• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.
moonspeak said:
Looking back at Demon's Souls I really really hope they do something like the
Old Monk
boss fight in the new game. That was such an amazing feature.

They should ramp it up and make you fight two human players, while also warping someone in to be your tag team partner.

Orayn

moonspeak said:
Looking back at Demon's Souls I really really hope they do something like the
Old Monk
boss fight in the new game. That was such an amazing feature.
I can see them setting up
the optional boss battles against each faction leader in a similar way. Want to kill Nito? He summons three PLAYER servants to fight you.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Orayn said:
the optional boss battles against each faction leader in a similar way. Want to kill Nito? He summons three PLAYER servants to fight you.
And the 3 player servants can each summon their own npc familiar.
The true Dark Souls starts here.

sublimit

Banned
worldrevolution said:
Absolutely nothing interesting. Just talks about starter jobs, how the beginning is very open and how basically everyone playtesting it there chose a different path to explore. How surprised they would be when they could go this way or that way, blah blah. And that it'll be hard and death waiting at every corner and blah blah. Also the event had the game online so the players could try summoning eachother. It's Dark Souls!

Ah thanks.Well i guess we'll have lots of new info once the game is out.Can't wait for first impressions dammit (i mean besides the "OMG this game is hard" stuff :p)

I wouldn't put confirmation of cross region play in the OT. That interview you were using as proof is super old. Who knows if they were able to implement everything they wanted to.

Plus as I posted yesterday, there's the guy on the dark souls wiki saying that there are separate servers according to some "official".

It wouldn't surprise me at all for the From Software and Namco versions of the game to be separate, but otherwise fully cross region play for the Namco version.

teh_J0kerer said:
I wouldn't put confirmation of cross region play in the OT. That interview you were using as proof is super old. Who knows if they were able to implement everything they wanted to.

Plus as I posted yesterday, there's the guy on the dark souls wiki saying that there are separate servers according to some "official".

It wouldn't surprise me at all for the From Software and Namco versions of the game to be separate, but otherwise fully cross region play for the Namco version.

I trust a 4gamers interview translated by duckroll, and multiple other sources claiming its global more than one guy. But I'll edit it - backpedaling over this issue is frustrating haha. I am considering contacting FilthieRich or something.

I seriously can't wait for some of you people to start getting your copies of this game so I can begin commiseration properly. That was one of my favorite parts of Demon's Souls, and I'm sure it'll be one of my favorite with Dark Souls.

Doomrider

Orayn said:

=O WOW.
The lord dudes are OPTIONAL bosses?
That's so cool.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Looking at those pictures of the character creation I wonder how long I'll spend making my character. I usually don't care about that stuff but for this game I might put in a little effort..maybe try and make him look like my DS character.

bone_and_sinew

I could never get the character creator to work in Demon's Souls. I just kept hitting random until I got something I liked and tweaked it a little bit.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
bone_and_sinew said:
I could never get the character creator to work in Demon's Souls. I just kept hitting random until I got something I liked and tweaked it a little bit.

Basically what I did but I liked how he looked so I might try to duplicate him. Or I'll just make Commander Sheperd.

Zeliard

KefkaTaran said:
I seriously can't wait for some of you people to start getting your copies of this game so I can begin commiseration properly. That was one of my favorite parts of Demon's Souls, and I'm sure it'll be one of my favorite with Dark Souls.

Yeah, chatting with people about going through Demon's Souls and sharing various stories was one of its best aspects. It's a tremendously community-oriented game despite being largely single-player, since it fosters so much discussion and tip-sharing.

mattp

Alex said:
Amazon put up a normal edition of Dark Souls, I guess. So what someone is saying about the CE running out is probably true:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NRN5EO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
are you fucking kidding me?
they put the collector's edition up as a seperate listing?

the link you just posted is the one i pre-ordered back in liek may or whatever because they said all preorders of the regular edition automatically would be CE.
i'm gonna be so fucking pissed if i don't get one now

Max said:
That's the one I pre-ordered on amazon.ca, but at the time it had details beneath it saying it was the collector's edition. I had pre-ordered it before they had a second entry for the CE, which is now sold out on .ca

IF I DON'T GET MY CE...

Confirm you're getting the CE with Amazon Customer Service, they will always always hook you up.

Max

I am not Max
mattp said:
the link you just posted is the one i pre-ordered back in liek may or whatever because they said all preorders of the regular edition automatically would be CE.
i'm gonna be so fucking pissed if i don't get one now
For real. I'm so scared.

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Confirm you're getting the CE with Amazon Customer Service, they will always always hook you up.
I've emailed them just now

Max said:
That's the one I pre-ordered on amazon.ca, but at the time it had details beneath it saying it was the collector's edition. I had pre-ordered it before they had a second entry for the CE, which is now sold out on .ca

IF I DON'T GET MY CE...

Hahahaha, man, not laughing at you, and I hope you get the CE, but I read that sentence as "IF I DON'T GET MY ICE..." and started cracking up.

Max

I am not Max
What's even more confusing is that the Dark Souls entry has the CE's cover, and the CE entry has the normal cover...

Canova

Banned
JPN Reverse Box Art

307483_177060352368419_100001933667550_365639_1888343807_n.jpg

mattp said:
ok this is really weird
if i go to this link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NRN5EO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
it says "you purchased this on may 11th"

if i go into my pending orders, i've got 2. one for "dark souls" that i made in may
and one for "dark souls collector's edition" that i just made now
but both of them link to this same page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00542ZQJO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

god dammit amazon what is going on
sucks for you. i just preordered the CE. clicked the link in my account page and it's still the CE lol.

oracrest

Zeal said:
May I ask how many members of DSGaf will be importing with us? I know Indigo_Cyclops is -- who else? Will have my copy this friday.

I'm importing to, from Play-Asia. Not sure when it will show up though.

I checked my old preorder at Amazon, but found the link in my order history leads to the CE, so I'm not worried. This is the first I've heard of all this jazz. Anyway, the time is near....

I'm an expert

Canova said:
is there any English subtitle in the JPN version?

I'm just going to assume the game will be like DS - voices English but everything else in JP. I haven't really watched any media on the game so I could be totally wrong.

If the above picture was really what the collector's set was I might not have cancelled my preorder, but isn't all that stuff digital now.

Btw is there a collection of forum avatars around for Dark Souls, or anyone making some?

Man I can't wait, it's coming soon!

It'll come fast though, I have to do some much stuff between now and release. I probably won't have internet on the release date.

Orayn

Dynamic3 said:
Have there been any pics of the US CE "steel case"? Any idea if it's a SteelBook??
Not a Steelbook apparently, as it contains a standard edition of the game in addition to the other stuff.

I must be the only one who hasn't preordered, don't really care about collectors editions or art books or any of that. I'm just hoping some store will offer a $10 discount or coupon with it launch day. If not, no biggy, still a day 1 purchase regardless, just trying to save money.

Dreweyes

Spent the day designing this Dark Souls cover art!
What do you guys think?

Click to download if you would like to use!

Also, here is a official art style design by myself.

Click to download!

Dreweyes said:
Spent the day designing this Dark Souls cover art!
What do you guys think?

Click to download if you would like to use!

Also, here is a official art style design by myself.

Click to download!

Really amazing covers! Mind if I add them to the OT?

bone_and_sinew

weekend_warrior said:
I must be the only one who hasn't preordered, don't really care about collectors editions or art books or any of that. I'm just hoping some store will offer a $10 discount or coupon with it launch day. If not, no biggy, still a day 1 purchase regardless, just trying to save money.
Newegg had the CE for $50 a month and a half ago

I'm an expert

Someone design some avatars!

With 1 and a half days to go I broke my blackout and am reading through the JP Livejournal.. man..so much good info. They remade the character creation page too so all the stats are laid out as well. Let the theorycrafting begin.. and apparently the starter gifts are meant to be given to other players? (though you can use them for yourself) And lol at two of the character face types being びっち and ハードゲイ.

Dreweyes

Someone in the cover art thread requested a 360 version of one of my covers, so I'll leave it here to join the OT. :)
Click to download!

Dreweyes said:
Someone in the cover art thread requested a 360 version of one of my covers, so I'll leave it here to join the OT. :)
Click to download!

Added, thanks man! Really awesome of you to make those.

Getting fucking pumped. Days away.

Dreweyes said:
Yeah, I made these amazing covers. No big deal.

I'm not the kind of person to change covers, but I'd do it. I was going to ask about you making a 360 version, but when I hit reply it popped up as the last msg. Thanks, man. Those are really awesome. Is the top one you posted(the shadow/paper-cut looking one) official art? Either way, it's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom