• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

IceCold

First check out this MJ/Daft Punk remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqY-6IBV1YM&feature=youtu.be

Remember those pics we saw of them in NYC?

It was for this I think:

oJ91Pcf.jpg

Azpbz1k.jpg

NetlYPF.jpg

vYbF7rw.jpg

wu6FSYU.jpg

GwG97iH.jpg

I4mZrJa.jpg

uqSFh30.jpg

More pics here:
http://www.thefrontrowview.com/2013/07/karlie-kloss-daft-punk-on-streets-of.html

3 months later and this album is still in my playlist constantly on repeat. The more I keep hearing it, the more I absolutely love it.

Homework and Discovery is a tie in my book but it surely defeats Human After All.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
3 months later and this album is still in my playlist constantly on repeat. The more I keep hearing it, the more I absolutely love it.

Homework and Discovery is a tie in my book but it surely defeats Human After All.

Human After All was the prologue to the catharsis of Alive, which emptied them out to prepare for this.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to this album months later, I realise my only problem with it is the name "Daft Punk".

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

It wasn't meant to be a negative thing. I really like the album, it just wasn't what I wanted from a new Daft Punk album back in April. Away from all the expectations -- again -- I'm liking it a lot.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I keep putting this record on just to have it on. It's just a pleasant day record and something their sound needed, especially after the moody HAA.

GhaleonEB

I keep putting this record on just to have it on. It's just a pleasant day record and something their sound needed, especially after the moody HAA.

Yeah. The album just makes me feel good. I'm slowly concluding that "Beyond" is the best song I've heard this year.

I got to drive my cousin's car to and from the coast this past week (I don't get to drive much since I don't own a car) and it's about 3 hours each way. I heard Get Lucky 5 or 6 times (and one remix)! I remembered people in the thread talking about hearing it on the radio earlier this summer, so I was pleasantly surprised that I got to hear it more than once in the car :p Goddamn that song makes you wanna go fast

majik13

Beyond intro feels like Super Mario Galaxy orchestral goodness

ibkntwoKqbfkFQ.gif

I'm amazed how WELL this album is actually produced - a bunch of details that wait to be discovered

I know this is old news now, but was just listing to the album for the 10th or so time now on youtube, and thought, holy shit, did some mario galaxy video just start playing?

Anyways, google brought me here...

MattDoza

Man, what a bummer. I thought the whole opening bit that Colbert was just messing with everyone. Still a pretty good show, though.

FYI: Daft Punk was to perform on The Colbert Report tonight, but didn't because of an Mtv dispute.

sphinx

the piano man
a rather new Daft Punk fan here so one question:

is "get lucky" represenative of the album? That song makes me feel happy and has a catchy beat so I'd like to hear a variety of songs that put me in that mood.

should I buy?

MattDoza

a rather new Daft Punk fan here so one question:

is "get lucky" represenative of the album? That song makes me feel happy and has a catchy beat so I'd like to hear a variety of songs that put me in that mood.
Lose Yourself to Dance and Give Life Back to Music are very similar and all feature Nile Rodgers(huge standout on the album).

The opportunity to check out music before buying it easy to do legally today. Hit up Spotify or whichever service you prefer. Give it a listen.

You know, I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I would pay so much money for a full-length album consisting of nothing but Giorgio Moroder talking over mellow Daft Punk music.

His voice is so goddamned soothing.

IceCold

Don't forget guys that Daft Punk will be playing today at the VMAs! Get hyped!

I expect Pharrell and Nile Rodgers to be there too.

MattDoza

Man, I really don't want to watch that whole show. Really, I don't want to see anything but Daft Punk. Anyone know when they're slotted to perform?

Don't forget guys that Daft Punk will be playing today at the VMAs! Get hyped!

I expect Pharrell and Nile Rodgers to be there too.

I hear now that they're only going to be presenting or even just attending with a video snippet or music video at most. I could very easily be wrong on this one, but an ad on spotify listed performers for the VMAs and then listed "with appearances from One Direction, Daft Punk...". Since it's known 1D are presenting an award... Doesn't bode well.

I've been excited for this for ages, too, so here's hoping for something awesome to happen!

Myriadis

Bought the album about 3 weeks ago and I just love it. My absolute favorite song is Giorgio by Moroder with the various styles and amazing solos, followed by the songs with Pharrell Williams, Motherboard, Contact and Give Life Back to Music. Weakest is, for me, Within and I'm also not too fond of the song by Paul Williams, Touch.

I wonder if someone else thinks that the album was made with the Vinyl version in mind, given that it is a homage to 70s,80s music. Giorgio by Moroder is an excellent end to Side 1, Within start Side 2 well and Touch is a good intro to Side 3. Don't know, feels a lot like this to me.

jambo

I hear now that they're only going to be presenting or even just attending with a video snippet or music video at most. I could very easily be wrong on this one, but an ad on spotify listed performers for the VMAs and then listed "with appearances from One Direction, Daft Punk...". Since it's known 1D are presenting an award... Doesn't bode well.

I've been excited for this for ages, too, so here's hoping for something awesome to happen!

Daft Punk couldn't perform on Colbert because they were already contracted to perform at the VMAs, so they'll be playing.

antipode

Yeah, explain that to me - are we getting a full "Lose Yourself to Dance" video? Or are all the singles for the album just getting 1 minute promos? Seems like we just got a promo for the Daft Punk remix of Get Lucky too.

IceCold

Yeah, explain that to me - are we getting a full "Lose Yourself to Dance" video? Or are all the singles for the album just getting 1 minute promos? Seems like we just got a promo for the Daft Punk remix of Get Lucky too.

No. They are not doing video clips, only promos like this. iirc one of the reasons they are doing this is because they were inspired by musicians from before the 80s when making the album - before video clips was really a thing. This is why they used old schools methods of promoting the album like billboards and SNL ads. Also I think they did this because when you have a short video like this, people tend to play them on repeat like 1000x times (remember the get lucky snippets and promo). It's more addictive.

IceCold

There's gonna be a Deluxe edition:

So what’s inside? According to Harder Faster Blogger, the box set will feature a full copy of Random Access Memories and the Japanese bonus track “Horizon” on disc one; Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky” remix, new Daft Punk remixes of “Lose Yourself to Dance” and “Instant Crush”, and more unreleased tracks on disc two; and a DVD including the collaborators series, “Get Lucky” teasers; “Lose Yourself To Dance” video; Random Access Memories unboxing video; “Get Lucky” remix teaser, and the video for “Instant Crush” on disc three. It will reportedly be released on December 31st. Adding validity to this report, RAM collaborator Paul Williams retweeted a link to the article.
http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/...om-access-memories-deluxe-edition-apparently/

Top Bottom