• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 1 + 2 Reload Launches March 14 in North America, March 17 in Europe

Ancirawr

Anyone know if the trophy list for the remaster will be separate than the Vita trophies? Either way this is a day one purchase, but the trophies would be icing for me tbh.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone know if the trophy list for the remaster will be separate than the Vita trophies? Either way this is a day one purchase, but the trophies would be icing for me tbh.

It's one combined platinum list for the two games.

And yes you need to do all the stupid mini games.

e: assuming it's the same as the original Japanese release

Ancirawr

It's one combined platinum list for the two games.

And yes you need to do all the stupid mini games.

e: assuming it's the same as the original Japanese release

Blerg. Well I guess it wasn't that bad the first time. Still want to play them again in anticipate of V3.

Inorganic

Sorry to bump this, but I couldn't find a more recent discussion. Will there be an OT or review thread for Danganronpa 1-2 Reload? Considering the game is out next week and reviews have already started coming in. Currently 90 on MC and OC. Never played these games before so I'm real excited!

Sorry to bump this, but I couldn't find a more recent discussion. Will there be an OT or review thread for Danganronpa 1-2 Reload? Considering the game is out next week and reviews have already started coming in. Currently 90 on MC and OC. Never played these games before so I'm real excited!
These games have a 90? Video game critics forever trash.

LAA

Jeez forgot all about this.
It wasn't so high on my list to get anyway as I got them all on Vita already but maybe at some point I will at a cheaper price point.

Off-topic, but does anyone know what differences there are between Danganronpa V3 PS4 and Vita?

Bit torn which to get that for, as I've played the rest on Vita but if it's been designed for PS4 first the differences are too big in PS4s favour I may be tempted to get on PS4.

UberTag

How will this look on a 4k tv? Is there 1080p ui and high res art etc?
I don't know how vita ports work.
This quote from the GodIsAGeek.com review written by Mikhail Madnani provides the answer...

I played both games on Steam when they released last year and liked what Abstraction Games did for the most part. They improved on the framerate by making it 60fps and redid a lot of the environments in the school and island you explore. One thing they did not work on is pre-rendered art. Character portraits are noticeably low resolution along with some of the backgrounds and objects. The PlayStation 4 version features slightly less Anti Aliasing than the maximum setting on PC from my testing, but the fonts are no longer blurry on PS4 like they are on PC. If you're about to enjoy this sitting back on your couch and not staring at a monitor from up close, the portraits and other low resolution images might not bother you much. But they definitely could have been improved a little. I noticed some screen tearing in some areas as well. One major audio bug is the main menu title music that seems to just stop and not loop after a minute.
So expect better graphics in the environments and better framerate during the class trials but no dice on high res character art which is the one detail that's giving me pause from a double dip.
Think I may just stick with my Vita versions.

UberTag

Should I get this or the vita games? The portability sounds a lot nicer for these types of games
I defer to handheld for visual novels of all kinds... this one is no exception.
That said, having a physical copy on PS4 that includes both games make this version an ideal game to loan out to non-Vita owning PS4 owners after you've played.
But if you're not in the habit of loaning out games, you're probably better off going the Vita route.

Rektash

There really is no reason to play this on vita except if you are one of those crazy "I won't play my VNs on any platform but Vita" zealots.

The PS4/PC version looks a lot better and is easier on your eyes since you will play it on a big screen. It's a lot cheaper as well.

jbug617

Banned
Did Amazon ship out copies yet? I preordered in October but still has not shipped. In January I change the payment method so I don't know if they kicked me to the back of the line.

Anyone with PSVR tried the Cyber Danganronpa VR: The Class Trial demo ? Really hope this gets a full VR game at some point, it's pretty awesome.

Just downloaded this. I played the first one on Vita and I can't wait to jump into the second one now on PS4! Does anybody know if this has any Pro features? This game looks very crisp

My copy got delayed in the mail because of the blizzard, would have been a perfect snow day game 😞

This was my most anticipated of 2017 tho

Mine was delayed by the storm as well. Just saw the shipment confirmation for my collector's edition today in my email.

Velcro Fly

Can't wait to start the first game on Saturday. Never played a game in the series before either so I'm coming in completely blind! :D

Atlas157

I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than follow me

Just like you have nothing better to do than show extreme hatred for a video game, and antagonize people who enjoy said video game. :^)

It's just a game man, if you're having a troubled life and this is your way of venting, I'll lend an ear.

Just like you have nothing better to do than show extreme hatred for a video game, and antagonize people who enjoy said video game. :^)

It's just a game man, if you're having a troubled life and this is your way of venting, I'll lend an ear.
I think you're reading too much into an internet forum post. Sorry if the whole opinions thing is hard to get over, but seriously,"antagonize?" Really? Please don't tell me you took that to bed thinking you "won" or something lmao. If you're being antagonized by my posts, I mean this, seek help. Pm me if need be.

Yo, Permanently A Junior Member, why are there chill fans like you and then this dude who's tryna psychoanalyze me through his computer screen?

Novocaine

There's always fuckin one.

Glad to see more people getting the chance to play these games. Could have come out at a better time though.

Top Bottom