• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban to be featured on Capcom TV #18 (April 1st) + Famitsu next week

oh wow, there's actually an audience in the court this time, seems like this will be a decent step up from 5 presentation wise.

L~A

Same stuff as the Jump Festa demo, right? And damn, that floating headband, ha ha ha.

Edit; damn ,those animations are fantastic.

FluxWaveZ

0Dp7T3b.gif

Ryunosuke freaking out.

FluxWaveZ

Ha, if there's anything that's apparent right now, it's that Wright's ancestor is way more intense in court than Phoenix was at the start. Kinda Apollo-like.

I was kind of worried initially because I thought the game looked a lot like PLvsAA, which I didn't think looked too hot compared to AA5. This footage, however, looks great.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, seems like that's it. That looked fantastic.

I'm looking forward to the localization news during today's Nintendo Direct that is 100% going to happen.

We're not likely to get a new trailer until after famitsu is out are we?

Game is looking really good, seems like a pretty decent step up from 5, charecter animations especially.

And they're watching the Dog trailer now

L~A

Think we won't get a new trailer until NicoNico Choukaigi (April 25-26th). I'd love to be wrong, though.

FluxWaveZ

3OM7Qws.gif

We should be getting the official box art soon enough, at least. Other than that, yeah, we might not be seeing much for a few weeks.

Yokai

What's going on with naruhodos eyes? Looks like a tense robot or something.

Hope that looks better as we get closer to release. I get he's supposed to be nervous but it doesn't really read very well.

Shauni

Ah, I wasn't aware there had been an AA game not localized. Is that game like this one, being set in the past?

FluxWaveZ

What's going on with naruhodos eyes? Looks like a tense robot or something.

Hope that looks better as we get closer to release. I get he's supposed to be nervous but it doesn't really read very well.

I don't think it looks bad and it fits with his character, but this Reddit user says:
the protagonist 'ability' seems to be noticing where the witnesses eyes drift towards as it will be very important
So if that's accurate, that could be an aspect of it, too.

I don't think it looks bad and it fits with his character, but this Reddit user says:

So if that's accurate, that could be an aspect of it, too.

Court Records says something similar: edit: oh, that is where the reddit post is getting this from.

Apparently, where people are looking at is quite important in DGS

https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_/status/583229646868729856

"drifting eyes" are apparently part of Ryuunoichi's personality (according to himself)

https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_/status/583230441190264832

So this could be related to whatever the Magatama/Perceiving/Reading emotions gimmick is for the game.

Tizoc

Wow even if it is just the simplicity of his eyes moving, they did it fantastically
0Dp7T3b.gif

Based capcpom.

Full famitsu scans are up showing off a multi witness trial and a lot of new characters. I assume the box art is the image at the start, although it's not in the usual AA format.

MrBadger

Yep, the new prosecutor is definitely Edgeworth. I love his character model, though. The visuals in this game look like they combine DD's great character models and animations with Layton VS Wright's more ambitious camera. Hype!

My favourite witness is that bloke who looks like Willy Wonka

FluxWaveZ

I'm liking all of these details. I'm not sure if it's been specified whether or not multiple witness cross-examinations will be limited to two at once or not, though. Regardless, it seems the jury system will involve more people than that with the "closing argument" mechanic, essentially presenting testimony to juror's like in PLvsPW.

I'm liking all of these details. I'm not sure if it's been specified whether or not multiple witness cross-examinations will be limited to two at once or not, though. Regardless, it seems the jury system will involve more people than that with the "closing argument" mechanic, essentially presenting testimony to juror's like in PLvsAA.

There's a screen showing 6 at once, I suppose that might just be the closing argument, but all the screens on that page relating to multi witness cross examinations show at least 3 people at one time.

Lusankya

Full famitsu scans are up showing off a multi witness trial and a lot of new characters. I assume the box art is the image at the start, although it's not in the usual AA format.

The image is so beautiful, it would be a really nice boxart.
The game really reminds me of PLvAA, but with pure and clean Ace Attorney gameplay this time.

FluxWaveZ

There's a screen showing 6 at once.

Those are the jurors, not the witnesses. Though, looking again, there seem to at least be three people involved in the multiple witness cross-examinations, so it won't be limited to two. That's great.

Ah, as per your edit.

Edit: Heh, already news of potential DLC episodes, huh. I really just care mostly for localization news at this point.

FluxWaveZ

I guess this:
The new game flow is:
Witness testimony / questioning
Convincing the jury members
Seems to be part of what Takumi was talking about when he said DGS would be different from previous Ace Attorney games. People were speculating just how radical a change they were going to make from previous games, but it seems like a logical and welcome addition to the court system.

VegiHam

So, do you guys reckon Jury stuff could end up in AA6? Or are they likely to take a 'we aren't touching Takumi's stuff' attitude?

Also, Ryonosuke is the cutest. Might be needing a new Avatar soon...

So, do you guys reckon Jury stuff could end up in AA6? Or are they likely to take a 'we aren't touching Takumi's stuff' attitude?

Also, Ryonosuke is the cutest. Might be needing a new Avatar soon...

I doubt they'll mess with the normal formula much for 6, although considering Apollo Justice, they do have an excuse if they want to introduce it.

FluxWaveZ

I'm not sure this increases the probability of it being in AA6, but certainly not because of any stance regarding Takumi. It kind of seems that both AA6 and DGS have been in development alongside each other, so I don't think this is a system that would necessarily be implemented in AA6 unless it was part of the core design from the start, depending on when the development for both games began. AA6 could certainly have a jury system, though, even if it would be handled differently.

In any case, I hope AA6 does some cool, meaningful stuff with the gameplay. Already, it seems DGS has added a bunch of fresh new systems to the AA series (some of them from PLvsAA) which will make it that much more of a compelling experience.

MrBadger

At this point I'm not too fussed with what they do for 6. Starting with Dual Destinies it's all felt a bit like fan fiction, I guess because of the writers changing, Apollo's arc being temporarily dropped and Wright getting his badge back. I'm much more interested in DGS.

Here's something I liked about Layton VS Wright and that I'll most likely like about this too. The new courtroom mechanics aren't magical lawyer superpowers.

VegiHam

I doubt they'll mess with the normal formula much for 6, although considering Apollo Justice, they do have an excuse if they want to introduce it.
I'm not sure this increases the probability of it being in AA6, but certainly not because of any stance regarding Takumi. It kind of seems that both AA6 and DGS have been in development alongside each other, so I don't think this is a system that would necessarily be implemented in AA6 unless it was part of the core design from the start, depending on when the development for both games began. AA6 could certainly have a jury system, though, even if it would be handled differently.

In any case, I hope AA6 does some cool, meaningful stuff with the gameplay. Already, it seems DGS has added a bunch of fresh new systems to the AA series (some of them from PLvsAA) which will make it that much more of a compelling experience.
Yeah I mean I'm not really familiar with who's developing what when. I just figured it'd be easy to be like 'well Jury's exist' for AA6 if they wanted to, you know? And I like the idea of just nicking all the cool ideas from PLvsAA, AA5, and DGS to make the next one. But I guess if they're already working on it that'd be tricky, huh?

Top Bottom