• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

I did. Took me 23 minutes, without source access. (I dedicate this to the people that told me I'm unreasonable when I lambasted From for not doing something that takes a few hours at most in the other thread)

http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2319-29-00ojjb.png[IMG]

(This is rendering at 2048x1440 noAA btw.)

I'll make a thread when it's in a state ready to release[/QUOTE]

Nicely done, man. I knew we could count on modders to save us but I would've never guessed that said modder would come from GAF! Kudos!

MedIC86

I did. Took me 23 minutes, without source access. (I dedicate this to the people that told me I'm unreasonable when I lambasted From for not doing something that takes a few hours at most in the other thread)

I'll make a thread when it's in a state ready to release

Dude wth... :D what did you do ? it looks so much better.

data2012-08-2319-29-00ojjb.png

I'll make a thread when it's in a state ready to release

Holy shit dude. This is crazy. You're making from look really bad here.

GOt my key as well, yahhooo!

Durante you're the fucking savior of the Dark Souls PC version. Thank you thank you thank you!

Looks amazing!

chiablo

Any insight as to HOW you were able to perform in less than a half-hour what an entire team of professional developers were unable to do?

Durante

Nice work. Make sure you tell From what you're doing and they might actually have an official patch. :D
Honestly, at this point, unless something turns up later in the game, the only explanation is that they just don't give a fuck. It's that simple.

That still looks really down-resed and shitty.
Well, maybe, but it's the "shitty" of a normal console port, not the OMGFWTF of vanilla.

Any insight as to HOW you were able to perform in less than a half-hour what an entire team of professional developers were unable to do?
Well, admittedly, I spent a few hours this week preparing the interceptor and thinking about all the stuff that could be needed. Also tested it on other games.

Of course, you wouldn't even need an interceptor if you were the developer of the game!

Any word on a performance hit, Durante? I have the feeling the big reason for the locked framebuffer is that the game takes a huge performance hit on anything above 1024x720.

Durante

Any word on a performance hit, Durante? I have the feeling the big reason for the locked framebuffer is that the game takes a huge performance hit on anything above 1024x720.
Well, I haven't seen anything other than locked 30 FPS at 4 times the resolution. I'm running a 660.

King_Moc

Banned
Not sure if this has been posted already, but my physical copy arrived today.

Comes with an artbook, making of DVD, 23 track Soundtrack, some postcards and a poster of the front cover.

Deadstar

How can Durante do what an established game company can't in 23 minutes? I really don't get it. Is japanese development that bad?

Some of the effects are probably still rendered at a smaller framebuffer, that's why there is some pixelation. But those textures man. The higher res truly unlocked some potential.

Aeana

How can Durante do what an established game company can't in 23 minutes? I really don't get it. Is japanese development that bad?

Why is it "Japanese development" and not just From? Plenty of Japanese developers have done great work on PC.

Sethos

Banned
I'm randomly throwing money at my screen whenever Durante posts, fix the framerate and you will reach god-tier.

_machine

Not sure if this has been posted already, but my physical copy arrived today.

Comes with an artbook, making of DVD, 23 track Soundtrack, some postcards and a poster of the front cover.
They've put more effort into the packaging than into the porting...still, that's a really nice pack.

He said that he spent some time preparing for it last week so the 23 minute figure is probably just today's work. Still impressive, no doubt - not trying to undermine his work at all.

Zzoram

This resolution fix is huge news. It needs to be in the OT title or a new thread so people who wrote the game off due to it can know its fixed.

Top Bottom