• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
My god. I really need XBox MP impressions. I have this game pre-ordered on PS3, but most my friends are on Xbox. I want them to see that I'm playing this game!

Still hesitant about the fact that it's a port though.

Tokubetsu

RiccochetJ said:
My god. I really need XBox MP impressions. I have this game pre-ordered on PS3, but most my friends are on Xbox. I want them to see that I'm playing this game!

Still hesitant about the fact that it's a port though.

I feel like you only I don't have a ps3 so I have to get it on 360.

geebee

Banned
Ill Saint said:
Ahhhhhhhh AHHHHHHHHH ahhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhh OOHHHHHHHHH oooohhh aaaaaaaahhh ahh ahh ahh ahh AH AH OH AHHHHHHH UH UH UH UH OOOOOOOOOOHHHH ohhhhhh.
Haha sounds about right.

Orayn

I Push Fat Kids said:
Any notable differences between PS3/360 versions?
Not yet, with the possible exception of a long loading screen in one of the demo videos. It was a non-final build of the game that probably wasn't installed to the hard drive, though, so it might have been a fluke.
Also, normal attack is on RB and heavy attack on RT, which mirrors the original control scheme but is still a little odd.

Tokubetsu

Orayn said:
Not yet, with the possible exception of a long loading screen in one of the demo videos. It was a non-final build of the game that probably wasn't installed to the hard drive, though, so it might have been a fluke.
Also, normal attack is on RB and heavy attack on RT, which mirrors the original control scheme but is still a little odd.

Yeah thats getting remapped so as i get in game. How did you attack with R1? wtf.

Kevtones

Interesting.

I played DS (platinum achieved) on PS3 obviously but I'm considering going 360 just because it's my primary system.

I'll wait for the impressions I guess. I have both versions pre-ordered.

Orayn

Tokubetsu said:
Yeah thats getting remapped so as i get in game. How did you attack with R1? wtf.
1. No remapping yet that we know of, sorry. :(
2. You play it essentially like a dual analog action game. Your primary hand item uses the two right shoulder buttons, and your off-hand uses the left ones. It works quire well once you get used to it.

If you're interested in remapping, we could try bothering @filthierich on Twitter to see if he'll ask From Software will patch it in at a future date.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The only downside to shoulder buttons being the combat buttons was that if you put your controller down when talking to a friendly npc you could accidentally hit them, which will suddenly not make them so friendly as a result.

bone_and_sinew said:
The only downside to shoulder buttons being the combat buttons was that if you put your controller down when talking to a friendly npc you could accidentally hit them, which will suddenly not make them so friendly as a result.

Yes, this is true. Ultra sensitive R2 has gotten me into a lot of trouble in Demon's Souls at times. Be careful everyone!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
wait you want to remap the buttons? what are you gonna do have square and x be heavy and light left hand and triangle and circle be heavy and light main hand? lol

Orayn

QisTopTier said:
wait you want to remap the buttons? what are you gonna do have square and x be heavy and light left hand and triangle and circle be heavy and light main hand? lol
Given the option, I would probably try a Monster Hunter control scheme.

Square/X: Item
X/A: Sprint/dodge
Triangle/Y: Heavy attack
Circle/B: Light attack

RT/R1: Block

Not quite sure how I'd distribute Parry, Use, and Change Hands on the remaining three shoulder buttons, though.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
How could anything but R1 be attack..shield and sword on the shoulder buttons is what made DS is so good. Essentially left hand/right hand. So. Good.

About attacking the NPC...

I posted it earlier from the new info.
You can accidently attack them anymore, you need a certain weapon to do so.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cloudius12 said:

"Can't"
, I presume?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Cloudius12 said:

oh thank god. That screwed up my playthrough completely. Getting chased around the nexus like Benny Hill isn't much fun when all you want to do is take a breather.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
mrklaw said:
oh thank god. That screwed up my playthrough completely. Getting chased around the nexus like Benny Hill isn't much fun when all you want to do is take a breather.
This made me laugh more than it should've been XD

Orayn said:
Given the option, I would probably try a Monster Hunter control scheme.

Square/X: Item
X/A: Sprint/dodge
Triangle/Y: Heavy attack
Circle/B: Light attack

RT/R1: Block

Not quite sure how I'd distribute Parry, Use, and Change Hands on the remaining three shoulder buttons, though.
I don't think that would work as well as you think. Like worldrevolution said, having left and right hand actions assigned to the shoulder buttons really made the combat in Demon's Souls great and intuitive. Can you imagine dual-wielding weapons with that set up?

kyubajin

Reading all the Amazon-related posts I'm glad we don't have the Amazon in Spain yet (it jus launched this month) and I pre-ordered somewhere else where it clearly states what I'm getting.

Hope all of you do manage to get the CE after all!

soldat7

mattp said:
are you fucking kidding me?
they put the collector's edition up as a seperate listing?

the link you just posted is the one i pre-ordered back in liek may or whatever because they said all preorders of the regular edition automatically would be CE.
i'm gonna be so fucking pissed if i don't get one now

I don't think they'll mess this up. They better not, for those of us that pre-ordered the second it became available.

Edit: Just emailed Amazon because I'm getting paranoid.

kyubajin said:
Reading all the Amazon-related posts I'm glad we don't have the Amazon in Spain yet (it jus launched this month) and I pre-ordered somewhere else where it clearly states what I'm getting.

Hope all of you do manage to get the CE after all!
My Amazon.co.uk order auto-switched to the Limited no probs.

johntown

Banned
All of this Amazon paranoia on her made me check my order which I ordered months ago and I am still getting the Collector's Edition.

Dunan

I put the CE in my US Amazon cart a week or so ago.

After reading these rumors, I decided to take my stuff to the virtual checkout. There were no messages saying that the CE was no longer available or anything like that. The only weird thing was that the expected ship date was anywhere from October 17 to October 23.

But it looks like you can still get the CE from them!

Torraz

Whoa. Totally forgot to order from amazon (uk)!

Just placed my LE PS3 order from them. They confirmed and said the shipout date would be 6 october.

Torraz said:
Whoa. Totally forgot to order from amazon!

Just placed my LE PS3 order from them. They confirmed and said the shipout date would be 6 october.

Join the fun, and the excruciating wait!

Just noticed that Dark Souls is sold out on NCSx website! So soon!

fionel

mujun said:
Amazon Japan, I'm in Japan.

yes!! I randomly went to the page with preorder bonus today and was surprised to find that they still had some in stock, however they get sold out as soon as I ordered. Oddly, copies at the normal retail price become available and then sold out every 2 or 3 seconds. Fortunately after refreshing the page for about an hour I was finally able to order a copy. I hope it wasn't a stupid system glitch.

Doomrider

sublimit said:
I hope the game has a CG intro video like the one in Demon's Souls,i loved that one!

I would imagine all the "Prologue" stuff we've seen so far is part of the intro (if not the intro itself). And it looks pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom