• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

BTA

My partner just had everything spoilt in one image post on tumblr whilst scrolling down his feed. I hate this fanbase so much sometimes.

This is why I'm happy I'm not on Tumblr anymore like I was before 2 came out here; I got spoiled for a few deaths/executions that way.

I'm sure things will hit me on Twitter during the long wait, but hopefully not as much...

I just stumbled upon some V3 spoilers and (no spoilers, just vague opinions)
I'm disappointed across the board. None of this really surprised me, but I'm disappointed all the same.

I just beat Danganronpa 1. Holy shit!!! What a ride. It cuts off there? I got some questions.

Spoiler tagged just in case

1. Do we see the outside world in Danganronpa 2?

2. Are the six surviving students in D2

3. Is the Tragedy gone into greater detail in the sequel?

4. Monokuma is the headmaster? WHAT?

5. Is D2 even better?

6. The English dub was pretty solid, but Junko, Genocide Jacks voices were awful. How's the English dub for D2, and the Jap voices?

Now play DR2 and ignore everything else. Whatever questions you have left over by the time you finish DR2, I guarantee you all the answers will be annoying and unsatisfying.

robotrock

Banned
i know i don't post in here too often but just had to get this off my chest:

someone needs to delete the dr3 spoiler thread...ive nearly clicked on it like three times

Justonegamr very recently (about 20 min. ago) started a CH1 livestream on Youtube. Be wary of the chat (I think there was a spoiler), but it's there if you wish.

Ripped a couple pictures from the new NDRV3 website.

af7b6e500d.png

Banned
Part of me wants the game out as soon as possible but I'm also fine with waiting and letting them take their time on it. I feel they rushed to get DR2 out as soon as possible as it had quite a few spelling errors and issues with lines not fitting properly on the screen.

GSR

Any interest in a tagged/non-spoiler import thread? I'd probably put it up tomorrow once the Switch hullabaloo has died down a bit.

GSR

I'm only through chapter 1, but I've heard it's off the rails in a bad way, lol.

My reaction to chapter 1 was "this is some f r e s h bullshit" so we'll see how this goes.

Puruzi

Banned
I'm only through chapter 1, but I've heard it's off the rails in a bad way, lol.

My reaction to chapter 1 was "this is some f r e s h bullshit" so we'll see how this goes.

Yeah, no.

All i'll say is that if anyone called Kodaka a hack they'd best be prepared to eat those words.

PK Gaming

Yeah, no.

All i'll say is that if anyone called Kodaka a hack they'd best be prepared to eat those words.

This.

The people who spoiled themselves were fed lies / misinformation and it grew out of control.

The end result is something that's... fucking superb, honestly. There's no other way to describe it without going into spoilers.

GSR

I mean, I can't speak to the rest of the game, I'm just saying that chapter 1 (as I played it) was less "WHOA MIND BLOWN" and more "...seriously?" The game's been out for barely 48 hours, so I'm guessing there aren't a lot of full pictures of the game as it actually plays yet. (I'm sure the general plot/characters/twists have been datamined or marathoned to hell and back by now, lol.)

We'll see how the rest of the game shapes up.

Permanently A

This.

The people who spoiled themselves were fed lies / misinformation and it grew out of control.

The end result is something that's... fucking superb, honestly. There's no other way to describe it without going into spoilers.

Fuck. Waiting at least 6 months without getting spoiled will be tough.

Fuck. This sounds good. Painful waiting for it and dodging those spoilers, but I've managed to with Persona 5 so far, so I will have to shield myself for this as well.

daevious

I keep hearing awful things and then incredibly good things. This is going to be wild

It's a very specific type of plot twist that people either dig or despise with the heat of a thousand fiery suns.

And I dig the ever loving shit out of what V3 is pulling here.

UberTag

I keep hearing awful things and then incredibly good things. This is going to be wild
You'd have probably heard comments of both extremes from the exact same people when Danganronpa 2 came out depending on which chapter they were playing. I think the same logic applies here as well.

That said, the soundtrack and quality of life improvements are really impressive. They need to take as much time as possible localizing this to make it really zing so I don't care how long the wait takes.

GSR

What's the consensus on the minigames this time around?

I'm only through Chapter 1 but I like all of them so far, even if they continue to stray further and further from actually being logic-based, lol. Only done one Hangman's Gambit V3 so far but even that didn't seem awful.

Agreed that the QOL and presentation/soundtrack are top-notch. Super glad they opted to avoid reusing old music except for a very few tracks (and even those are more remixed than in DR2.)

Grexeno

I'm only through Chapter 1 but I like all of them so far, even if they continue to stray further and further from actually being logic-based, lol. Only done one Hangman's Gambit V3 so far but even that didn't seem awful.

Agreed that the QOL and presentation improvements are top-notch.
Well Improved Hangman's Gambit wasn't dreadful until it got silly late in the game.

GSR

Honestly I think the thing that excites me most about V3's gameplay so far is being able to lie to find alternate solutions to arguments. There's even a tally on the report card to show how many are hidden in that trial/how many you found. I doubt they make a ton of difference in the long run but I love the idea of there being multiple solutions by throwing away the base idea of mystery games (contradicting via evidence.)

RedHill

Banned
It's a very specific type of plot twist that people either dig or despise with the heat of a thousand fiery suns.

And I dig the ever loving shit out of what V3 is pulling here.
That's exciting to hear. I just hope I love this one considering how long it takes to pump them out

kewlmyc

Their email said Spring and if it's really that long that I'm going to have to avoid spoilers, I'll probably just watch a fan translation on YT

You sure that email wasn't referring to Danganronpa 1+2 Reload?

Right now Reload is releasing in in March and Ultra Despair Girls in summer. Due to this, I bet we're getting V3 in fall sadly.

I'm hearing some polarizing stuff, hope its not DR3 type of polarizing

Someone I think I got spoiled on who the mastemind is, doesn't bother me that much, it was only a pic of the person sporting a "mastermind pose" and I honestly don't know if it was real or not

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thank goodness for Spring, that's much earlier than expected, I figured Summer at the earliest.

Now that the game is out, I don't want to risk looking up the music again to find on the sidebar "DANGANRONPA V3 - *character*'S DEATH SCENE"

Top Bottom