• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

Sophia

I will take pride in the fact that I picked up on Royal and Darryl in a mere 24 hour day phase, even if I picked up on them for entirely the wrong reasons. :D

Ty4on

I will take pride in the fact that I picked up on Royal and Darryl in a mere 24 hour day phase, even if I picked up on them for entirely the wrong reasons. :D
Horn toot:
Is Darryl softclaiming?
I know TWE is lying.

I'm debating with myself whether or not to respond because I really don't think that claim is pro town.

Mafia discussion:
He could be some sort of DP protector who knows his identity. Maybe our strongman is his counter.

Darryl really scared us. We glanced a lot of blows from him and he often dragged town out of the ditch like Blarg's big theory of Star (great for us, got attention away from Worthy) which he quickly debunked.

Darryl/Kark is my town MVP.

Karkador

Banned
You know, I shouldn't have lost track of El Topo's replacement(s), because I found that opening questionnaire to be pretty scummy, too (and eventually forgot about it).

Oh wait, Topo replaced by Sophia.

Are we still playing, or what?

Ty4on

I'm starting to doubt my town read of Splinter :p

Seriously though, why did town just forget about gryvan and barely ever mention Matt or ultron during lylo? I was so prepared for a gryvan lynch.

Karkador

Banned
I started to forget they were in the game. This game felt like bout after bout of town players arguing with each other for no reason. Can't really blame mafia for not posting a lot when the passive, "let them fight" strategy worked

I'm starting to doubt my town read of Splinter :p

Seriously though, why did town just forget about gryvan and barely ever mention Matt or ultron during lylo? I was so prepared for a gryvan lynch.

Because within the low-keys gryvan/ultron/matt/melon at least one was town. But both StarSketch and Splinter provided stuff to work with that was seen scummy by others. so why take the 3/4 chance when you can lynch someone you're quite sure is scum?

Karkador

Banned
Yeah if I had to say Town played bad, it's because we didn't demand enough commentary from everyone, at every stage of the game. Part of it was just feeling like everybody WAS inactive and it was hopeless to try.

Yeah, not going for Matt yesterday was a mistake. I noticed at the end of the day he didn't vote for anyone for the second day in a row but it was too late to reverse the Star lynch.

Sophia

Yeah if I had to say Town played bad, it's because we didn't demand enough commentary from everyone, at every stage of the game. Part of it was just feeling like everybody WAS inactive and it was hopeless to try.

Yeah, prodding inactives as much as possible is pretty much the key to avoiding that. I tried to do, but it was difficult. It's why it was a good idea for the scum team to night kill me. ><;

*Splinter

I sent Splinter a tracker. But the other items did other things. My hope was to use the item sent to Splinter to generate some discussion from inactives and figure out who was scum.

I was fumbling around in the dark half of the game Even if I wasn't the greatest newbie. I enjoyed being involved and hope to play again.
Nah you played well, hope you will be joining us again

Karkador

Banned
Now that I've gone through the spec/scum thread, I wanna reiterate that I really liked the Danny Phantom role idea, and playing spokesperson for a hidden role that everybody wants to know about was really neat and novel, from my perspective. There's a lot of interesting intrigue in there, it just seemed stunted somehow.

I'm wondering if Danny Phantom would have been appropriately powered if he just knew the identity of the friend players off the bat (but not the power, maybe). That way, he'd have to make the decision to recruit friends, use the Doctor power to save someone, or try the passive soft-checking ability on someone.

Sophia

I agree, you did play pretty well for your first game, Melon. I'd like to play again with you in the future.

The only thing I could suggest however is that if you're going to claim, do so without reservation. There was a bit of unneeded confusion from your post, because it wasn't immediately clear if you were the item giver or the receiver of an item. You need not reveal what your items do, but it does help to be clear about what you're claiming.

Beyond that, I did enjoy that you were receptive to answering the questions I had. That gave me a real town-vibe and made me confident in you. I think we would have done awesome had I lived longer. >_>;

Now that I've gone through the spec/scum thread, I wanna reiterate that I really liked the Danny Phantom role idea, and playing spokesperson for a hidden role that everybody wants to know about was really neat and novel, from my perspective. There's a lot of interesting intrigue in there, it just seemed stunted somehow.

I'm wondering if Danny Phantom would have been appropriately powered if he just knew the identity of the friend players off the bat (but not the power, maybe). That way, he'd have to make the decision to recruit friends, use the Doctor power to save someone, or try the passive soft-checking ability on someone.

The Danny Phantom idea was pretty cool. I must admit I'm entertained by the idea of a King role in a future game, although it's difficult to balance given the randomized nature of how people are decided for a specific role. After all, you want it to end up in the hands of a competent player so the game doesn't end on day 1/2 or whatever.

Karkador

Banned
I agree, you did play pretty well for your first game, Melon. I'd like to play again with you in the future.

The only thing I could suggest however is that if you're going to claim, do so without reservation. There was a bit of unneeded confusion from your post, because it wasn't immediately clear if you were the item giver or the receiver of an item. You need not reveal what your items do, but it does help to be clear about what you're claiming.

Beyond that, I did enjoy that you were receptive to answering the questions I had. That gave me a real town-vibe and made me confident in you. I think we would have done awesome had I lived longer. >_>;

I could see myself naming you Danny Phantom instead. Would you have gone along with it?

Sophia

I could see myself naming you Danny Phantom instead. Would you have gone along with it?

Hard to say. I asked for spoilers almost immediately after I died, so I knew what you were trying to do right from the get go. So I can't say I would have caught onto your play there.

But if I had caught onto it? Definitely. More fun than staying a vanilla townie anyhow. :p

Thanks! You were a great rival/ally (depending on the day).

Yes. I agree with everything you said.

I had a lot of internal debate if I should claim or not. The soft claim definitely created more confusion.

Sophia

Yes. I agree with everything you said.

I had a lot of internal debate if I should claim or not. The soft claim definitely created more confusion.

At least from my experience, GAF Mafia tends to shy way from soft claims anyhow.

At any rate, hope we get a chance to play again. :D

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Okay, let's debrief. I felt this game went about as well as it could. All the games this season seem to have had struggles with activity so I won't hold that against you guys. I will admit that I got really worried as the night Darryl was targeted by Flush to be recruited, he was also target by Corn to be killed. Worthy actually missed sending in his roleblocks so I ended up RNGing and it ended up picking Corn.

Now for the MVPs.

Town MVP: Karkadarryl. Darryl played a really good game when he was arround and he actually was on the right track in his mind most of the time. Kark picked up right where Darryl left of frighteningly well, even if he started getting some major tunnel vision in the end.

Scum MVP: Ty4on. He really took full advantage of his godfather ability and was in constant communication with his team. When he got vetted by the cop I pretty much knew that Town had an up hill battle that they may not win.

Honourable mentions:

Xamthekingkitty*splinter
: despite two different replacement players taking over throughout the game the slot overall proved to be really strong. I felt *splinter was the best player of the three but I loved having all of them in the game, props to you guys.

Melonrabbit:You are by far one of the best newbies I've seen. It was pretty clear you were waving trouble in the early game but as it went on you started to get in a groove. Keep playing girl, you will go far.

Sophia: You were a joy to have. Despite only playing one day, you made it count. I would also like to thank you for keeping me company even after the quick death.

Special thanks to everyone who stayed the entire game, you da real MVPs it may have been stressful with all the replacements and lack of activity but sticking arround does mean something to me.

I will say that if one thing did disappoint me, it would be that gryvan never got to use his power. I was really looking forward to see the reactions it would've had. Alas, it was not meant to be.

welp, i said i would die on the hill, and i died on the horribly mistaken hill.
i find it painfully ironic that my idea of DP not claiming because of reason turns out to be true, only to have the exact opposite effect i thought it meant.

great play scum team.

great infuriatingly indecipherable play.

Congratulations Danny Phantom players and game runner! Hope everyone had a bit of fun :>

WELL PLAYED, SCUMMIES!

and special belated grats to TheWorthyEdge who finally picked up a win in GAFia!

\o/

I just remembered, I claimed at the end of Day 4 because I thought I would be safe that night, so I was very surprised when I was killed. I thought the uncertainty of whether Rats would switch me or Kark would scare the Mafia away, which would end up with them just killing Rats. But it wasn't to be.

Karkador

Banned
I tried to set it up so mafia would have a hard choice that night - they'd either have to kill Panda or me, and really weigh the implications of each, because either could carry on the Legacy of Danny Phantom. I thought it'd be okay if they killed you, since it would verify your results and give us four pristine, cleared names, but we got fucked by a Godfather.

In 20/20 hindsight now, it's telling to choose the Cop in that scenario - like mafia made a deliberate choice in flipping the Cop to make sure we believed somebody on that list was good.

gryvan

if you read scum chat i was pushing for a kark kill at night 5 i think?

and then we all went for panda instead. If it were a kark kill, i would have been killed instead due to rat's switching ability...that was one hell of a bullet dodge

XWs9bdO.png

Sorian

Banned
Y'all should've listened more to Blarg. I think we all thought about killing him N1, but felt it would be too obvious. Imagine town asking themselves "Why was Blarg killed?" and finding this:

Blarg too strong.

Grats on your win scum!

Ty4on

In 20/20 hindsight now, it's telling to choose the Cop in that scenario - like mafia made a deliberate choice in flipping the Cop to make sure we believed somebody on that list was good.
That was a bonus. I thought the cop staying alive was too dangerous that close to lylo. The odds of Rats switching him also seemed relatively low that night. Man was I nervous at day start though. Rats want there for day end so I was nervous that his opinion of Panda had changed.

If town had trusted the claims then there were just three people who hadn't claimed (Star, Stanley and melon) and likely that we had some unclaimed roles or one of them being Danny which meant even fewer mislynch targets. The claims were quite believable in a vacuum. Rats claimed unprovoked and not without risk when he claimed switching Corn before Panda had claimed. As a scum fake claim I would've expected switching (relatively safe) townies only. Splinter's claim came unprovoked, caused suspicion and could have been counter claimed. Kark seemed basically confirmed not knowing Danny couldn't claim. He could've bent the rules though and said "I know you don't know Danny Phantom". Kark's story also explained Darryl's "I know you're not Danny Phantom" and was generally consistent with his behavior.

From my perspective we were running out of mislynch candidates and ran a huge risk by letting the cop stay alive. Especially if Rats had made us NK one of our own. We needed two mislynches and only three were without a claim.

I would've actually preferred for Panda hit a scum rather than unclaimed town because unless we lost a night kill that doesn't change the amount of mislynches needed and we didn't have any big powers remaning. Matt had used up his strongman and gryvan's power didn't give us more votes, would just have created confusion and would've much more useful earlier in the game, but we never got the chance to use it :/

Karkador

Banned
Yeah I had to omit any detail about Team Danny not being able to claim DP, or else I wouldn't get any of the confirmation benefit of Danny's silence.

SkyOdin

I finally got caught back up. Congrats Team Ghost, you played excellently. I never suspected you guys, I am ashamed to say.

Strongman.

Edit: We decided to kill you on page 12 in the scum chat.

Why? Because I went after TWE so much?

Dude was obviously scum and would have been found out without my help. I needed those town points though.

edit: Ah you guys knew I was SK early on.

Top Bottom