• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sulyvahn's Beasts
have awesome enemy design. Reminds me strongly of the Watchdog from Bloodborne with a little Gaping Dragon thrown in. Doesn't hurt that the
Irithyll
area is goddamn beautiful, either.

The Prima guide came up in the first OT - I'm kinda coming around on it. I've only been using it sporadically so I don't ruin things, but its major downfall IMO is that it doesn't tell you specific treasure locations, only that "treasure is in X spot" or whatever. But other than that, the maps and bestiary have been pretty cool and the walkthrough is still useful for going back through an area you've cleared to see if you've missed anything important.

I beat abyss watchers on my first try. Is that normal? SL lvl47 with a +4 butchers and the npc.

And yea stealth brag I guess but I feel like I was reading that this was troublesome for ppl. Am I over leveled?

How is it playing through this game as a magic user? Any thoughts? I never do it in souls games but I'm thinking of making my second playthrough magic oriented. I just worry that it will still be 90% melee. I guess I could use a magic scaling weapon...I think there are those right? Never really looked for it.

I am almost exclusively INT with soul magic.

The main issue is the cast time for your main nuke (greater heavy soul arrow) is SLOW. Like, unbelievably slow. The enemies in this game love to charge you so it's very difficult to get hits in at times.

That said, I'm now at 60 INT and my spells hit extremely hard. It's very satisfying seeing massive chunks fall off health bars.

As for PVP, it's a no go honestly. People are too good at dodging spells and you're too vulnerable up close.

pa22word

hard mode

when ?
Seriously >.>

Champions cov was such a simple and elegant feature that I can't believe it didn't make it back.

Like, why take something out like that? Similar to power stance im left clueless as to why they would make such a weird move considering the glass cannon nature of a lot of the bosses anyways.

usp84

Quote bump for answer >.>

I'm in a similar predicament and don't want to waste my time unnecessarily.

I think ng+ rings are at different locations than the normal ones so if you didn't find a ring in NG then it should be where it is supposed to be in NG+.

I beat abyss watchers on my first try. Is that normal? SL lvl47 with a +4 butchers and the npc.

And yea stealth brag I guess but I feel like I was reading that this was troublesome for ppl. Am I over leveled?

That seems like a high level, but maybe I just have been running through underleveled :p.

Cracklox

I discovered I have a talent for making that 1 fuck up in boss fights that you can't afford to make. 5 hours later on (late game boss I gather) D
ragonslayer
A
rmour
I resorted to summoning for the 1st time, and some magey dude nuked him with magic and got all the aggro while I chased it around trying to land a hit. He died as he landed the killing blow too, and he did prob 90% of the lifting id say. Cheers fellow sunbro dude. Id like to have done more, but his magic was hitting proper hard and I hardly had a chance

The thing is doing it solo, so many of its attacks would 1 shot me, and quite literally 1 mistimed roll and i was dead. I learnt pretty much all it's attacks, but inevitably I would stuff something up.

Given I haven't heard too many people having trouble there, but heard plenty about other bosses in the late game, me and my old man gaming reflexes are seriously going to be put to the test from here on out I think

Nameless

You should have to dispatch the invader one way or another before being allowed to enter the boss fog, or at the very least there should be a timer. Play offline, don't summon, of stand and fight...chicken shittery shouldn't be an option.

MilkBeard

It's a relatively easy boss when you figure out that you can simply backstab them to death.

However, lvl 47 is a tad overleved, imo

GulAtiCa

You should have to dispatch the invader one way or another before being allowed to enter the boss fog, or at the very least there should be a timer. Play offline, don't summon, of stand and fight...chicken shittery shouldn't be an option.

If they were going for the boss already, I really don't consider it "chicken shittery"...

If they disconnected on you, then they are cowards.

Bluenoser

I beat them on my first try as well. I was low 30's I believe. After I beat first form, I was like.... that CANT be it. And there was more, and I was disappointed in that too. Very easy fight, IMO. Now
Pontiff Sulyvahn
.... oh my.

MUnited83

For you.
Faith only is probably harder than that at this point >.>

Sl1 runs are a dumb answer anyways considering this is a problem that ds2 solved years ago to a satisfactory end rather elegantly.

It's really sad to see how this game didn't build on some of the great strenghts and improvements from 2 :/

MUnited83

For you.

I guess it depends on the weapon people use. I fought them at SL36 alone with a +2 katana and it was the most underwhelming boss I've fought in the series. They have so low HP and so low poise that they can be staggered for lenghty combos easily.

Zeliard

Sorta tired of progressing through the game, though 4 bosses in a day will do that to ya. What are some of the hotspots for PVP and what covenants seem to be the most active? I'm near the end of the game but have only access to Sunbros, Farron, Way of Blue, and Blue Sentinel.

Having a blast atm laying down a purple sign
a little bit past the Pontiff bonfire
. Turns out people want all the help they can get there, even to risk that sort of summon.

I put on the Untrue Dark Ring so I look like the host, and help out against the AF and other invaders. That ring is also fun since anyone entering the game after you has no idea what faction you're associated with even if they know you're not the host.

On the flip side, invading as AF is also a good time and very quick, though in my experience it tends to be too imbalanced in favor of the invaders (some will find this more fun).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Fuck that, if you're invading someone's game, you're fully intending to wreck their game and halt their progress for your own gain, so don't complain if the host do whatever they can to make you go away as well.

Meh, that's my stance anyways. I get that it's a part of the game, but most of the time I view people that invade as simply an annoying nuisance that I want to get rid of. Especially since I am in Ember mode due to defeating a boss and not because I am cooping with someone. So bloody annoying.

Needham

What is wrong with co-op on the PC? I did my first playthrough completely solo, got invaded a few times with no issues. Now I'm trying to play co-op on all the bosses for my second playthrough, but it's all messed up. I can't enter the fog gates sometimes when I'm summoned, and people I summon can't enter either. There are no animations on enemies and the host sometimes. Some bosses I can enter the fog gate but the boss can't do anything to me, so congratulations host, you just summoned a god.

DedValve

Banned
Need some direction

defeated the rotten tree days ago and searched everywhere but I don't know where to progress in the undead settlement. I got the priest and killed the flaming beast and also backtracked to the high wall.

Where am I supposed to go next?

Zeliard

I just wish it were possible to stay in the game as MM so long as the host is still alive. It's too bad you're booted the instant you kill an invader.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Need some direction

defeated the rotten tree days ago and searched everywhere but I don't know where to progress in the undead settlement. I got the priest and killed the flaming beast and also backtracked to the high wall.

The huge church-like building pass the bridge guarded by two large pot-throwing dudes, in front to the entrance of the rat sewer shortcut that leads towards the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire, where you can find an NPC guy with a large hammer sitting on a rock. Go down instead of up.

mujun

Need some direction

Door opposite the one that takes you into tree boss room. Down steps then across the bridge to the left. Through the big doors and then you need to roll off the elevator so that you can get the one that goes down. From there on is your new area.

Dominator

I think I am just moving forward without really grasping anything. I
just lit the three fires and opened that door in the poison swamp area. I am only level 25 (is that too low for where I am?) and have no magic. Where do you get magic? Feel like I missed a shit ton of things and am playing this game entirely wrong.
Anybody? :(

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What is wrong with co-op on the PC? I did my first playthrough completely solo, got invaded a few times with no issues. Now I'm trying to play co-op on all the bosses for my second playthrough, but it's all messed up. I can't enter the fog gates sometimes when I'm summoned, and people I summon can't enter either. There are no animations on enemies and the host sometimes. Some bosses I can enter the fog gate but the boss can't do anything to me, so congratulations host, you just summoned a god.

I think it is lag. Most of the time it is good for me.

Not sure where to go right now. Just beat
Pontiff Sulyvahn
. Could someone point me in the right direction? I already beat
Yhorm
and
the Abyss Watchers

Does anybody like DS2 more than this? I'm still early but I remember having a better time with DS2. One thing that game had going for it was some cool environments. About 8 hours in everything is kind of drab, but without the originality or atmosphere of Bloodborne. Maybe it's just me though....

sn00zer

Quick question yes/no answer please

Can I get the shrine tower key without straight up buying it?

Also the catacombs are garbage, and its clear the reward after it is them acknowledging how bad that section was. Nothing redeeming about it.

Nameless

If they were going for the boss already, I really don't consider it "chicken shittery"...

If they disconnected on you, then they are cowards.

More when they're clearly waiting around and high-tail it to the boss the moment they get wind of an invader

Fuck that, if you're invading someone's game, you're fully intending to wreck their game and halt their progress for your own gain, so don't complain if the host do whatever they can to make you go away as well.

Meh, that's my stance anyways. I get that it's a part of the game, but most of the time I view people that invade as simply an annoying nuisance that I want to get rid of. Especially since I am in Ember mode due to defeating a boss and not because I am cooping with someone. So bloody annoying.

That's the point though, right? When you risk opening up your world to give or receive aid something nefarious might slip through. You should have to deal with something.

DedValve

Banned
Door opposite the one that takes you into tree boss room. Down steps then across the bridge to the left. Through the big doors and then you need to roll off the elevator so that you can get the one that goes down. From there on is your new area.

But I defeated the red beast and found nothing there but some sick armor. I guess I'll check again

Ogawa-san

I just realized you can kick those stupid stone lizard things in
Archdragon Peak
and they'll roll back. So I've been having great pleasure kicking them off cliffs, and just occasionally being knocked back there myself.

Also, Carthus Bloodring saved me again on my second
Nameless King
kill. It's a crutch now.

So how do you join the
Mound Makers
? It says you need to talk to
Hodrick before fighting the curse rotted greatwood, but I did fight the thing but it killed me after we fell into the underground.

E92 M3

I just wish it were possible to stay in the game as MM so long as the host is still alive. It's too bad you're booted the instant you kill an invader.

Yeah, would be nice to keep stacking the rewards lol

Those who are doing end game PVP, what level are you? Think I might level to like 115...

Chilling at 100 for a while now

Quick question yes/no answer please

Can I get the shrine tower key without straight up buying it?

Also the catacombs are garbage, and its clear the reward after it is them acknowledging how bad that section was. Nothing redeeming about it.

I enjoyed it a lot actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom