• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dante fights Credo in New Devil May Cry X trailer

Zomba13

Holy fuck, it's 9 minutes long? And all that effort and mo cap and bullshit. God damn. My life would honestly be improved if pachislot wasn't a thing. It's done nothing but negatively impact my life. I would take no Castlevania or MGS or DMC or Silent Hill over Erotic Action and Hit the Lever. Like, this stuff even existing hurts my soul.

NVoccyD.jpg
My face right now too tbh

lololol, I found this pretty funny. I mean, it's pretty obvious that it was too good to be true, especially since this wasn't announced during any major event like E3 or whatever.

Really though, I don't think highly of gambling in general, so I guess I might not understand, but is all this effort for a pachislot machine really necessary? I mean, I understand why companies license out or use their existing well known IPs for them, but a nine minute trailer and a bunch of mocap? Is the industry really THAT profitable and competitive?

CNCOMICS

Capcom heard the fans and brought original Dante back. LOLZ!

But serious question, is Jun Senoue a composer for the DMC series? Because those first few songs sound like some of Shadow the Hedgehog's character themes and BMG from his titular game?

Big Nikus

Actually, I feel bad for the Konami employees that love the games of the company and have no choice but to work on these things. I can't fathom the despair they must be feeling. Poor guys.

Sesha

This thread has got more posts than almost any other DMC-related thread I've done, sans the Reuben and Johnny mo-cap one. Not even the Lady/Trish gameplay or Capcom official style tournaments got people this excited.

Capcom heard the fans and brought original Dante back. LOLZ!

But serious question, is Jun Senoue a composer for the DMC series? Because those first few songs sound like some of Shadow the Hedgehog's character themes and BMG from his titular game?

I don't think so. Not according to the credits of any of the games. Tetsuya Shibata is the series main composer starting with DMC2.

Actually, I feel bad for the Konami employees that love the games of the company and have no choice but to work on these things. I can't fathom the despair they must be feeling. Poor guys.

I imagine the arcade divisions have little to do with the rest of the company, same with Capcom. A lot of them probably don't care. Some are probably even proud of the work they do.

_Ryo_

This isnt what fans meant when they said they wanted a new Devil May Cry game with the original Dante, Capcom...

CNCOMICS

This thread has got more posts than almost any other DMC-related thread I've done, sans the Reuben and Johnny mo-cap one. Not even the Lady/Trish gameplay or Capcom official style tournaments got people this excited.

I don't think so. Not according to the credits of any of the games. Tetsuya Shibata is the series main composer starting with DMC2.

I imagine the arcade divisions have little to do with the rest of the company, same with Capcom. A lot of them probably don't care. Some are probably even proud of the work they do.

Oh okay, thanks for the reply.

Big Nikus

Yeah, I even got the companies mixed up in my head. I thought "disappointment" so Konami came to mind.

We'll have DMC 5 announced in a month, everyting is fine.
#believe

Xerotwo

Was that based on the mo-cap news with Reuben and JYB? If so, why would they waste their time and effort for a damn pachislot game? :(

Baalzebup

Hehaha, I can expecting some thread-fuckery and I was not disappointed. The name Devil May Cry X gave me all the warning I needed. Thank you.

KyleCross

How the fuck does one read the title "Dante fights Credo in New Devil May Cry X trailer" and think it's an announcement of a new DMC installment?

Y'all baited yourselves.

Son Of D

How the fuck does one read the title "Dante fights Credo in New Devil May Cry X trailer" and think it's an announcement of a new DMC installment?

Y'all baited yourselves.
Exactly. The game name alone made me immediately think mobile or Pachislot. Then add in a mention of Credo who was only in DMC4 and dies and that just reconfirmed it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I realize we're nearing E3 time, so I accept my incoming ban. It slipped my mind.

latest

LOL there's not a chance you're going to get banned for your completely accurate title and thread content. People who are still working through Kubler-Ross with Konami can torment themselves all they want.

(
Now that's how you troll.
)

Where is that image of Auto and Roll reacting to the phone ringing off the hook cause people are calling to complain to Capcom?

Cause I NEED it right now.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I actually think pachislot stuff is funny/interesting when it isn't the reanimated corspe of a dead IP

Top Bottom