• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban to be featured on Capcom TV #18 (April 1st) + Famitsu next week

DMiz

Really do hope that this gets localized. The titles honestly don't need a dub, I think, moving forward; the sales expectations that Capcom has probably set for Ace Attorney largely consists of the same fans that are going to pick up this game, so long as they can get it in some translated format.

FluxWaveZ

Really do hope that this gets localized. The titles honestly don't need a dub, I think, moving forward; the sales expectations that Capcom has probably set for Ace Attorney largely consists of the same fans that are going to pick up this game, so long as they can get it in some translated format.

A dub? The series barely has any voice acting in the first place. Unless you mean "Igiari!", which I am wholeheartedly opposed to.

GSR

Key points of the articles (thanks in part to C-R's Ash):

• Barock we still don’t have a full transliteration is described as a legendary English prosecutor said to never let a defendant escape. He’s returning to court after 5 years. Known as “The Death God of the Old Bailey”.
  • It took about a year to come up with the name of the prosecutor. At first it was “Prosecutor Rivaal”, but that was a bit… yeah. There is a proper name origin for the name, but Takumi finds it embarrassing to talk about. He has a different font for “objection” to convey the “English”-ness of him.
  • Jury Battle: Each of the jury members have their own ideas about the case and you can get the not guilty verdict by finding the contradictions in, and between their ideas (think PLvsPW’s testimony-vs-testimony mechanic). Ryuunosuke can walk around during the trial as he’s thinking. The last argument is where you have your last chance to convince the jury of your client’s innocence.
  • If all jury members decide on guilty, then it’s over, but as long as a majority votes not guilty after the closing argument, you win. Takumi had considered a multiple-ending game at first, but in the end, settled on this.
  • During trials, you can question multiple witnesses at once and yell “HANG ON!” if one is acting up, much like PLvsPW.
  • Special attention has been paid to camerawork, a sense of space and eye movements of the characters.
  • Case one is called “The Adventure of the Grand Travelers.” The prosecutor is Taketsuchi Auchi, Payne’s ancestor.
  • Case one’s waiter witness is named Satoru Hosonaga. A mysterious, elaborately-dressed woman is also shown without a name.
  • As DLC, a special episode focused on Ryuunosuke and Asougi will be available 7/9 to 7/19 for free. The episode is called “Randst Magazine Special Edition”, and though it’s called out as a ‘game’, it’s not clear if it’ll be a full case. Randst Magazine comes from Strand Magazine, where the original Holmes stories were published.
  • The game’s limited edition will include a 48-page artbook and 10-track CD.

Whoops, didn't see L~A's update there!

L~A

Key points of the articles (thanks in part to C-R's Ash):

• Barock we still don’t have a full transliteration is described as a legendary English prosecutor said to never let a defendant escape. He’s returning to court after 5 years. Known as “The Death God of the Old Bailey”.
  • It took about a year to come up with the name of the prosecutor. At first it was “Prosecutor Rivaal”, but that was a bit… yeah. There is a proper name origin for the name, but Takumi finds it embarrassing to talk about. He has a different font for “objection” to convey the “English”-ness of him.
  • Jury Battle: Each of the jury members have their own ideas about the case and you can get the not guilty verdict by finding the contradictions in, and between their ideas (think PLvsPW’s testimony-vs-testimony mechanic). Ryuunosuke can walk around during the trial as he’s thinking. The last argument is where you have your last chance to convince the jury of your client’s innocence.
  • If all jury members decide on guilty, then it’s over, but as long as a majority votes not guilty after the closing argument, you win. Takumi had considered a multiple-ending game at first, but in the end, settled on this.
  • During trials, you can question multiple witnesses at once and yell “HANG ON!” if one is acting up, much like PLvsPW.
  • Special attention has been paid to camerawork, a sense of space and eye movements of the characters.
  • Case one is called “The Adventure of the Grand Travelers.” The prosecutor is Taketsuchi Auchi, Payne’s ancestor.
  • Case one’s waiter witness is named Satoru Hosonaga. A mysterious, elaborately-dressed woman is also shown without a name.
  • As DLC, a special episode focused on Ryuunosuke and Asougi will be available 7/9 to 7/19 for free. The episode is called “Randst Magazine Special Edition”, and though it’s called out as a ‘game’, it’s not clear if it’ll be a full case. Randst Magazine comes from Strand Magazine, where the original Holmes stories were published.
  • The game’s limited edition will include a 48-page artbook and 10-track CD.

Whoops, didn't see L~A's update there!

Nah, this is a much better way to put it than the simple copy/paste I did. Thanks for all the translations!

DMiz

A dub? The series barely has any voice acting in the first place. Unless you mean "Igiari!", which I am wholeheartedly opposed to.

No, I just mean with some of the incidental cutscenes and movies that we saw in Dual Destinies.

It's not a lot, but it's obviously something that an executive can bring up and just say, "We're not making this, there are extraneous costs!"

Nyoro SF

I really hope they don't do a joke localization of the title in regards to setting. It looks like a lot of love and care was put in the game to match character design elements into the appropriate time and place in regards to the historical set pieces (even with the added fantasy and literary fiction concepts).

It would be a huge waste and disservice if they try writing the dialogue with willful ignorance of location and time period just to keep a running joke going.

VegiHam

I really hope they don't do a joke localization of the title in regards to setting. It looks like a lot of love and care was put in the game to match character design elements into the appropriate time and place in regards to the historical set pieces (even with the added fantasy and literary fiction concepts).

It would be a huge waste and disservice if they try writing the dialogue with willful ignorance of location and time period just to keep a running joke going.
Don't worry, it's not getting localised.

No but seriously I don't see them doing that. It's easier to just kind of handwave it. 'This is Phoenix Wright's great-great-grandad. Nick is part Japanese.' Explained.

Though I hope they still translate the names. Jokey names are a key part of the franchise.

MrBadger

As I think I said in another DGS thread, do people think they need to explain the ancestry at all? I'm not expecting modern day Wright to appear or be addressed at all. I'm expecting a standalone story where fans will notice which characters are ancestors to modern day ones and everyone else will just be along for the ride. The whole Japanifornia thing will just be a minor, slightly awkward thing that exists but never gets addressed since in the Japanese version it won't need to be.

VegiHam

As I think I said in another DGS thread, do people think they need to explain the ancestry at all? I'm not expecting modern day Wright to appear or be addressed at all. I'm expecting a standalone story where fans will notice which characters are ancestors to modern day ones and everyone else will just be along for the ride. The whole Japanifornia thing will just be a minor, slightly awkward thing that exists but never gets addressed since in the Japanese version it won't need to be.
Not in the game. I figure it might come up in interviews. The eShop description might mention Phoenix.

L~A

Ok, looks like DGS will also be showcased during this week's episode of Capcom TV, but it's not the main focus this time around... so probably the same stuff that was shown in Famitsu magazine.

Hmm... should I make a new thread or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOzm67JswV0

Page basically says "oh, and we'll also have some DGS information"... doesn't look like a big deal, but who knows.

Top Bottom