• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Hypron

My hype suddenly level reached over 9000. Cannot wait to play this sexy beast in 1080p thanks to Durante!

Edit: I'm so excited I can't even form a sentence properly!

Glass Rebel

Also he should probably make a thread now and update it later with the proper release just to keep the
sun
praising there and game discussion here :)

Sethos

Banned
Haha, Durante is going to come back

"Guys, bad news ... I may have been a bit too quick on the Trigger. It doesn't work as intended".

Then we hang him.

Eusis

Haha, Durante is going to come back

"Guys, bad news ... I may have been a bit too quick on the Trigger. It doesn't work as intended".

Then we hang him.
Depends on where I think. If it happens in Blighttown I don't think anyone sensible will blame him.

So for people that preordered at GMG that have gotten and activated the keys already....

have you been able to preload on Steam, I dont see the option.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Unbelievable. Mad props to Durante. Sickeningly poor form by From. I'm actually considering this now. What's the cheapest price?

dino1980

So for people that preordered at GMG that have gotten and activated the keys already....

have you been able to preload on Steam, I dont see the option.

I got a key from them but its maybe the wrong key? It says NA and I live in Europe. Tried to Activate it and it worked. But I cant preload it yet.

"You are receiving this email because the keys for Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (NA) that you have been waiting for have been just added to your account."

Taruranto

lol, if this goes on Durante is bound to become pretty popular.

Zv8Wu.jpg

"random dude on internet fixes resolution issue before game launches"

Fucking Reddit.

I know right. At least with my posts that I submitted about Durante (to /r/games and /r/gaming) I give credits to Durante (and NeoGAF) in the title. I like reddit, but sometimes its just awful.

Deadstar

Unbelievable. Mad props to Durante. Sickeningly poor form by From. I'm actually considering this now. What's the cheapest price?

I saw this from the GMG thread:

20% off with voucher: DERHE-RRDER-RINGE till August 31

Comes to $32. I will purchase if this fix works for everyone.

Also:

Durante
23 Minutes
(Today, 02:22 PM)

Guess I'll buy from steam now considering it's THAT easy to fix the resolution. I assume uncapping the frame rate will be pretty easy as well.

Don't be confident of that, depending on how it is done, stuff like animations might be framerate dependent and may not work well on a higher framerate. This also happened in the game "From Dust".

I wonder how much money his 23 minute fix just made them.

When you consider how much they saved in not doing it and then how much more they made from the hype revolved around a community member's fix they totally made the right business decision... lol. ;) Dark Souls gets more speak on the interwebs thanks to Durante's great efforts.

Amazing that From couldn't give 23 minutes of a shit to fix this before launch and avoid bad press and most likely make more money. It's amazing how inept gaming companies can be about their products. They could hire ANYONE from GAF (besides the 24FPS cinematic crowd) and it would have a positive impact on revenue.

ezekial45

Banned
Damn, I'm still amazed by this. I wrote a preview for the PC version, and I had a feeling you guys would fix it. But I never thought it would only take 23 minutes before the actual release!

Yeah, really insensitive, I linked to that as it seem to be the link that is on the front page... but yeah.

It isn't meant to be disrespectful though. It's meant to show up FROM by saying some "RANDOM DUDE" from the internet can fix the problem they can't.

Top Bottom