• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

cntr

Banned
2sY7QHV.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Performance was a let down IMO, but happy to see them walk away with AOTY if Kendrick didn't get it.

tanuki

Pretty sad to see Stevie phoning in the performance. Missed the cue for the first verse, fluffed the lyrics for the second verse, voice croaked during his own song. :(

The band was on fire though.

I would pay an obscene amount of money to see a live show in the same style as that Grammy performance. Not that I wouldn't also pay an obscene amount of money if they just did a sample-only performance with no live band. Just let me see you live, robots!

Any new word on remixes for RAM songs? Are they still planning on doing the whole album?

FoxSpirit

I would pay an obscene amount of money to see a live show in the same style as that Grammy performance. Not that I wouldn't also pay an obscene amount of money if they just did a sample-only performance with no live band. Just let me see you live, robots!

Any new word on remixes for RAM songs? Are they still planning on doing the whole album?
Yes please.

Daft Punk really deserved those Grammies... just not for this album. On the plus side, the vinyl is well made and if you own the CD you own yourself to get a sample of the vinyl. Much improved clarity and dynamics, if you crank it up, it's lovely. If only most of the songs weren't so boring :-\

MattDoza

Pretty sad to see Stevie phoning in the performance. Missed the cue for the first verse, fluffed the lyrics for the second verse, voice croaked during his own song. :(

The band was on fire though.

Man, what was that? Did they not rehearse? Or did maybe just HE (Stevie) not rehearse?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't even understand this world anymore.
Wonder was off the mark, and they just remixed in their old hits with Get Lucky, and didn't even mix or play anything other stuff from their new album. Disappointed man.

I think that one is going to do really well. Just an amazing opener and one of the best tracks on the album.

The average person that likes Get Lucky should love it as well.

Hot track, but are any of the vocoderized voices actually Daft Punk? The main one definitely sounds more like Pharrell, but the background vocals are hard to tell.

Top Bottom