• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

*sigh* so this really became a talking point now?

Xam (and I'm specifically asking Xam here, not Blarg), could you please explain to me how saying "X is a disadvantage for Scum" instead of "X is a disadvantage for Town" (with X being something that clearly is a disadvantage for Town) is an alignment indicative slip-up?

Nah. I don't think this was an easy target. I think it was the opposite. It was founded on very shaky grounds. I'm not scum. If TWE isn't scum, scum would've known this was a town vs. town thunderdome. It was based on a very shaky foundation, so they would've waited to see the early fall out first. I think if we're looking for scum based around this activity, we should look at fence sitters.
*shrug* Early roleclaim with immediate sort-of counterclaim looks quite easy... Anyway, I see your point about the town/town thing. That of course would require you being Town. With fence-sitters, do you mean people who didn't comment at all or people who voiced an opinion but didn't commit?

Xam (and I'm specifically asking Xam here, not Blarg),

i253fWf.gif

could you please explain to me how saying "X is a disadvantage for Scum" instead of "X is a disadvantage for Town" (with X being something that clearly is a disadvantage for Town) is an alignment indicative slip-up?

*sigh*

Look.

Royal_Flush quite obviously and absent-mindedly let slip his scum-alignment when he made the above statement, referring to the effects of DP's lynching as being detrimental to scum (i.e, his team), not Town, which he should have said if he was truly an innocent citizen.

tres Freudian

...still no one gets it, huh? ¬_¬

Okay...

tBVhZER.gif

1 Day of anonymous voting via PM = advantage for scum, as any vote-bandwagoning is effectively hidden from sight that Day

Danny Phantom gets lynched = 1 Day of anonymous voting via PM
Danny Phantom gets lynched = 1 Day of anonymous voting via PM = disadvantage for Town

disadvantage for Town = advantage for scum
"disadvantage for Scum" = advantage for Town

advantage for scum =/= "disadvantage for Scum"

Therefore:

[Danny Phantom gets lynched = disadvantage for Town] =/= [advantage for Town = "disadvantage for Scum"]

Danny Phantom gets lynched =/= "disadvantage for Scum", Danny Phantom gets lynched = advantage for scum = disadvantage for Town

Hence,

Royal_Flush made a huge mistake

UNVOTE: Royal_Flush

VOTE: Royal_Flush

SkyOdin

Man, I still have seven more people to go through in my note-taking. This is making me yearn for a smaller game.

Xam (and I'm specifically asking Xam here, not Blarg), could you please explain to me how saying "X is a disadvantage for Scum" instead of "X is a disadvantage for Town" (with X being something that clearly is a disadvantage for Town) is an alignment indicative slip-up?

*shrug* Early roleclaim with immediate sort-of counterclaim looks quite easy... Anyway, I see your point about the town/town thing. That of course would require you being Town. With fence-sitters, do you mean people who didn't comment at all or people who voiced an opinion but didn't commit?
(It's a talking point because it's Day-fucking-One, where ever post needs to be analyzed an dreanalyzed until you know all of its secrets, or so I've heard. That's what people keep telling me to do, anyway. Is the typo super-ultra-mega-damning? No, not really. Is it the most damning thing to me we have so far? I think so. If I had my way we would No Lynch D1, but that's never going to happen because people like blood.)

No, Flush's mistake was not "understandable". It was careless, absent-minded.

Your reaction to his mistake, might be understandable.

Might, since your current opinion could also be construed as 'jumping in out of nowhere to run damage control for him', by trying to downplay his slip's significance like you are... "understandably"?

On one hand, it seems a lot to bet on a single typo.

But... I've used similarly straw-grasping arguments in past games.

I'd be alright with a flush or ultra vote to potentially test this out.

On one hand, it seems a lot to bet on a single typo.

But... I've used similarly straw-grasping arguments in past games.

I'd be alright with a flush or ultra vote to potentially test this out.
(The weight a typo carries changes depending on the day. If we had information from roles to look at instead, it probably wouldn't be analyzed nearly as much.)

Although, not ultron; at the moment, I'd rather Flush... this issue out at the source, since it was he who dropped the typo himself.

(Acknowledged. Though to me it seems suspicious he only said that after other people were talking about it. If I make a typo, I see it and try to acknowledge it right away. I will concede people can be busy sometimes, though. Nevertheless, I'm still going to keep my vote where it is, as it's the stickiest thing to me right now.)

(Also, hey guys, look at this brand new bandwagon that someone gave me!)

Thats not really true. only blarg posted in between the typo and the correction. and the correction wasn't even that long after the first mistake. the timing of his response makes total sense for the case that this was just a typo.

i thought you said we need to over-analyse this kind of stuff, and not just take blargs word for it?

Darryl, I was just wondering how did you know I was "lying" about being Danny Phantom? You seemed to be the only one that was serious about the post, and that made others hop on.

22 players ~4 or 5 Mafia members.

J'accuse–
El Topo - MAFIA
His questionnaire may be taken as a tentative push for more post activity, or else a convenient pre-generated excuse for his scum partners to contribute.

Royal_Flush - MAFIA
Slips a #scumtell typo, and then directly avoids his accuser, in the hope that it will all just fade away. Like it or not, this is our best lead right now.

ultron87 - MAFIA
Pleads for us to be understanding about RF's mistake, which can be taken either way.

gryvan - MAFIA
I get an edgy vibe from his posts, somehow he seems uncomfortably nervous.

Trigger, Ty4on or Enker - SCUM?
Gut feeling.

The Royal_Flush typo case is pretty weak. I get that it's D1 and it's not impossible that he really did slip up, but I'm not really feeling it. This would be almost like if I got lynched in Ace Attorney Mafia for the time I accidentally said that I was Maya instead of Mia.

If it does end up coming down to him or Xam at the end of the day, I would sooner vote Flush. I kind of get people's concerns against Xam but I'm definitely getting town vibes from his direction. Might be something about the way he words his reasoning and has dealt with the criticisms thrown at him, but it reads pretty well to me.

If you're thinking what I'm thinking, I wouldn't push that,
So it seems we're thinking along the same lines than. I was debating on whether or not I wanted to bring it up...

You guys do realize that this is almost exactly like "bringing it up"?

*snip*

Sorian has been ghosted!

*snip*

Now before I leave you to prepare, I must explain something concerning Danny Phantom. Danny Phantom is the bridge between our worlds. It doesn’t matter if it’s ghost or human, hate or love, he means something to all of us. As such, it would bring about grave consequences if anything bad were to happen to him. If Danny is banished or ghosted, the following day will have an anonymous vote. I will explain in greater detail should that situation arise.

For now, however, I leave you to your preparations. Until then..."

TIME OUT!

If Danny is banished or ghosted

If being "ghosted" is elimination, then what's being "banished"?

El Topo

I assume Danny has a human and a ghost form. "Killing" the human form is "ghosted" and "killing" the ghost form is "banished"?

Ty4on

The fluff just before Sorian was ghosted says:
However, it appears that those who represent evil have already made their first move, behold!

Could it just be the fluff for NK?
Banished would make sense as the fluff for the lynch.

El Topo

Maybe there are two separate abilities? One that allows a player to kill a ghost and one that allows a player to kill a human? Terra, do we live on as a ghost if we get "ghosted"?

Ty4on

no no, you see, its medium, like some talking to ghosts medium.
-_-

Serious question though, I've never seen the show, but does a medium or anything after death make sense? Googling about it the most I understood was that Danny was unique in that he has a ghost and human form and ghosts seemed more like separate creatures rather than dead humans.

Heck, googling it gave me:
In "Danny Phantom", the ghosts are not the disembodied spirits of dead people. They're "monsters/creatures" from a mysterious dimension called the "Ghost Zone". Although it's never said in the series, but by the creator, Butch Hartman.
Maybe there are two separate abilities? One that allows a player to kill a ghost and one that allows a player to kill a human? Terra, do we live on as a ghost if we get "ghosted"?
Is Danny then susceptible to both?

i was completely talking out of my ass with the medium thing, i dont know if there is any kind of medium in the show, and i really doubt its a thing in the game.

This is a main season game and was advertised as not being overly bastard. There will not be a medium or other splinteresque mechanics.

Top Bottom