• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours |OT| A local couch co-op shmup in 2015, aw yiss.

gnomed

Nkce bump. I totally forgot about it's existence. And you're telling me about a potential Thunder Force too, awesome.

KDR_11k

I vote for everything but Cave! But sadly for me, Cave seems to be winning.

Sigh... Do any Cave games actually have interesting powerup systems or is it just the "collect POWs until maximum attack" stuff with a button to switch between super wide rapid spread shot and a focussed attack most bullet hells have? I like the Murakumo in the base game because it has complexity to its abilities like switching weapons for different situations and sacrificing standard firepower to run the burst attack, my least favorite DLC ships are those that just shoot and super-attack.

Momentary

Banned
Cave and Raizing DLC coming as well as a physical release in Japan. The cave DLC was posted on STEAMSPY for months. The poll has nithing to do with its inclusion.

eastx

PS4 and Vita versions are on sale through Monday morning as part of the current Flash Sale. I finally got the PS4 version.

Booted up my Vita copy for the first time in months and discovered my save file is gone. Downloaded the cloud backup and it still completely resets my progress. That stings a bit.

Finally picked this bad boy and booted it up this morning.

Totally went under my radar, bought the PS4 version and now I'm considering the Vita version (depending if it's a good port). Playing it made me realize how I missed this series. And the soundtrack is amazing. Didn't know Michiru Yamane was involved somehow. I'll probably pick up the OST also.

@MUWANdo

Banned
The third round of DLC comes out next week (December 15)--it's a CAVE pack with ships, systems, music etc from Dodonpachi Resurrection, Deathsmiles and Ketsui:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVOfYSThopQ

The guest composers for this DLC are Yousuke Yasui (Eschatos, Mamorukun Curse), Keishi Yonao (Strania) and WASi303 (Psyvariar).

@MUWANdo

Banned
The Cave DLC is out now!

The release date and price for the PS4 disc version have also been revealed: it'll be released in Japan on March 30 for 5800 yen.

They're also doing a limited-edition package for 9800 yen; it'll come with an arrange CD (the Cave/Raizing DLC music), a 3-piece set of Silver Hawk Burst figures in the 2P/3P/4P colours (no pictures but they're based on the existing Shooting Game Historica figures by Takara Tomy) and new box art.

JP

The third round of DLC comes out next week (December 15)--it's a CAVE pack with ships, systems, music etc from Dodonpachi Resurrection, Deathsmiles and Ketsui:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVOfYSThopQ

The guest composers for this DLC are Yousuke Yasui (Eschatos, Mamorukun Curse), Keishi Yonao (Strania) and WASi303 (Psyvariar).
The Cave DLC is out now!

The release date and price for the PS4 disc version have also been revealed: it'll be released in Japan on March 30 for 5800 yen.

They're also doing a limited-edition package for 9800 yen; it'll come with an arrange CD (the Cave/Raizing DLC music), a 3-piece set of Silver Hawk Burst figures in the 2P/3P/4P colours (no pictures but they're based on the existing Shooting Game Historica figures by Takara Tomy) and new box art.
The video makes it look really impressive.

I only picked up the other two DLC packs a couple of days ago in a sale and I love what they did with them. I don't think that I need any more content at the moment but after trying the previous DLC, I'll definitely be getting to at some point.

If I was buying any of this type of content today then the PS4 version of Battle Garegga would be first stop although I'm doing my best to resist...at the moment.

The Cave DLC is out now!

Kinda want that premium pack to complement my existing silverhark figure, lol.

meppi

No idea when the new DLC will hit Europe right?

I have the Japanese Vita version (as well as the EU PS4/Vita games), but DLC is such a mess on the Vita with the one account limit, so I don't bother with it.

Will definitely pick up the Japanese physical PS4 edition as well though.

Actually, this thread just made me order Instant Brain for 360 even though I have Dodonpachi on both Saturn and PSone. :)

And then I also caved and ordered Bullet Soul and Bullet Soul Infinite Burst...
This shit is definitely an addiction at this point. ;P

Dantooine

Banned
Wow, I had no idea the Cave Dlc was a thing. Anyone know if the Japanese physical release in March have all the dlc included on disc?

JP

No idea when the new DLC will hit Europe right?
I can't tell you that but it hopefully won't be too long as these were the most recent three patch notes...
Code:
[B]v1.06[/B] - Adding CAVE DLC
Code:
[B]v1.07[/B] - Minor DLC Adjustments
Code:
[B]v1.08[/B] - Fix a rare crash bug that could happen with new ship
For some reason the DLC seemed to have raised issues with the game, v1.08 was released today so hopefully that means they'll be ready to go.

meppi

I can't tell you that but it hopefully won't be too long as these were the most recent three patch notes...
Code:
[B]v1.06[/B] - Adding CAVE DLC
Code:
[B]v1.07[/B] - Minor DLC Adjustments
Code:
[B]v1.08[/B] - Fix a rare crash bug that could happen with new ship
For some reason the DLC seemed to have raised issues with the game, v1.08 was released today so hopefully that means they'll be ready to go.

Really hope so.
I saw the patch download yesterday on PS4 and quickly hopped into the store in the hope that it might be up.
Perhaps next Wednesday...

ChryZ

Cross post from another thread, this might be interesting to fellow PC users, who enjoy nice picture quality.

Default, no AA*:
BO3UUCK.png

8x SGSSAA*
NvmOQpe.png

*1:1 crop from 1800p

DARIUSBURST CS doesn't require any special anti-aliasing compatibility bits, just force via the driver:

FKOtX0h.png

Sophia

So... tried out EX Extreme mode and... wow, that's some sadistic stuff. I wonder if anyone's ever 1cc it? x_X

Zone X will give me nightmares.

The CAVE DLC ships are REALLY GOOD tho. I'm impressed with how close they handle to their original counterparts. Although I keep losing armor and not realizing it because the damage sound is different.

I always was wondered about the silver balls that you sometimes find by shooting the ground. Is it random how many points you get for collecting it, or is there some reason or cause for the points being really low or high?

Late to the partyyyy!!! ...Anyone here? I bought the game in the Steam sale.

This game is fun as hell! I only played the CS mode so far. It's getting hard really fast. :O Is it recommended to grind for a certain alternative ship or am I just bad?

I read the pdf and I'm slowly understandig the basic scoring mechanics and the counterburst.

Tips are welcome. :)

Late to the partyyyy!!! ...Anyone here? I bought the game in the Steam sale.

This game is fun as hell! I only played the CS mode so far. It's getting hard really fast. :O Is it recommended to grind for a certain alternative ship or am I just bad?

I read the pdf and I'm slowly understandig the basic scoring mechanics and the counterburst.

Tips are welcome. :)

Practice the counter burst as much as you can. Even if you don't need it against an easy boss, do it anyway to learn the timing. Knowing the timing is life and death against the hardest bosses, especially the ones with bursts that aren't straight lines.

Most of the early ships have a second static burst option, which is extremely valuable for setting up a shield against incoming shots. Learn this because it's tricky to do and also different for different ships.

And in general you just need to know the routine for every model of boss from beginning to end. If you're getting surprised by anything you probably won't survive.

Intel_89

Since the game is currently on sale in Europe, I was wondering if it's worth paying the extra 3€ for the PS4 version. I don't plan to play it with friends since none of my friends are into shmups so it comes down to the extra digital artbook and the game performance, is there any slowdown or issues with the PS Vita version?

ChryZ

Practice the counter burst as much as you can. Even if you don't need it against an easy boss, do it anyway to learn the timing. Knowing the timing is life and death against the hardest bosses, especially the ones with bursts that aren't straight lines.

Most of the early ships have a second static burst option, which is extremely valuable for setting up a shield against incoming shots. Learn this because it's tricky to do and also different for different ships.

And in general you just need to know the routine for every model of boss from beginning to end. If you're getting surprised by anything you probably won't survive.
Really good advise, not much else to add really. I'd also suggest to watch superplay videos on youtube, you can learn a lot from that.

Anyway to stretch this out to full screen on ps4? Every screen shot I've seen makes it look badly letterboxed

That part of the game is a straight port of an arcade game that used two 16:9 monitors side to side. If you want it to be full screen then you have to get the pc version and use two monitors. There are home only modes however that use just the single sceen fully, but in my opinion they dont work as well with the smaller visable area and reduced room to manuever.

12915256324_076885f224_b.jpg

crossposting!

There's a new sale starting on EU PSN Store later today, it's not up officially yet but so far I've seen Caldrius Blaze at £6.49, Darius Burst (PS4) at £9.99 and Darius Burst (Vita) at £6.99. Fantastic prices for anybody who doesn't own them yet.

DBCS is a steal @ those prices.

is there any slowdown or issues with the PS Vita version?

the screen is too small and doesn't have the resolution to adequately display the 32:9 play area with the necessary fidelity, can be very difficult to see what is going on at times. go for the ps4 or pc version.

Intel_89

the screen is too small and doesn't have the resolution to adequately display the 32:9 play area with the necessary fidelity, can be very difficult to see what is going on at times. go for the ps4 or pc version.

That's what I thought, thanks a lot for your help, I guess I'll top my psn wallet to grab the PS4 version (I'm 1€ short).

Thanks (also @ ChryZ), so basically I'll just continue to practice and "get good". ;) What is the most essential DLC for this game? I love the cave games but maybe one of the others makes the most sense and has the best content?

So how many extra stages actually come with these DLC packs? I'm thinking of getting the Raizing/Eighting pack (will be my first DLC for the game) and in addition to the three Eighting exclusive stages it says it also gives access to "The Eighting pack, 10 newly arranged stages including 3 boss fights, as well as CS Pack 4: 10 stages from CS mode." This wording is in all the other packs too. That sounds like a lot of content, does each DLC pack come with 20 original stages in addition to the ship specific stages or am I misreading something here?

Top Bottom