• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danish inventor now claims accident on board sub killed missing reporter (body found)

Oersted

In the court hearing today the prosecutor told the court that they have found videos of women being tortured and killed on Madsen's computer - the prosecutor does not claim Madsen has partaken in the production of these videos but show that he had a morbid interest and fetish for killing and torturing women. Madsen claims the computer, while his, has previously been used by an intern and denied ever having watched the videos.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/article6852740.ece

Gonna join team guilty

Mashing

That is still still not proof. This stuff is all circumstantial. There is no smoking gun. If he's going to be convicted it's going to be some kind of negligence charge and probably improper disposal of a corpse. Minor in comparison to murder.

Rupetta

I added direct quotes from the prosecutor to my original post - but same below - makes it sound these are snuff films:

" It is our view that these are videos that show the murder of women. On the hard-drive there are several videos that show the executions of women. These are films that have been produced abroad. But they show that he had a fetish for torture and murder", says Jakob Buch-Jepsen, prosecutor of the case"

According to postmortem report: The body also shows finer knife cuts/wounds in the area of genitals and breasts - finer here meaning that unlikely to have been caused by cutting /sawing up the body

SpaceWolf

Banned
That is still still not proof. This stuff is all circumstantial. There is no smoking gun. If he's going to be convicted it's going to be some kind of negligence charge and probably improper disposal of a corpse. Minor in comparison to murder.

https://www.thelocal.se/20171003/ne...estigation-kim-wall-was-stabbed-several-times

English source. Also, the body was stabbed 14 times close to the time of death, contradicting Madsen's story that he respectfully buried her at sea hours after her death.

Surely this would be the smoking gun? The two were alone on that sub.

Usobuko

Banned
I added direct quotes from the prosecutor to my original post - but same below - makes it sound these are snuff films:

" It is our view that these are videos that show the murder of women. On the hard-drive there are several videos that show the executions of women. These are films that have been produced abroad. But they show that he had a fetish for torture and murder", says Jakob Buch-Jepsen, prosecutor of the case"

According to postmortem report: The body also shows finer knife cuts/wounds in the area of genitals and breasts - finer here meaning that unlikely to have been caused by cutting /sawing up the body

I cannot imagine the torture he inflicted on her.

Fuck him

Surely this would be the smoking gun? The two were alone on that sub.

Couldn't those be stabbings to make holes in her lungs to keep her from floating? if so, that would occur after she had died.

Oh fuck, so this is something else than "killing in rage" or whatever.

Oersted

https://www.thelocal.se/20171003/ne...estigation-kim-wall-was-stabbed-several-times

English source. Also, the body was stabbed 14 times close to the time of death, contradicting Madsen's story that he respectfully buried her at sea hours after her death. Not that this ever made sense in the first place.

So fucking guilty. What a goddamn monster

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
In the court hearing today the prosecutor told the court that they have found videos of women being tortured and killed on Madsen's computer - the prosecutor does not claim Madsen has partaken in the production of these videos but show that he had a morbid interest and fetish for killing and torturing women. Madsen claims the computer, while his, has previously been used by an intern and denied ever having watched the videos.

edit [added translation of quotes]: "– It is our view that these are videos that show the murder of women. On the hard-drive there are several videos that show the executions of women. These are films that have been produced abroad. But they show that he had a fetish for torture and murder", says Jakob Buch-Jepsen, prosecutor of the case

Bring back the death plenty for him... since they were on open waters.

Usobuko

Banned
You can just tell he's the kind of guy that knows he has to sink his submarine after what happened and thus make sure to get his worth of sick fantasies from her.

Please don't tell me Denmark is going to rehabilitate him.

We've had a serial killer on The Dating Game before. In hindsight the women he didn't choose dodged a bullet.

It's the other way around. Alcala was rejected as one of the contestants on The Dating Game, and police thought this spurred him to do more killings.

Engell

I hope he gets the maximum sentence..
Also crimes like this is usually not well respected by other inmates. So I'm guessing he will recieve some extra punishment on that account.

RocBase

w.....wh...what.......

wholly unsettling story, my gosh. im seeing this thread for the first time and reading that op was already bad enough, but turns out the story gets even worse

Mr. Robot

Man, this story is just getting worse everytime, it may sound bad but i hope she had a quick death and didn't suffer...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Whhaaat the F man

What the hell happened in there... :|

Biggest bet is he tried to rape her by far, she resisted and probably killed her to shut her up or some shit maybe by accident but my bet is that initial reason..

Poor person getting this shit fucking deal however it happened..

A mad rush, he tried to do something to her that's for sure.

Hope they prove it.. :/

Wooooooow can't believe it was WAAAAAY worse than I thought.. Jesus fuck

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

edit [added translation of quotes]: "– It is our view that these are videos that show the murder of women. On the hard-drive there are several videos that show the executions of women. These are films that have been produced abroad. But they show that he had a fetish for torture and murder", says Jakob Buch-Jepsen, prosecutor of the case
Real Snuf films? I though they were a myth.

Rupetta

The original Danish transcripts from presser with the prosecutor describes content as "burnings and decapitations" of women, and they consider the tapes to depict real murders.

Addition to posts above. The English translation/article linked in a previous posts does not contain the details released by the prosecutor of where exactly the 14 lacerations and stabs to Walls "lower abdomen" occurred at the time just prior or during time of death. No need to repeat it here, but that piece of information should put any question about Madsen's guilt to rest and the question if there was a sexual motive behind.

Drencrom

Stab wounds that contradict Madsen’s story (yet again) and videos of women being tortured and killed on his computer? If there was any doubt this piece of shit murdered her, it’s gone now.

dl77

From what I understand the more common definition of snuff films, i.e. someone tied up in a room who's then tortured or killed for a viewing public, is actually a myth.

However, there are videos out there of murderers recording their crimes for their own benefit.I remember a few years ago I was looking up some killer that had recently been around in the UK and I stumbled across the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs. There's a video they filmed in some woods where they're torturing and murdering some unfortunate passer by. I've not seen it but I've heard it's absolutely horrifying.

Crema

Still lying.

Absolutely no remorse for his actions.

AndersK

Holy shit. The videos on the harddrive is some Yellow King True Detective shit.

Happened like 2 miles from my appartment. Crazy. Fuck him.

Edit: I Know Amercian Vandal was meant to make me think about the court of public oppinion, but man...this is so fucked.

He stabbed her in the vagina? Holy shit..... What a sick fuck he must have been.
Wait what? He had snuffmovies of decapitated women? WTF? maybe they caught a potential serial killer.

TBiddy

The original Danish transcripts from presser with the prosecutor describes content as "burnings and decapitations" of women, and they consider the tapes to depict real murders.

To be fair, those sorts of videos are available everywhere on the internet. But it does paint a picture of a lunatic. This story just keeps getting more and more fucked up.

edit: Also, he's claiming that the computer isn't his. There is no evidence of actual intercourse, but about 10 stabs on the "outer genitals" and 4 stabs in the "inner genitals"...

Saturnman

Banned
I wonder if Madsen thinks it was all worth it.

I suspect he foolishly thought he'd get away with it and stop thinking at that point.

llien

What a terrifying story...

Please don't tell me Denmark is going to rehabilitate him.

This (USA et al):
Retributivism is a theory of punishment which holds that the best response to a crime is a punishment proportional to the offense, inflicted because the offender deserves it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retributive_justice

vs this (Most of EU et al):
Restorative justice is an approach to justice that personalizes the crime by having the victims and the offenders mediate a restitution agreement to the satisfaction of each, as well as involving the community. This contrasts to more punitive approaches where the main aim is retributive justice or to satisfy abstract legal principles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restorative_justice

Top Bottom