

Yes you know what I did there.

Korigama

I remember only hearing about a PC version at first, so I wasn't expecting it on consoles so soon. Definitely interested.

Top Bottom