• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

Still on my first playthrough, but I still want to play several different builds in the future.
Any idea what a luck build would look like and what equipment you would use?

konjak

So, have many other people seen that the "miniboss"
Stray Demon
can have
its legs shattered and change to a completely new moveset? Like Laurence in Bloodborne, basically. You seem to cause this with R2-only hits to the thighs.

I thought this was an insane amount of work put into what is basically a one-off enemy.

leehom

Best place to farm the covenant items? Trying to platinum this game.

I knocked out 31 vertebra's last night, but can't figure out how to get the other 4. I know with sunlight all I need to do is help people kill a boss and I'm halfway there. I don't understand how the other covenants work.

Ferr986

If you guys want to Darkmoon it, go do it at Archives. I was invading there and Darkmoon guys were constantly being summoned. This was before the patch too.

Nah it doesnt work. I mean there will always be bluebros in invasions because there's more of them that people with the way of blue covenant, but a big chunk of bluebros are still getting no action.

Spent 2 days there already, and nothing.

LiK

Nah it doesnt work. I mean there will always be bluebros in invasions because there's more of them that people with the way of blue covenant, but a big chunk of bluebros are still getting no action.

Spent 2 days there already, and nothing.

Really? Oh well. I kept encountering them there. Got killed by one dick using the Havel shield too.

zma1013

In DS1 & 2 there were fall offs with player stats that made it a bad idea to keep leveling up.

Any idea what these are in DS3?

An example of this would be leveling Endurance to a point where you get very little if anything back from doing it.

It's very similar to the other games. You will get 0 extra stamina past 40 endurance, just like the other games.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
As someone who preferred Demon's Souls lack of poise, I can't stop laughing at the poise thing and people whining about it.

Dark Souls 1-style poise can stay dead as far as I'm concerned. I hope they never bring it back.

They should buff defense stats on heavy armour at least, I'll give you that.

Kyoufu

If you guys want to Darkmoon it, go do it at Archives. I was invading there and Darkmoon guys were constantly being summoned. This was before the patch too.

Well it's supposed to summon you anywhere in the world I think, not just at the area you're at currently, no?

p3n

AW and Final Boss. Final Boss gave me ~50k or ~100k souls per win. Still don't exactly know what determins the souls I get dropped tho :S

At your level you probably got summoned into NG+2 or NG+3 maye even higher. Most people wont level higher than 120 or 125 and just rush through the higher NGs for slabs.

p3n

Are there any items that don't transfer to NG+?

Everything transfers except for "key"-category items and one special soul that is obtainable in a quest line. You also can only trade every item to the crows once per NG so be sure to get your slab before moving on.

psychotron

I'm doing a STR build, currently 41 STR, 40 VIG, and 20 END. Endurance seems like it's not changing at all. I still get the same number of swings, and roll number seems the same. Feels like wasted souls.

usp84

Uhh so I cant coccent online to my PS4...Does anyone else have this problem?

Also WTF the framerate seems to be much worse now that i am offline!?

Audioboxer

I tried out a sorcerer/magic for 5 hours or so. Seems absolutely fine. Nuking things from afar is still easy mode, although you are squishy and can die quickly.

Still, I find it boring. Just more satisfying to roll around whacking things.

p3n

I'm doing a STR build, currently 41 STR, 40 VIG, and 20 END. Endurance seems like it's not changing at all. I still get the same number of swings, and roll number seems the same. Feels like wasted souls.

Endurance scales until 40 to raise your maximum stamina. After that it only raises your resistances to status procs.

Vitor711

Um, so why am I suddenly
hollowed
again?

I thought I'd cured this? I spoke to the fire lady and paid 5-levels worth of souls to do so. Only it's started happening again.

Was having a blast getting Vertebra shackles last night in front of DA, but then I kept running into this same group of 4 gankers who were just waiting for invasions. They would gang up on invaders really aggressively then do cocky gestures and stuff. I remembered the what the host looked like. This was the sweetest revenge ever :)

http://xboxclips.com/Jellycrackers/44c0efeb-2f25-4867-8d5e-6fc3c13a35b8

Spam R1 more than twice, and you will pay for it... :D

There is no reason for the Blades of the Darkmoon Covenant to be another Blue Sentinels.

It's overall worse which can only be access late in the game and is hidden. The Spell Buff isn't even worth it because you can find a lightning blade in Irithyll Dungeon.

KHlover

Banned
Lucerne or Black Knight Halberd. The special attack combo is fun.

Glaive has the same special attack combo, hasn't it? Maybe I'll challenge myself with the Greatsword until I get another shot at the Farron GS.

EDIT: Refined GS+10 is worse than regular GS+10? Bleh. Still, changing my appearance and then it's time to start NG+. Woohoo

MortosDer

Neo Member
You know? When you're on NG+ and say "Hey, I've got all these sets and weapons, let's play some fashion souls" And you go around with all these sweet looking big ass swords and then you reach
Champion Gundyr
and decide you're going back to the butcher knife because it's just too good? It's just too good! Been using it against every boss so far.
I have my hopes set on Farron Greatsword. That L2 just seems too fun! Maybe it will make finally leave behind my beloved Butcher Knife.

Jamesways

Beat it last night. Loved the final boss battle, took me several tries to get down the patterns. He was easier than NK, that's for sure. I have to be honest, I summoned for NK after banging my head against him for a while.

Overall, I think this is my favorite Souls game. BB was amazing, and DS1 was magic, but the level design was great in this, and it's so full of the best weapons and armor.

Prepping NG+ now, will adjust looks and stats and run with a light armor dual sword build.

Absolutely great game, having a ton of fun helping people with bosses in this.

IbukiLordSA

Was having a blast getting Vertebra shackles last night in front of DA, but then I kept running into this same group of 4 gankers who were just waiting for invasions. They would gang up on invaders really aggressively then do cocky gestures and stuff. I remembered the what the host looked like. This was the sweetest revenge ever :)

Good stuff man, it's always great to see videos like this, even with 4 people these guys are still so crap lol, all that R1 spam and nothing. You know that this had them raging so much, love it.

Tingle

With 3 big DLCs this game will be huge and nearly perfect to me i think. Can't wait.

Wasn't it confirmed to be 2 DLCs? I don't think we are getting 3, which is fine to me if they are at Bloodborne's quality level.

Edit: Yeah, I checked the season pass info, its 2 DLCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom