• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT| So the industry might be mended

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one confusing thread title to another. Yes, it's the ending line of one of the Japanese Dark Souls trailers. It's kind of a weird thing that caught my attention when I first saw it. I like it better than the previous, which I had planned on getting changed eventually. EatChildren helped me add and switched it.

oracrest - thanks for the banners, I added them to the OP and re-organized a bit. They look great!

Thanks for the heads up about the Cleric, I saw it, but must have skipped over it when regurgitating the info.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
From one confusing thread title to another. Yes, it's the ending line of one of the Japanese Dark Souls trailers. It's kind of a weird thing that caught my attention when I first saw it. I like it better than the previous, which I had planned on getting changed eventually. EatChildren helped me add and switched it.

But I never figured out the puzzle. :(

btw great OP... not over/underdone, very classy... what the game deserves.

hehe title changes. great OP like before Cyclops. I wasn't going to order a million different versions this time but now i'm tempted to grab the japanese or other for exra pre-order goodies. oh dear..

so glad i've managed to remain spoiler-free this long, can't wait to play :D

ironcreed

Banned
Ah, nice to see this up tonight and what a superb OT it is. Hard to believe that the countless, yet wonderful deaths that this game promises are almost upon us. Time certainly does fly.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
There's been some footage out of TGS 2011 - seems like the game looks pretty close to the PS3 footage; and runs well.

Yeah, 360/PS3 versions are identical. Thank goodness, awesome DS experiences to go all-around.

Zeal

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
http://www.shopncsx.com/darksouls.aspx
Reliable, quick to ship. They are a bit more pricey, but they usually get products ahead of time so they can ship out on release. At least from my experience. They are located in New York City. GA, not too far, at least it's not cross-country! They offer most shipping options too.
Thanks, I have used them for years, actually. They were my first pick, but I just wanted to be sure.

brb

Got my Collector's Edition preorder paid in full, been in media blackout since E3, took off work the week it comes out, I'm ready to rock!

My #1 most anticipated game right here. Oct. 3rd 11:59pm can't come soon enough.

hypehypehypehype

Foffy

Banned
Luckily I'm off that Thursday and Friday the game launches in the States.

I'm taking Wednesday off, too. :3

Zeal

Banned
Good to go. Ordered with 1 day express shipping from NCS. I'm more or less fluent in Japanese so I'll let everyone know if they changed anything up a bit and more than willing to help translate menus and such for players.

Hell, for all I know it might be english.

Still no 100% confirmation about whether the Japanese version and the NA version are on the same servers.. So even 6 days away, I still don't know which version I'm going to buy :(.

Zeal said:
Good to go. Ordered with 1 day express shipping from NCS. I'm more or less fluent in Japanese so I'll let everyone know if they changed anything up a bit and more than willing to help translate menus and such for players.

Hell, for all I know it might be english.

I'll be looking to you for questions on Items and the like!

teh_J0kerer said:
Still no 100% confirmation about whether the Japanese version and the NA version are on the same servers.. So even 6 days away, I still don't know which version I'm going to buy :(.

No official word, I've heard from multiple sources that it's Global servers. Canova has mentioned it's a mix of PSN/P2P. Honestly, I would be surprised if it wasn't Global.

Zeal

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I'll be looking to you for questions on Items and the like!

No problem, bud. Here to keep the Demon's/Dark Souls community at GAF strong.

So the world might be mended...

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
teh_J0kerer said:

This is actually what's keeping me from cancelling my imported NA order and just picking it up on release here. But..I don't know why.. Lack of cool stuff with the regular version here might be a better reason.

worldrevolution said:
This is actually what's keeping me from cancelling my imported NA order and just picking it up on release here. But..I don't know why.. Lack of cool stuff with the regular version here might be a better reason.

Even the Limited Edition in JPN is lacking. Soundtrack and fold-out map. But I believe, like in the States/PAL, pre-orders are automatically upgraded? Don't quote me on that. I haven't found much info, but I don't know as much Japanese as I'd like. Takes me a lot of time to sort through things. So you may know more than me even.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Even the Limited Edition in JPN is lacking. Soundtrack and fold-out map. But I believe, like in the States/PAL, pre-orders are automatically upgraded? Don't quote me on that. I haven't found much info, but I don't know as much Japanese as I'd like. Takes me a lot of time to sort through things. So you may know more than me even.

Nah, no automatic upgrade. The separate collector's edition is quite a bit more expensive. The truth is I don't even care much for the NA version collector's stuff. I randomly found this quote on the English version of the Livejournal wiki:

There are no regions: Play is global: This is uncorfirmed as of August 29th, as the original interviews from the developer are contradicted by recent information revealed by the publisher. We will update as soon as we have confirmation on whether the initial idea of global play will stay or if the servers will vary across regions.

I guess I don't even know what I'm worried about..I might as well just pick the game up next week and enjoy it rather than waiting a few weeks.

worldrevolution said:
Nah, no automatic upgrade. The separate collector's edition is quite a bit more expensive. The truth is I don't even care much for the NA version collector's stuff. I randomly found this quote on the English version of the Livejournal wiki:

I guess I don't even know what I'm worried about..I might as well just pick the game up next week and enjoy it rather than waiting a few weeks.

Ah, well thanks for clearing that up. That's helpful - I didn't think so.

That's the quote I'm thinking of, and a few people here have mentioned stuff about it being Global. I've also heard from some folks that it is. I'd pick it up as well, definitely the best cover art of the bunch. The collector's edition stuff took a dive, at least in the States, when it was confirmed we wouldn't be getting a physical full guide like PAL. Oh well!

I'm an expert

Yeah, while I'm a giant fan of all things digital - artbooks/soundtracks/miniwalkthroughs don't really interest me. Yeah I guess I will just buy it next week. Wow, I just went from excited to ridiculously excited. I actually figured I had a month+ till this arrived so I was looking at getting into Xillia or some other RPG.

Orayn

ceski said:
Is there an in-depth comparison of the PS3 and 360 versions of this game yet?
No, because we have (almost?) no direct feed footage. The cam footage didn't look dramatically different, though.

ironcreed

Banned
astroturfing said:
how epic will the stories told in this thread be? very fucking epic.

Very epic indeed.

dark-souls-challenge-accepted.jpg

angry.jpg

Conqueror.jpg

I have like 20 hours in Demon's Souls and have beat like 3 or 4 of the levels. I'm truly awful at it. Super pumped for this though. Hopefully I get farther than in the first lol

Tokubetsu

Another question. I never played Demon Soul (No PS3 ='[) but I'm told your class didn't really matter outside of the first few minutes of the game. Is it the same in this?

Great thread, I'm not ready, but I'm excited for this game. I have a couple of questions:

1. What happened to the Solar of Astoria playable character from the E3 demo? I was excited to start with it.
2. Kinda bummed out about the NA collectors version w/ everything being a download code. I'm thinking of importing an extra copy to get physical items. What is the best place to do this? And what version should I get? Can I play the Asia and Pal version on my NA PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom