• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

CRS

The Daft Punk remix is really mediocre. Some of the vocals sound really off like they were poorly chopped and actually a bit amateurish. Do appreciate the breakdowns though but that's about it.

The Daft Punk remix is really mediocre. Some of the vocals sound really off like they were poorly chopped and actually a bit amateurish. Do appreciate the breakdowns though but that's about it.

That's what I think as well. I love RAM and when I heard about DP doing Remixes I expected them to treat the songs like they treated the source material for their older songs and create something new with it. But this is hardly even a remix. It's an edit with some random and confusing vocal cuts... :/

edit: while this remix isn't exactly top notch, I expected something like that in the beginning from the official mix.

Dreaver

I agree the remix is not that interesting. I don't like the start and it feels there isn't really any progress. It feels like they quickly threw together a remix in 5 minutes for the fans who didn't like the RAM style.

It's not a bad song, and we might be a little over saturated with the millions of (awesome) Get Lucky remixes. What I do like about this remix is that it stays really true to the original.

CRS

I also feel like they were trying to cater to the fans that preferred Discovery more by adding that synth(?) at various portions of the track.

Whatever. I still love RAM and Game of Love is still one of the best tracks I've heard all year and the best track on the album.

Shearie

I like the remix...they don't have to be radically different to be good.

I really like how they end with the verse "...all ends with beginnings..." With the same instrumental loop at the start of the song.

Addi

Wasn't expecting much more than that when they said it would be an extended mix like artists would do in the start of the 80s. Would have liked more surprises though.

Foshy

...the suddenly chopped off vocals sound so bad and amateurish I can't believe this is an official remix. I like the flow, but technically, it's terrible.

So that's where this thread went. Well that's Silly.

Anyway, This is pretty terrible for an official remix. I though the official remixes were supposed to be for us silly people that loved Discovery, rather than an amateur sounding extend+chop jobs :/

Dany

Banned
The remix had moments but I wished it had a different sound. It was slightly disappointing and still not what I wanted out of DP.

I took a RAM break for Yeezy and J.Cole then the robots drop this remix single just before Jay's album what a summer for music one of the best in recent memory.

Addi

When is the ETA for the remix album?

I really hope they do a better job with the other songs.

They haven't even confirmed that they are doing a remix album. They just said they would try to remix some of the songs and decide what to do later on. I guess they released this one now to keep Get Lucky's momentum for the summer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So there's nowhere I can listen to the remix that isn't Spotify?

Sucks for all of us outside of the US, I guess :/

lupinko

This album is so great, I've been listening to it nonstop while driving and at work.

I like Touch with Paul Williams (best Penguin/Great songwriter for Carpenters) along with Give Life Back to Music, The Game of Love and Giorgio by Moroder especially.

I thought Touch was just a Paul Williams song but remixed by Daft Punk, turns out Paul Williams wrote the song, so go figure.

Ive been a fan of daft punks music forever it seems, and I am listening to this album for the first time right now. Pretty happy vibe so far, im three tracks deep.

RoKKeR

Just stumbled across this awesome Doin' It Right remix...

Doin' It Right (Sim Gretina Remix)

I like the original better because of how restrained and smooth it is, but this is definitely fun, high quality and feels like something you'd see Daft Punk doing live.

Speaking of which, any tour buzz?

Top Bottom