• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II - First review

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Can someone explain the "casul" misspelling thing?
They weren't leaping off cliffs because it was a good weapon, they were leaping because they didn't want to have to spend the souls repairing broken armor. It's a troll weapon.
Duh, I know. It barely costs anything to repair anything so it's truly pointless. Plus spears were loe tier weapons in DeS so they were super easy to counter anyway. Scraping idiots never successfully trolled me and I can't imagine anyone reallu caring about cheaply and easily repaired gear.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can someone explain the "casul" misspelling thing?

Duh, I know. It barely costs anything to repair anything so it's truly pointless. Plus spears were loe tier weapons in DeS so they were super easy to counter anyway. Scraping idiots never successfully trolled me and I can't imagine anyone reallu caring about cheaply and easily repaired gear.

Youtube Dark Souls Prepare to Casual and you'll be enlightened by the holy light. Im keeping it casual cause I dont want to be explaining it on the OT often.

Ill Saint

Oh, I see. Sorry about that. I guess I never thought of that because I never went to even the catacombs without having gone to Anor Londo first. Would have sucked to have gotten two bonfires into Tomb of the Giants only to hit that fog brick wall and have to get all the way back out.

That actually happened to me, and funnily enough it was probably my most memorable moment in the game. That feeling of utter hopelesness, despair, and trepidation while faced with what seemed like the insurmountable and harrowing task of making my way back up from the bowels of the earth, to finally seeing the sky open up at Firelink was euphoric beyond measure. That feeling of triumph at overcoming despair and reaching the light against all odds pretty much defines what DaS is all about for me personally.

However, I don't believe this magic will be lost in DaS II even with warpable bonfires. I'm not so cynical to think that FROM don't know their own game well enough to understand what makes it so special. I'm looking forward to finding out for myself over the coming months.

Raitaro

Of the thread titles mentioned recently, I like these two the best:

Dark Souls 2 |OT| Hallowed be thy game

I'd change it to "Hollowed Be Thy Game" though.

and:

Dark Souls 2 |OT| Respec My Authority

Which I would possibly change to "Respec My Superiority", or even "You Can't Respec My Superiority" to reflect how much this game's old school challenge means to so many people in light of current "casualization" of the games industry.

Giantdad build may be cheap and stupid but it aint broken. It's a joke that reflects part of the community.

You do know the entire point of that build is to show how broken the game is.

Giant dads, have max poise, max damage, the fastest rolling speed, high defense and oh and did I mention they are under SL 100. Thankfully, most people that use them just spam R1 and so get parried to kingdom come but in the hands of a good player, he/she will dead angle and oif you get hit its game over. Unless you have over 1300 HP in which case well done you have like <300HP lol.

krakov

Giant dads, have max poise, max damage, the fastest rolling speed, high defense and oh and did I mention they are under SL 100. Thankfully, most people that use them just spam R1 and so get parried to kingdom come but in the hands of a good player, he/she will dead angle and oif you get hit its game over. Unless you have over 1300 HP in which case well done you have like <300HP lol.

What are you? casul?
Giant dads does not have max poise nor max damage. Any PVP build has over 1300 HP and if you lose 1000 HP of a chaos zweihander hit you are probably naked with the calamity ring on. Zwei is easy to roll backstab, easy to parry and easy to toggle. It's a scrubby build with plenty of crutches but it's not even close to broken.

Sanctuary

How do you hit 25% load wearing all of that gear?

Oh, nevermind. 66 END would do it.

What are you? casul?
Giant dads does not have max poise nor max damage. Any PVP build has over 1300 HP and if you lose 1000 HP of a chaos zweihander hit you are probably naked with the calamity ring on. Zwei is easy to roll backstab, easy to parry and easy to toggle. It's a scrubby build with plenty of crutches but it's not even close to broken.

Its in the highest poise bracket. At SL 100, many people have HP 1300 or less. Zwei does like 500+ DMG wearing light armour. As I said if some one is dead angling, good luck trying to parry or fish for backstabs.

The fact that there is a build where you can roll at the highest speed whilst having a greatsword and high poise, high defence armour is the very definition of broken.

Orayn

Its in the highest poise bracket. At SL 100, many people have HP 1300 or less. Zwei does like 500+ DMG wearing light armour. As I said if some one is dead angling, good luck trying to parry or fish for backstabs.

The fact that there is a build where you can roll at the highest speed whilst having a greatsword and high poise, high defence armour is the very definition of broken.

The definition of broken is one shotting people with Pursuers. Giantdad is a footnote under the definition of "pretty good."

I had sold my PS3 and 360 to pick up all of the "next" gen (ps4/xbone/wiiu) a few months ago. Then I read that the PC version is delayed.

Just picked up a used 120gb ps3 slim (after I JUST sold my PS3) just for dark souls 2.

My. Body. Is. Ready.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
giantdad is the drake sword of pvp
Pr0bl3m u casul?
iCaG24sNcApBv.gif

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
About the respec, is confirmed that you'll have only one or we just make assumption?

It's a microtransaction that comes with the Season Pass. I think they're pricing it around £1.99 for a one off and £10 for unlimited.

Sorry, that's Dark Souls 3. TBH all we (sort of) know is that it's "very rare" according to the German review.

Shinjica

It's a microtransaction that comes with the Season Pass. I think they're pricing it around £1.99 for a one off and £10 for unlimited.

Sorry, that's Dark Souls 3. TBH all we (sort of) know is that it's "very rare" according to the German review.

You forget Solaire DLC 4.99$. You can summon your favorite Sunbro who will fight with you for the entire game

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You forget Solaire DLC 4.99$. You can summon your favorite Sunbro who will fight with you for the entire game

Haha!

Personally, I'm holding out for the Four Knights of Gwyn DLC. You get fully upgraded Gough, Sir Atorias, Ornstein and the Lord's Blade Ciaran as AI bodyguards, and they basically complete the game for you.

Only £39.99.

Eat Snaky Smores.

Conezays

Wow, I didn't even see that there was a couple reviews already out! So far, sounds good to me. Currently playing through Demon's :D

Not sure if I can wait for PC version but I know I should...bah.

Top Bottom