• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

Darryl

Banned
If SkyOdin was clearly town to you, why would you lynch him? Why are people afraid of a tie? If we had tied, we would be up one player right now. I actually thought SkyOdin was scum. I had planned to save him with forcing a tie. However, what town player would vote for themselves with 2 minutes remaining when they could tie and still live? He was barely a lynch candidate, didn't go through the day fighting for his life, and there's no reason to believe his momentum for a lynch stretched far beyond the pool of current voters. This is what allowed me to let him die. I thought it was some kinda gambit meant to invoke hesitation. I didn't think he was clearly town, but anyways.

If this isn't obvious to you, let me elaborate:

If SkyOdin was clearly town to you, why would you lynch him? Why are people afraid of a tie? If we had tied, we would be up one player right now. I actually thought SkyOdin was scum. I had previously planned to save him with forcing a tie. However, what town player would vote for themselves with 2 minutes remaining when they could tie and still live? He was barely a lynch candidate, didn't go through the day fighting for his life, and there's no reason to believe his momentum for a lynch stretched far beyond the pool of current voters. This is what allowed me to let him die. I thought it was some kinda gambit meant to invoke hesitation. I didn't think he was clearly town, but anyways.

My story makes no sense with your stupid fucking nitpick. You can tell that it makes no sense by simply reading the next line. Now please return to reading the message that I put a lot of work into. Thanks.

Less than half the alive players have posted in the last 24 hours. I know I'm not a beacon of activity myself, but wtf is going on in here?

I mean, I explained my vote RF. I'm voting Blarg for his day end antics.
I've seen it. But your attitude rings alarm bells.

Well that too late vote from me was basically...too late because i wanted to vote on star near 55 seconds...and then I was contemplating who would be a better option compared to SkyOdin v. Starsketch since Sky was pretty contributive to town with somewhat of a reasoning. I think I was late by like 10 seconds after my post went through :/

Of course I also didn't realize it would have casued a tie too since the last time I checked was during that whole vote/unvoting shenanigans happening near end day...
So you wanted to vote on StarSketch, then SkyOdin, who you think is Town, comes along as a lynch option and you don't go ahead voting for StarSketch because maybe SkyOdin was the better candidate?

Yeah, sorry, E3 has taken a lot of free time these last few days, but it's starting to wind down now.

I still like Xam the most for a lynch today. I'm really not sure what to make of Flame's day end shenanigans yesterday. SkyOdin definitely looked innocent after he self voted to prevent the tie, so I don't really see why Flame thought it essential to see him lynched. Still, such prominent behavior doesn't seem like the kind of gameplan I'd think scum would want to take. I see a Flame lynch as a plan B right now.

I've got more of a null read now on StarSketch. Her defense of herself today has counteracted most of the misgivings I had about her on day 1.

gryvan

So you wanted to vote on StarSketch, then SkyOdin, who you think is Town, comes along as a lynch option and you don't go ahead voting for StarSketch because maybe SkyOdin was the better candidate?

No I did not believe that SkyOdin was a better candidate over StarSketch due to the fact that SkyOdin was a bit more vocal for town compared to star who has said this and that which weren't that noticeable and could have easily come out as fluff.

But because it was Sky v. Star and thinking of who would be a better lynch choice, I would have leaned towards Star over Sky which was, at that point, 10 seconds late...

Flame_AC

At the end of the day, what made me think SkyOdin was town was his self-vote and defeatist behavior. There was inherent danger in trying to shift off of the SkyOdin vote to try and rush someone else, so I went with the safe choice to start to get some role info. I disagree with Darryl's assessment that we would have been better off without a lynch yesterday. Still going through the rest of Darryl's stuff, but this is what jumped out to me at the onset.

Darryl

Banned
At the end of the day, what made me think SkyOdin was town was his self-vote and defeatist behavior. There was inherent danger in trying to shift off of the SkyOdin vote to try and rush someone else, so I went with the safe choice to start to get some role info. I disagree with Darryl's assessment that we would have been better off without a lynch yesterday. Still going through the rest of Darryl's stuff, but this is what jumped out to me at the onset.

You thought he was town so you voted for him?

Trigger

I'm not above a Flame lynch. My guy still leans towards SS more though. Admittedly E3 has slowed things down considerably. I'm not sure if everyone has even posted yet today.

Flame_AC

You thought he was town so you voted for him?

It's been stated already. His actions right at the end of the day, not before, made me feel he was town. It was in town's best interest to lynch someone so we can get the ball rolling, I don't think many people here would disagree with that (even though you seemingly would). If SkyOdin was a PR he would have claimed with enough time left so we could move onto someone else. His lack of a claim signaled he probably wasn't a valuable role, his actions led me at the end to think he was town, we needed a lynch and I couldn't guarantee a switch around to someone else without forcing a tie.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Upon closer evaluation of Enker's designated quarters, a message was found:

The memory was faint, but the moon had been cresting over the Ghost Zone like a virus infecting the light. Yet, as if by magic, it was now seemingly dawn. Enker was astonished to be lying on a grassy hillside as a mysterious woman stood overhead, a long braid of titanium blonde hair hanging to one side of her long, flowing dress.

"Welcome, we're glad to have you," she whispered softly. Enker made a snap judgement that she leaned Town and resolved to learn more about her and this place.

The two walked along a nearby path for what seemed like ages, discussing life, philosophy, and why there was the faintest hint of Ecto Cooler in the air regardless of how far they traveled from the hillside. Who would have known that's what the deceased really smelled like? Finally they came upon a stone building, which unfortunately overpowered the pleasant scent by way of overflowing rubbish bins. The sound of 'Sweet Caroline' was permeating from within due to a number of (almost certainly drunk, judging by the vocal quality) patrons.

"It seems awful lively in there...could I go in?" Enker pleaded - bargaining was one of the stages of acceptance after all. Even if it required earplugs.

The woman shook her head no. "They do not realize their time is short...but the devil comes for us all in the end." Wait, was that a scumtell?

And with that, the last glimmer of subconscious was extinguished, sending this strange new world back from whence it came. Enker's body lie still in the night; merely a clue to be puzzled over come the dawn.

TL;DR: I had fun despite my early demise, good luck Townies.

It's been stated already. His actions right at the end of the day, not before, made me feel he was town. It was in town's best interest to lynch someone so we can get the ball rolling, I don't think many people here would disagree with that (even though you seemingly would). If SkyOdin was a PR he would have claimed with enough time left so we could move onto someone else. His lack of a claim signaled he probably wasn't a valuable role, his actions led me at the end to think he was town, we needed a lynch and I couldn't guarantee a switch around to someone else without forcing a tie.

I'm a proponent of D1 lynching, but I don't know if I can get behind this. I mean, I recognize that statistically there's a good chance of lynching a townie on D1- it's the price of being the most populated group of players. That being said, if at the end of the day my choice was to vote somebody who I strongly believed was town or risk the possibility of a tie voting for a different candidate who I had less of a read on, do you know which option I would pick? The second one, which doesn't leave us short a townie (remember that in this scenario I'm essentially convinced of the lynchee's innocence). How much information did you think we would gain from that sort of lynch? If at the end of the game, what if having one less town player made the difference between victory and defeat? Imagine if SkyOdin did have a valuable role, but chose not to claim (for who knows what reason). Would the information gained from the lynch have been worth risking both a useful ability and the town player associated with it? You have to really believe any information gained from the lynch would be worth these risks, otherwise it's a lynch made in vain.

Obviously, SkyOdin ended up voting for himself- he didn't want to risk the tie. But looking at this scenario from the perspective of a town player who's been convinced that Sky is innocent, I can't see how voting for him is a decision that makes sense. Maybe it is just a difference of opinion, but in this case I feel pretty strongly about my opinion. The way I see it, this kind of lynch is a great way to get the ball rolling- but in scum's favor.

I will concede that it might be worth considering your statement that "you didn't care who got lynched". You've mentioned that you've waited a long time for this game, and the flavor speculation does imply you care a lot about the DP theme. Your statements do kind of add up together- in the sincere kind of way, not the this-is-your-master-plan kind of way. I just don't think that I want to take a gamble on believing that a town-aligned you would make the actions you did, considering how much I disagree with them on a strategic level. They seem really harmful to town, and they're the kinds of things I usually like to lynch people for.

El Topo

I've just asked to be replaced, Trigger. I'm sorry for my inactivity, but besides big events (E3, European Championship) I'm very busy in real life and most importantly find it hard to muster up the energy to properly go through posts and participate in the game sufficiently. Posting is one thing, actually thinking about posts, analyzing behavior and crafting a strategy is tough. I think it is best to allow someone to replace me at this point, instead of postponing it another day.

I'm sorry guys for the absence. E3's got its hooks in me.

I really think that a Vote: Xamtheking is where I still am. His Day 1 activities still rub me the wrong way, and he did what I believe is top scum play: bandwagonning

RetroMG

I'm sorry guys for the absence. E3's got its hooks in me.

I really think that a Vote: Xamtheking is where I still am. His Day 1 activities still rub me the wrong way, and he did what I believe is top scum play: bandwagonning

Just a reminder, the vote counter will only count votes that are on a separate line.

Worthy, you should probably re-cast that vote.

Damn, I'm going to need to contribute at some point
Fuck
(Been busy doing other things and honestly haven't felt like I could contribute in any meaningful way. I'm not sherlock holmes like some of you are.)

Darryl

Banned
This is ridiculous. Everyone needs a vote on the table.

Vote: Ultron87

Put a vote on someone who hasn't voted, who you also think is scum.

I'm not sure I buy this explanation to lynch someone you thought was town simply to get the ball rolling, as it were. Seems like you could be far me productive on D1 than already putting the town at a disavantage.

Sophia

hihi66jkk.png

Hello everyone. Give me a moment to catch up, as I haven't been keeping up with the game.

Sophia

Thank you for that, Terra. Four votes on Xam eh...?

Good luck trying to keep up with us. We're moving at a break neck pace. :p

Seriously. Ya'll are 21 hours away from the end of the day phase. Where the hell is everyone?

At any rate, reading over the start of Day 2 right now and I'm kind of gut reading Corn a bit... I'm not entirely sure if he's scum, but that feeling is telling me I need to look at him. However, that might also just be because of a null read on Star too.

Seeing as you're here Trigger, can you tell me if there's been any major role claims I should be aware of?

Sophia

No serious role claims so far. Someone can correct me if I'm missing something.

I see. Looks that way. I've read Day 2 so going back to Day 1 now.

Some quick reads for you all

CornBurrito and Darryl - Not quite town reading these two right at the moment. It's just a gut read, but it worries me because usually when Darryl is town I pick up on it. Call this a meta read in Darryl's case.

StarSketch - So far, she's playing like Star usually does, bit of a null read. Some weasel words and iffy descriptions, as Corn pointed out. I'm not sure what to think.

Blargonaut - His Day 2 behavior seems really... reserved for him.

Royal_Flush - I only know scum Royal from The Bachelor Party... has he posted at all in day 2?

Xamtheking - What's with the self-vote?

People I don't have strong reads on yet:

ultron87
OceanicAir
Trigger
El Topo
Ty4on
Matt Attack
Giant Panda
StanleyPalmtree
gryvan
melonrabbit
Flame_AC
Rats Off to Ya
TheWorthyEdge

Ty4on

Hi Sophia!

I'll be here for the rest of the night. Have been lazy recently and traveled today, but I'll try to be more active.

The most notable thing for me regarding Corn was him bringing up that an early kill of Danny would be better than a late kill (post #211). It just struck me as an odd thing to bring up and no excuse for claiming.

Sophia

Hi Sophia!

I'll be here for the rest of the night. Have been lazy recently and traveled today, but I'll try to be more active.

The most notable thing for me regarding Corn was him bringing up that an early kill of Danny would be better than a late kill (post #211). It just struck me as an odd thing to bring up and no excuse for claiming.

Hello my love~! Alas, there is not a boat for us to share....

Hmmm.... so full disclaimer: I don't know a goddamn thing about Danny Phantom. It almost sounds like Corn is implying something will happen when the player playing Danny will die...? Huh.

Also, reading over Royal's posts I get a slight townish vibe. Meta read again, but he seems more aggressive than he was in Bachelor party.

Ty4on

Hello my love~! Alas, there is not a boat for us to share....

Hmmm.... so full disclaimer: I don't know a goddamn thing about Danny Phantom. It almost sounds like Corn is implying something will happen when the player playing Danny will die...? Huh.

Also, reading over Royal's posts I get a slight townish vibe. Meta read again, but he seems more aggressive than he was in Bachelor party.
I know nothing apart from the little I've figured out from googling, but the deal with Danny Phantom is in the OP. One player is Danny and if they die the next day we will have an anonymous vote

Sophia

I know nothing apart from the little I've figured out from googling, but the deal with Danny Phantom is in the OP. One player is Danny and if they die the next day we will have an anonymous vote

Ahh, I see. I do get the impress based upon that post you linked + these posts just recently on Day 2 that Corn might know more about the setup than he lets on.

Honestly I'd have been more surprised if there hadn't been two deaths.

I think every game I've played in, bar Heist, had multiple.

The question is if scum has multiple kills, we have a vigilante, or if there's a neutral killer.

Personally I do not believe either of the deaths were the work of a vigilante. Enker, unless I missed it, wasn't really on anyone's radar. And CrimsonFist isn't someone I think a vigilante would target N1.

Ok let me rephrase, why would a GOOD player use their vig power N1 on a hunch, on someone nobody really even talked about?

So you're suggesting scum team knew beforehand that enablers existed?

But it's nothing particularly strong from him. Just loose observations.

Related, but what about this? Still skimming Day 1, and GAF software is being slow because of E3.

Got work from 10am-6pm tomorrow... luckily I'm Danny Phantom so won't get lynched.

Ty4on

Related, but what about this? Still skimming Day 1, and GAF software is being slow because of E3.

That was the main topic at the start of D1. Darryl really brought up that he thought it was scummy and Corn said he thought Worthy was Danny. Later Worthy clarified that he thought the day hadn't started and was making a joke (post 216 and later) and kinda fell off the radar.

It was weird, but a scum gambit is even weirder.

Right after than Crimson voted Flame for role fishing and people talking too much about Danny's role came under pressure for role fishing. Crimson especially reiterated how important it was for Danny to stay hidden.

Sophia

I gotta admit, that post is hilarious out of context, but disturbingly frustrating now that I'm actually trying to read TWE. I do agree with Ty4on that it strikes me weird as a scum gambit tho.

Thanks everyone. I think I'm starting to get caught up a bit.

Looking at the Day 2 votes, quick observation makes me note that the two people who have votes on Flame (Matt and Royal) put some effort into justifying their votes. On the other hand, the four votes on Xam make me nervous for some reason. I admit Xam's behavior is piss poor and weird tho...

Darryl

Banned
I have the strongest lean-town reads on the following people. They've also shown to be paying attention to the game, so I want to call out the five people down here to help me pressure people.

Blargonaut
Xamtheking
Royal_Flush
The_Worthy_Edge
Trigger

I strongly suggest the people on this list reading each other's posts and help each other to pressure and elaborate on each other's leads if they think they make sense. We aren't even getting votes on the table, and we failed to do so the first day. We need to fix this mistake today. I may or may not have caught scum here. Some people here have lukewarm reads. However, the bigger threat here is everyone that isn't on this list.

Ty4on

I have the strongest lean-town reads on the following people. They've also shown to be paying attention to the game, so I want to call out the five people down here to help me pressure people.
[...]
Xamtheking
[...]

What has made you town read Xam? All I'm seeing that's townie is his IDGAF attitude, but there's so much fluff, even for Xam.

Sophia

Wait.... Darryl... you don't even have a vote on the table. o_O;

Reading over the Day 1 stuff, I really don't feel confident about Flame_AC. But he's a hard read for me. I've misread him as scum before when he was actually town. That being said, him asking TWE if he was Danny Phantom, despite it obviously being a bad idea... and the whole fact that he seemed interested in finding Danny Phantom bothers me the wrong way. There's also a bit of fluffr on his part, what with the joke about being a Vig and the flavor/role speculation.

Darryl

Banned
Blarg, Xam, and TWE are your towniest reads? Can you tell me why, Darryl?

TWE, for example, had the guts to ask me the obvious. "Darryl, how did you know that I wasn't Danny Phantom?". Look at how many chucklefucks, after TWE asked that, then went after TWE for asking! Did anyone think that scum hadn't figured out the obvious implication in their group chat? TWE in that situation was a completely rational player, asking rational questions. I'm just putting faith into the fact that he is telling the truth about his day start. That'd be a really slimy tactic to pull if he were scum.

I like how Xam agreed with me on TWE. I've already expressed my disdain for anyone who stood on the fence during the TWE issue. If TWE is town, then scum already know that getting involved in the TWE debate is a wash. Since they would know that TWE wasn't scum pulling a gambit. They would instead wait for the issue to play out. Xam wasn't afraid of getting involved. He's also been routinely posting, and he's deciding now that he needs to start paying even more attention to the game. He's a good member to put on My List. He is my least strong read, alongside probably Trigger. But I'm going for quantity alongside quality.

Blarg has been consistent and shown to be paying attention. He tried to save SkyOdin last day phase. If he was scum, he'd know SkyOdin was town and it'd be a bad decision to save him. He hasn't actually done anything too useful, but hasn't been devious. Right now I think the greatest tool scum has is simply keeping conversation quiet, and he has been participating. So I think his motivations run opposite scum. It could be a strong scum play, but I'm leaning town on him.

It's important to note that this is essentially me asking for an alliance to strong-arm other players. :lol

Top Bottom