• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

So that's the way the wind is blowing, is it?

Get fucked, I guess. I'm an Ordinary Townie and I can't wait to see how all of my reads this game, especially against Karkadarryl, are dismissed by you people as insane, anti-Town, rambling, incoherent and not worth pursuing after my death.

I hope that one Day, you all learn to test the heaviest claimants first, instead of their skeptics.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Vote tool is back:

darryl (0)
blargonaut 1185 (1206)
blargonaut 1206 (1206)
blargonaut 1206 (1308)
starsketch 1239 (1248)

trigger (1)
royal_flush 1296 (1489)
rats off to ya 1304

karkador (2)
blargonaut 1308
stanleypalmtree 1419
gryvan 1439 (1456)
*splinter 1453 (1465)

kingkitty (1)
giant panda 1313

*splinter (1)
ty4on 1391

giant panda (1)
melonrabbit 1459
starsketch 1468 (1485)

stanleypalmtree (0)
*splinter 1467 (1488)

blargonaut (7)
ultron87 1475
starsketch 1485
*splinter 1488
royal_flush 1489
gryvan 1492
trigger 1493
karkador 1494

8 is majority

Terrabyte20xx

gre_1467392400.png

AVootIh.jpg

My final read is that Karkadarryl is scum, hiding behind an untested Role-claim, and gryvan and Rats are scum too; Rats for his continual support of Karkadarryl, and gryvan for being a shady flip-flopper.

Don't lynch Ty4on until you lynch Karkador. Test the claimant first, not his intended victim.

Bye.

Karkador

Banned
Also, I find it hard to believe that not a single mafia member is active at the end of the day, so it's likely there's mafia voting Blarg

Terrabyte20xx

AeGXE4N.gif

"You know I must admit, despite a lot of out-sourcing going on today, that wen along far better then I expected. Now to your chosen banishment, Behold!"

Blargonaut has been banished

You are an Ordinary Townie.

You are aligned with Amity Park(Town)

You’re not quite sure where you are or why you were chosen to be here. You’re sick of ghosts messing up your town and just want to be left alone. But the only way back home is to “end the conflict” so might as well get this over and done with.

You have the power to VOTE in the game thread.

You win when only Amity Park players remain.

The game thread is: here

Good Luck

darryl (0)
blargonaut 1185 (1206)
blargonaut 1206 (1206)
blargonaut 1206 (1308)
starsketch 1239 (1248)

trigger (1)
royal_flush 1296 (1489)
rats off to ya 1304

karkador (2)
blargonaut 1308
stanleypalmtree 1419
gryvan 1439 (1456)
*splinter 1453 (1465)

kingkitty (1)
giant panda 1313

*splinter (1)
ty4on 1391

giant panda (1)
melonrabbit 1459
starsketch 1468 (1485)

stanleypalmtree (0)
*splinter 1467 (1488)

blargonaut (7)
ultron87 1475
starsketch 1485
*splinter 1488
royal_flush 1489
gryvan 1492
trigger 1493
karkador 1494

MpmftRB.jpg

Night 4 will end in:
gre_1467651600.png

Terrabyte20xx

It2wDGf.gif

"Welcome back, I regret to inform you that the Alliance has once again claimed yet another victim. Be wary as it will only get harder from here on out."

In the Night, Giant Panda was ghosted.

You are Tucker Foley(AKA, Cop)

You are aligned with Amity Park(Town)

You can’t remember his name or what he looks like, but you know the true identity of Danny Phantom. Regardless of this set back, it won’t get a techno-geek like you down. Using a leftover part you picked up from the Fenton’s lab, you were able to convert your trusty PDA into an ecto-detector. Once a night you can investigate a player to check to see if they are a ghost by PMing the command INVESTIGATE: [player name] Don’t worry, your PDA can also detect human DNA, so you won’t accidentally get a false positive when you investigate Danny Phantom.

You win when only Amity Park players remain.

Don’t forget to use your power to VOTE in the game thread.
The game thread is: here

Good Luck

[f] melonrabbit
[m] OceanicAir
[m] SkyOdin
[m] Giant Panda
[m] StanleyPalmtree
[m] gryvan
[m] Flame_AC
[-] Enker
[m] Rats Off to Ya
[m] CrimsonFist
[m] TheWorthyEdge
[m] Trigger
[m] Xamtheking KingKitty *Splinter
[m] Royal_Flush
[f] StarSketch
[m] Ty4on
[m] Matt Attack
[m] El Topo [f] Sophia
[m] CornBurrito
[m] Blargonaut
[m] ultron87
[-] Darryl [m] Karkador

12 players remain, 7 is majority.

v41ulwM.jpg

Will end in:
gre_1467997200.png

Day 5 begins

Karkador

Banned
Well, the puzzle is pretty much there to solve. It's a matter of crossing off names at this point.

Last Day phase, 13 out of the 14 players voted. FlameAC was the only one to not vote.

These people voted for Blarg:

ultron87 1475
starsketch 1485
*splinter 1488
royal_flush 1489
gryvan 1492
trigger 1493
karkador 1494

These people voted elsewhere:

Rats off to ya
Blargonaut
StanleyPalmtree
GiantPanda
Ty4on
melonrabbit

Keep in mind that we almost reached majority on Blarg, but nobody hammered, which kind of suggests that someone who didn't vote on Blarg didn't want to be in the spotlight.

Of those who didn't vote for Blarg, we can eliminate some names. Panda is now confirmed , which means this is left on the list that didn't vote Blarg:

Rats off to ya
StanleyPalmtree
melonrabbit
Flame_AC (didn't vote at all, inactive?)

Likewise, on the list that did vote for Blarg, we would have these names left:

Ultron87
Starsketch
*Splinter
Gryvan
karkador

It seems unlikely that all mafia went one way or another, so my guess is that each group has at least 1 mafia, if not 2.

Karkador

Banned
That's true, but if we start calling Rats claim into question (whether it's real, or whether it's scum-aligned), it threatens to undo all of Panda's results as truth.

I switched Karkador and gryvan last night. I wasn't completely convinced by Panda's claim and Kark said that Danny would confirm him, so my switch would have complicated that.

I'm pretty sold on Kark's claim, possibly to my detriment, but whatever. Darryl's immediate reaction to my own role claim was to ask what my name is, and knowing what we know now I can see he was wondering if I'm one of Danny's friends. Really, a lot of the stuff Darryl did lines up extremely well with what Kark has claimed. If he's lying then this is some pretty next-level shit.

Sorry for not being around for the latter part of the previous day. Had some IRL stuff to take care of.

Karkador

Banned
Because of Panda information.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your role here. Does "not a friend" mean scum? Or just not a actual friend of DP?

DP can only recruit a set of Town power roles who are his "friends". We don't know if all Town PRs are "friends", but every flipped Town PR so far has been one. It's starting to seem likely.

Ty4on not being a friend doesn't specifically mean he's scum, but it means he wasn't a Town PR. Ty claimed Ordinary before that much was said, so it did match our info.

DP can only recruit a set of Town power roles who are his "friends". We don't know if all Town PRs are "friends", but every flipped Town PR so far has been one. It's starting to seem likely.

Ty4on not being a friend doesn't specifically mean he's scum, but it means he wasn't a Town PR. Ty claimed Ordinary before that much was said, so it did match our info.

Thank you for re-explaining.

*Splinter

Kark, what did DP do last night?
In fact it's been 4 nights, what did he do every night?

N1 ?
N2 Recruit Kark
N3 Fail to recruit Ty
N4 ?

Is that right so far?

I'm actually quite surprise Blarg flipped Ordinary. I would have expected Scum or some kind of PR...

The NK could have been worse. At least now we have a few confirmed Townies.

Interesting that Matt Attack didn't put a vote down yesterday.

The ty4on recruit attempt was on n1; Darryl/me was n2, Enker was n3, giant panda was n4
But Enker was already dead N3?

Ty4on

I'm actually quite surprise Blarg flipped Ordinary. I would have expected Scum or some kind of PR...
Blarg sort of claimed ordinary on D1 :p
I'm an Ordinary Townie

Those votes came in really fast though. I could never categorize him, but I clearly town read him compared to the rest.
Rats, Stanley and Panda didn't vote for him, but they were all offline.

But Enker was already dead N3?
Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Enker died N1, got us taking about the Danny Phantom link.

ultron87

Sorry, was doing holiday stuff all yesterday.

OKAY! So. Panda dying is obviously bad, but at least we've got a list of town out of him first. This does mean that we don't have any actual confirmation of the things Karkador has been saying, but I think the fact that both Enker and Panda's PMs say the thing about not remembering Danny, but still knowing who he is, suggests that that is the signature for being "friends". So that all checks out reasonably well for now.

I know I started it, but the speed with which the Blargonaut votes came in at the end was a little disconcerting. Especially the five votes within 7 posts of each other.

blargonaut (7)
ultron87 1475
starsketch 1485
*splinter 1488
royal_flush 1489
gryvan 1492
trigger 1493
karkador 1494

I can't imagine that all of that was town just jumping on the easiest lynch at the time. The cluster of *splinter, royal and gryvan looks the fishiest to me. And *splinter (formerly KingKitty, formerly Xam) has a vote on Karkador right now, which seems odd. And has the miller claim that wasn't even mentioned by their original player. So hey let's start there.

Vote: *splinter

Trigger

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a lynch of *splinter or Gryvan myself. No definitive decision yet though.

It's sucks that we lost our investigator, but the few left are pretty active.

Yeah, I am really sorry but I have been out of town for family reasons (and will be until tomorrow evening) so my time has been really limited. It's led to me not having very much time to post, and unfortunately I didn't get a vote in. I'll try to pop in today during downtimes like meals, although my posting will all be from mobile, so it might take me a little bit to locate evidence.

For now I think that I'm most interested in gryvan, who was both in the group of people (along with CB and TWE) who jumped on Blarg's reasoning for his strange behavior before immediately changing their minds, in addition to being on the Blarg lynch train. Outside of him being a member of these groups, I can't say he's stood out to me very much this game, which probably isn't a good thing this late in the game.

VOTE: gryvan

I'll put a vote there for now, and try to look through his posts to find anything that stands out when I get home this evening. I'm also interested in thinking about how people reacted to Panda's claim- I see some people voted for him very soon after, although I don't really think it makes sense (in most situations, at least) to try to lynch a claimed cop without giving them a chance to prove themselves. Being suspicious of his claim is more than okay, but the votes seemed a little unwise. Obviously Panda didn't get lynched, but there could be something there. Scum would want the cop out of the way, as evidenced by the NK.

*Splinter

Sorry, was doing holiday stuff all yesterday.

OKAY! So. Panda dying is obviously bad, but at least we've got a list of town out of him first. This does mean that we don't have any actual confirmation of the things Karkador has been saying, but I think the fact that both Enker and Panda's PMs say the thing about not remembering Danny, but still knowing who he is, suggests that that is the signature for being "friends". So that all checks out reasonably well for now.

I know I started it, but the speed with which the Blargonaut votes came in at the end was a little disconcerting. Especially the five votes within 7 posts of each other.

I can't imagine that all of that was town just jumping on the easiest lynch at the time. The cluster of *splinter, royal and gryvan looks the fishiest to me. And *splinter (formerly KingKitty, formerly Xam) has a vote on Karkador right now, which seems odd. And has the miller claim that wasn't even mentioned by their original player. So hey let's start there.

Vote: *splinter
I don't have a vote on Kark today, only Stanley does (and he is my best guess for scum, to be fair).

There's not much I can say about the miller claim. I was still reading as a spectator when kitty subbed in, and to be honest I didn't believe his miller claim. With that in mind, perhaps I should be looking for those who easily accepted the claim. As a miller I'm almost guaranteed to be lynched eventually, so scum would feel no need to try and force it early. In fact I'm sure scum would be thrilled if they could leave me alive until lylo.

Looking at the list you posted, I think Trigger was cleared by Panda? And Flush too if we believe Rats' claim. That doesn't leave many options. I'm still unsure on Karkarryl, but you make a good point about the role PM's we've already seen.

Gryvan seems like a good bet. Seems a bit strange that both he and TWE would fall into the same trap, but apart from that I see nothing to make me think he's town.

I also want to look closer at melonrabbit, she stuck to her guns a little too closely yesterday, keeping her Panda vote despite the very good reasons to not lynch him.

Yeah, I am really sorry but I have been out of town for family reasons (and will be until tomorrow evening) so my time has been really limited. It's led to me not having very much time to post, and unfortunately I didn't get a vote in. I'll try to pop in today during downtimes like meals, although my posting will all be from mobile, so it might take me a little bit to locate evidence.

For now I think that I'm most interested in gryvan, who was both in the group of people (along with CB and TWE) who jumped on Blarg's reasoning for his strange behavior before immediately changing their minds, in addition to being on the Blarg lynch train. Outside of him being a member of these groups, I can't say he's stood out to me very much this game, which probably isn't a good thing this late in the game.

I'll put a vote there for now, and try to look through his posts to find anything that stands out when I get home this evening. I'm also interested in thinking about how people reacted to Panda's claim- I see some people voted for him very soon after, although I don't really think it makes sense (in most situations, at least) to try to lynch a claimed cop without giving them a chance to prove themselves. Being suspicious of his claim is more than okay, but the votes seemed a little unwise. Obviously Panda didn't get lynched, but there could be something there. Scum would want the cop out of the way, as evidenced by the NK.

Sounds good.

vote: Gryvan

gryvan

I'll play a little devil's advocate here cause apparently what "stood out" a lot from Matt Attack were three things

1) Lack of posts and the fact that when you do post, its basically 3 paragraphs of what he thought but doesn't come through most of the time. Afterwords, he like disappears for the majority of the day. I understand that IRL happened and all but still..this really makes things too suspicious and coasting around.

2) Lack of a vote last night. I'm curious if you were available last night, who would you have voted for?

3) Haven't "stood out". I mean you really haven't stood out well with me either but comparing both of our post counts...I dunno...it feels more coasty compared to me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even though I don't trust Kark since day 3, I do like the list between the blarg train vs. other votes having potential scum.

i wont be moving my vote just yet, but if it does come down to a choice between Gryvan and Splinter, consider my vote on Splinter.
im not completely sold on Splinter being scum and would rather the vote went other ways, but i pretty strongly think that gryan is town (i looked through most of his posts during the night, got a much better impression of him than earlier).

Keep in mind that we almost reached majority on Blarg, but nobody hammered, which kind of suggests that someone who didn't vote on Blarg didn't want to be in the spotlight.

i know im very biased here, (already thinking that you are scum and all) but this reads really scummy to me,

its like 'oh i know we just lynched another townie, but lets not look at that and focus on everyone who didn't fuck up.'

Top Bottom